Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Is this the Gruden Thread now?

giphy.webp

Reactions: 2 people
It is! Praying for you my friend. Pray all is well.

yeah ... the worst is behind us. start healing now.
got a lot of distractions coming up in the next few weeks with holidays and church functions and such, which will be welcome. Thanks to everybody for prayers.

in a word or two, can someone tell me what happened to gruden? he just say no, simple as that?

Reactions: 1 person
yeah ... the worst is behind us. start healing now.
got a lot of distractions coming up in the next few weeks with holidays and church functions and such, which will be welcome. Thanks to everybody for prayers.

in a word or two, can someone tell me what happened to gruden? he just say no, simple as that?

He countered but for some reason we didn’t accept it. We don’t know the counter offer or why we didn’t accept. Didn’t make sense to me at all. My opinion was they were far just far enough down the road with Pruitt that the counter didn’t make sense. And to be honest, Gruden has plenty of time.

preacher, we had heard a lot of story's why, but don't think he was really in play and if he was Currie really made him say heck no.

Last edited:
thanks guys.
this thread ain't moving like the gruden threads did huh.

is this where we all meet? is there a different thread?

thanks guys.

This is the one! And I'm grateful it's not moving like before. We're not all on tenterhooks, waiting for the next news flash.

No one has officially said anything about Gruden, including that he was even in play in the first place. My own opinion, based on nothing much other than how it went down, is that he was intrigued with the idea of coaching football, but that's all it was, and he was never really committed to making the jump. I think UT did all that was reasonable (and more), and in the end, he said no. And that's OK, although frustrating.

I said a few times before that although I was OK to shoot the moon for salary (with other people's money, lol), I was VERY nervous about establishing a precedent of a $10 million salary. When the time came for him to move on, how do you tell the next candidate, "Yeah, we'll go $7 mill, even $7.5" when you've already shown that you'd pay 10?

At any rate, we're all glad that you're back, and thoughts and prayers for your family at this time.

Reactions: 3 people
thanks guys.

It’s slow in here. It’s also weird at times. The day of the announcement, there was a lot of activity and most of th usuals. Since many have not returned and if they have, not as often. But I created it for all of the Grudenites to gather.

This is the one! And I'm grateful it's not moving like before. We're not all on tenterhooks, waiting for the next news flash.

No one has officially said anything about Gruden, including that he was even in play in the first place. My own opinion, based on nothing much other than how it went down, is that he was intrigued with the idea of coaching football, but that's all it was, and he was never really committed to making the jump. I think UT did all that was reasonable (and more), and in the end, he said no. And that's OK, although frustrating.

I said a few times before that although I was OK to shoot the moon for salary (with other people's money, lol), I was VERY nervous about establishing a precedent of a $10 million salary. When the time came for him to move on, how do you tell the next candidate, "Yeah, we'll go $7 mill, even $7.5" when you've already shown that you'd pay 10?

At any rate, we're all glad that you're back, and thoughts and prayers for your family at this time.

thanks.

i've thought lately that he wasn't gonna say no, but he wasn't gonna say yes either ... just waited us out.

i've also thought that if he jumps to the nfl, i might start keeping up with that team. i have no real interests in the nfl since peyton retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back