Neyland Renovation

Since we have the knuckleheads starting the #EmptyNeyland campaign. They decided to use the $340 Million to remove all of the seats and just have luxury boxes.

It needs to happen badly. Parts of the stadium are antiquated or just flat out bad.

Well, it also means the price of tickets will just get that much higher. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need features for my hand held devices, specialized dining areas so me and several hundred people can socialize during the game, special electronic signs posted around the stadium to advertise products or promote a social agenda, or restrooms with special features for WTF ever.

I am a simple SOB. I want a reasonably wide for my ass seat to watch the game, maybe a decent burger or dog and a drink to wash it down, and no distractions other than what I came to see. If I have a bus that gets me back to my car within an hour, I am fine with that.

And I don't want to go in hock paying for it. What you call antiquated, I call normal. But I guess thats just me.

Reactions: 8 people
are they gonna renovate the stadium "brick by brick" ?

MeatyDevotedAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Well, it also means the price of tickets will just get that much higher. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need features for my hand held devices, specialized dining areas so me and several hundred people can socialize during the game, special electronic signs posted around the stadium to advertise products or promote a social agenda, or restrooms with special features for WTF ever.

I am a simple SOB. I want a reasonably wide for my ass seat to watch the game, maybe a decent burger or dog and a drink to wash it down, and no distractions other than what I came to see. If I have a bus that gets me back to my car within an hour, I am fine with that.

And I don't want to go in hock paying for it. What you call antiquated, I call normal. But I guess thats just me.

Words of a prophet written on the restroom walls. Well done my man.

Reactions: 1 person
For all those that have been spouting that UT can't afford Butch and co. buyout, chew on this awhile. The buyout isn't why UT is slow in firing Butch.

Reactions: 2 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_King View Post
Post of the day

Yeah, that one owns the dealerships %, and ours ... well, this current coach/ current Program / current Adept (Athletic department) is apparently all about thinking that showing the kids a Mercedes is actually important, if not more so than a winning record in the SEC, and now look at the 5th year results of that activity:

Report: Tennessee's Butch Jones drives $220,000 foreign car to impress recruits

"“Kids judge you by your car,” Jones told the Knoxville newspaper. “It’s crazy.”"

Butch, the National Rankings judge you/the Program (and kids/recruits should be judging you / basing your abilities off of) this way: 0-5.

Butch's car may have an exotic price tag and Lambo doors, but in the end it's still just a Mercedes - not something exotic. There are cars that really would make a statement, but Butch doesn't get that ... among other things.

Would be nice if power to sound systems went missing in the renovation, and we had to rely on good old fashioned band and fan noise.

Reactions: 3 people
If classified as capital project, will not be funded the same way as recurring budget items. State and local government do this all the time.

Reactions: tbh
The renovation is a separate project from the current coaching issues. The south end of the stadium needed to be be upgraded 20 years ago. It wasn't specifically mentioned but I assume phase 1 now includes tearing down of the Gate 10/South End ramp?

Obviously this has been being planned for quite sometime and they are probably financing this, HOWEVER, the optics on this are absolutely terrible and it is just further proof of how out of touch and inept our athletic department is. Announcing this at the time they did provides for some terrible optics.

Currently, fans have been essentially getting told that we (the AD) are concerned about paying this massive buyout for the coaching staff and then having to spend the money on hiring a top-tier coach and how that isn't going to happen. And so they thought it was a brilliant idea to announce $340 million of renovations during peak frustration times?

Unreal....just shows you that this is only a business to them and they could care less about putting a winning product on the field.

:rock::hi: 1000 likes, its just mind blowing!

I really don't give a crap what the place looks like, I'd just like to have a decent seat to sit in. F a bunch of bleacher seats.

Reactions: 2 people
I really don't give a crap what the place looks like, I'd just like to have a decent seat to sit in. F a bunch of bleacher seats.

The bleacher style seats are what allows over 102 thousand into the stadium. If they installed individual seats everywhere it would greatly decrease the amount of butts in the stadium.

Notice he's tapping a brick with no mortar under it?

Par for the course on his coaching.

Don't forget he spent half the year running read option plays, with a pocket passer, who needed shoulder surgery.

According to Butch "QD gives us our best chance to win" 🤦*♂️

I believe part of the lower level renovation will involve changing seats to suites in some area with a change in price. Maybe the common fan will only afford bleacher seats in way upper deck. The wealthy and business owners may like this due to tax deductions or they can just afford. Time will tell.

Would be nice if power to sound systems went missing in the renovation, and we had to rely on good old fashioned band and fan noise.

You mean to say that you're willing to give up all the wonderful and memorable experiences the past five seasons with 3rd down for what blaring every 30 seconds because Jones can't find a defensive coordinator to get the defense off the field??

VN Store

Back