Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this. Phillip said Gruden was never in play. Don't know if only for him or whole coaching search.

Oh, that's interesting! When did he say that? Is there a link?

Now that I'm trying to find real life again (my husband suggested that we wear name tags), I'm not catching all the little nuggets as they go by.

Don't think I'd have any interest in PM if he was still playing and I am one that has cheered both Colts & Broncos because of him

Reactions: 2 people
OK, got it.

It's sad to see a dream go, but I have to say that it's a relief that it's over. I neglected family and work pretty shamefully through this whole thing.
One of those high risk/high reward things, methinks.

Imagine the euphoria we'd be in IF it had clicked.

Reactions: 3 people
OK, got it.

It's sad to see a dream go, but I have to say that it's a relief that it's over. I neglected family and work pretty shamefully through this whole thing.

We all did, but it was the funnest time ever. now people are on the Gruden 50 thread making fun of us but I don't care. I had a great time.

Reactions: 1 person
One of those high risk/high reward things, methinks.

Imagine the euphoria we'd be in IF it had clicked.

I'd probably be euphoric AND fired, lol.

I think we're OK though. Might not have been what was on our Christmas list, but it's better than a lump of coal, and we might wind up being pleasantly surprised. (Although it will be tough to come around for those who drew those impressive lines in the sand.)

Hey guys I just thought I would drop in and say Hi. I have been lurking when I can and I have to say, this hire still doesn't impress me and is still hard to swallow, who knows I guess I will come around but It is just hard for me to get behind a gump. I hope he does well because I hope UT does well but being a UT fan for as long as I can remember, I LOATHE Alabama and knowing that our head football coach bleeds crimson does not set well. sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
you still getting snow?

Not at the moment. It tapered off midday, and we even had blue skies. It looked like a Christmas card.

A little has melted, but we're supposed to have another wave come through tomorrow, I think? They're saying a dusting, but they didn't say I'd be looking at 8-9" on my city lot, so we'll just see what happens, I suppose.

Still irked that I couldn't take a snow day yesterday. :) (I work from home now)

Not at the moment. It tapered off midday, and we even had blue skies. It looked like a Christmas card.

A little has melted, but we're supposed to have another wave come through tomorrow, I think? They're saying a dusting, but they didn't say I'd be looking at 8-9" on my city lot, so we'll just see what happens, I suppose.

Still irked that I couldn't take a snow day yesterday. :) (I work from home now)

I work from home but no real set hours- basically I work on deliverables if not Anya client site.

Working from home is nice but much harder than I expected with all the distractions.

<sad face> I've only had two. I had my face for a while but I didn't want a bunch of groupies flirting with me, after watching Lexi. :):)
Yes, it's a dangerous world here for good-looking men who aren't crazy! Or at least who hide their craziness. :)

I was thinking that at some point, you had a geometric American Indian/ Native American design up there, but that was probably just your UT fan. :crazy:

It will take a while for my brain to recover from the last two months.

Oh well, we had the Tiny Terror (our 5-month-old grandson) over today, and now it's time for bed and a book at the ripe hour of 9 p.m. :snoring:

Night everyone. Someone try to keep the Night Shift from a mass arrest, if possible.

I work from home but no real set hours- basically I work on deliverables if not Anya client site.

Working from home is nice but much harder than I expected with all the distractions.

Yes, I used to be great at working from home, because I was trying to avoid Husband #1, but now that I have Husband #2, aka The Keeper, it's a lot harder. Plus, he's retired, and I am sooooo jealous.

Still beats the office though!

Hello all,
Anything exciting happening tonight? Watched Army v. Navy, BasketVols, and news. Just finding it hard to fill my time with no football or coaching search to follow.

Recruiting is hard to follow with the new early signing period and new coaching staff at the same time.

Thought I'd stop by and see what you nuts are into. Glad to see this thread still going enjoyed y'alls insights and passion as well as your humor and depravity...

Keep it up you are good people. Y'all are REAL and genuine!!! I love it

Go Vols

Hello all,
Anything exciting happening tonight? Watched Army v. Navy, BasketVols, and news. Just finding it hard to fill my time with no football or coaching search to follow.

Recruiting is hard to follow with the new early signing period and new coaching staff at the same time.

Thought I'd stop by and see what you nuts are into. Glad to see this thread still going enjoyed y'alls insights and passion as well as your humor and depravity...

Keep it up you are good people. Y'all are REAL and genuine!!! I love it

Go Vols

The best people on this board are in this thread.:)

I just saw your location (back on laptop now) --you're in Macedonia?? What in the heck are you doing there?

you should feel safe, ape is behind the wheel. snow removal!!!

Hey guys I just thought I would drop in and say Hi. I have been lurking when I can and I have to say, this hire still doesn't impress me and is still hard to swallow, who knows I guess I will come around but It is just hard for me to get behind a gump. I hope he does well because I hope UT does well but being a UT fan for as long as I can remember, I LOATHE Alabama and knowing that our head football coach bleeds crimson does not set well. sorry for the rant.

Hey Jackson... I’ve determined to look at it like an NFL move. He’s been hired to do a job. We didn’t ask him to marry us. Lol... as long as he honors our traditions, history and maxims and wins games, I’m okay with him. He’s a hired gun. Now, he may fall in love with TN the way all of us did and if so, that’s even better. But right now, we need a pure football coach to take us further than the last 2 clowns could. It just so happens he’s a bammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back