Next Up on the Sexual Abuse Front......Al Franken

She's probably just an overly emotional girl.

No. I see why somebody who had been groped by a man would also conclude from this photo that he groped her there, too.

All I'm saying is this is not photo proof. Can you honestly look at that and say he's groping?

I am only refuting the part of her story where she says she was asleep. For some odd reason, I don't find people's memories of events that they sleep through to be very reliable.

why would you refute it - at best the story is incomplete.

we don't know what happened just prior or just after the photo.

she may have talked to people on the plane, she may have awoken when(if) he touched her.

Franken hasn't denied touching her.

On Moore changing, he was 38 and she was 24 when they got married. So the pattern of him at 32 going for teen girls seems to fit as she'd have been 18 when he was 32.

Reactions: 1 person
why would you refute it - at best the story is incomplete.

we don't know what happened just prior or just after the photo.

she may have talked to people on the plane, she may have awoken when(if) he touched her.

Franken hasn't denied touching her.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying we don't know and she doesn't know. You may be right that people told her and she could hopefully clarify that. If at least one person there felt uncomfortable about it and told her, that's pretty damning.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying we don't know and she doesn't know. You may be right that people told her and she could hopefully clarify that. If at least one person there felt uncomfortable about it and told her, that's pretty damning.

just clarifying because refute means something different than questioning the story.

Did you read her story that I linked?

So, we shouldn't convict if we "don't know?"

Mr Franken will have to give up his senate seat.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer on Thursday called for an ethics probe of Sen. Al Franken in the wake of allegations that he groped and kissed a Los Angeles TV host without her consent, as fellow Democrats on Capitol Hill condemned the Minnesota senator.

Last edited:
Franken, then a comedian, was quoted in a 1995 New York Magazine article discussing a skit for “Saturday Night Live” that involved drugging and raping CBS reporter Lesley Stahl. Franken, at the time a writer for “SNL,” suggested one skit should play out with “60 Minutes” commentator Andy Rooney finding an empty pill bottle on his desk.

“'I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then when Lesley is passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.' Or ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.' Or, ‘When she passes out. I put her in various positions and take pictures of her,’” Franken was quoted saying.

The article, along with a 2000 Playboy column in which Franken talked about fantasizing a machine would perform oral sex on him, was used to attack Franken during his 2008 Senate campaign in Minnesota. Republican women also gathered to demand Franken explain himself, according to the Pioneer Press.

Franken eventually apologized for his crude remarks, but he later wrote in his book, “Al Franken: Giant of the Senate,” that he faked the apology to get the necessary support for his election win, according to the New York Times.

“We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.”

Last edited:
So we only believe 2 or more but not individual women?

Interesting

I don't think you demand someone resign or drop off a ticket with just one uncorroborated accusation.

Now that Franken has admitted he did it I would like to see him resign and send a message that bad behavior is not going to be tolerated in our elected officials.

Last edited:
This tweet aged well
DOw55kbXUAIDAg9.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
So we only believe 2 or more but not individual women?

Interesting

There are two things in these kind of discussions (not remotely limited to just this incident) I always find troubling.

It's horrifying to think of being a person that was a victim but with nothing but your lone accusation as evidence you are basically ignored.

and

I find it scary as hell to think some person could basically accuse anyone of something and make it stick based on little more than merely their personal saying so.

I don't know how you can really reconcile the tension between the two.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think you demand someone resign or drop off a ticket with just one uncorroborated accusation.

Now that Franken has admitted he did it I would like to see him resign and send a message that bad behavior is not going to be tolerated in our elected officials.

Don't hold your breath. Kennedy murdered a woman and that rat bastard essentially died in office.

Reactions: 5 people

you do realize he is a member of congress, right?.. and a democrat

Last edited:
I bet so many legislators are pissing themselves about all this. What summer intern or freshman lobbyist did they get weird around? Probably shouldn’t have made that informal policy about hiring volleyball players from your alma mater. I bet everyone is digging dirt on everyone else to see who they can out and who might have them over a barrel.

VN Store

Back