New petition formed to make a change

to anybody who signs this....this IS an attack on the university because you don't trust the people in charge to make whatever their decision is.
this IS an atttack on this football team because right now they have trust in THEIR coaching staff to improve...although I can't see how the offense can improve much....

as far as fans go...maybe we need a coaching change...it is NOT the fan who decides this....if you do NOT want to support this university..take your money and so called support and find another team...

:lolabove: again.. Smiling and gritting my teeth uncontrolably

as far as fans go...maybe we need a coaching change...it is NOT the fan who decides this....if you do NOT want to support this university..take your money and so called support and find another team...

Fans like YOU are the problem. Fans who think that mediocrity is ok. What happened to the standard of excellence that Tennessee used to have? Bama went through three coaches in 5 years because they didn't win enough, now they're back on top. Yet we want to keep a failing coach just a liiiittle bit longer because...who knows why?

Here's a thought, if Derek Dooley doesn't like fans talking about his job behind his back, then shut them up. Win some games.

Reactions: 1 person
take a moment and enlighten mr. offense is not bad special teams is not bad.
we have depth at all positions and are improving our talent. our defense is atrocious but that is all I see.

Special teams is not bad? Our kicking game is atrocious and the only bright spot is Patterson, who will probably be gone next year.

Where is our depth at TE? We had a current OL playing there

Where is our depth at RB? Devrin Young gets playing time

Where is our depth at WR? After Patterson & Hunter, we have Rogers and then what? What happens when they leave?

Where is our depth at Safety? Randolph goes down and we start a guy who we didn't even think would play this year

Where is our depth at LB? Who's after AJ, Lathers, and Maggit?

Where is our talent at CB? We have none

Fans like YOU are the problem. Fans who think that mediocrity is ok. What happened to the standard of excellence that Tennessee used to have? Bama went through three coaches in 5 years because they didn't win enough, now they're back on top. Yet we want to keep a failing coach just a liiiittle bit longer because...who knows why?

Here's a thought, if Derek Dooley doesn't like fans talking about his job behind his back, then shut them up. Win some games.

thank you. thank you. thank you. I continue to be amazed at the job Dooley has done to lower these drones expectations.

I'm not willing to settle for mediocrity I want better. But I will not drag the university I love through the mud to get there. This looks bad on anyone who roots for UT.:peace2:

Ridiculous. Do ANY of you stop and think of the team?? Dang. This whole "I'm not going to another game until Dooley is farred" and starting a freaking petition to fire their head coach hurts them too. They need fans to show up to their games. So many fans are so wrapped up in becoming relevant NOW they don't stop to think that these kids are putting their heart and soul and full effort for the coaches regardless of the "hot seat" discussion and SEC record. And they're doing it for the fun of the game. They're enjoying themselves. And here we are cry-babying over who is currently the coach and not enjoying a single game.

Some members of the team have been putting out tweets about how they support their coaches. Yeah, guess Dooley's lost the team this year. :banghead2:

People who sign this care more about the team than you do. Fact.

They want the players to be coached like they should be coached when they go to a big SEC school. Both in football and as men. They want the team to win because winning is fun to them.

However, YOU want the team to keep Derek Dooley. To get yelled at instead of coached. To not develop their skills. To lose games with those hour long flights back in complete silence & disappointment. That's what they've gotten these past 3, 4 years.

And they can't say ANYTHING about it, because then they run until they puke. I think the team is glad to see someone stick up for them. To say things they can't say.

If you read the petition and thought this was an attack on the players, then there's no hope for you.

Last edited:
I'm not willing to settle for mediocrity I want better. But I will not drag the university I love through the mud to get there. This looks bad on anyone who roots for UT.:peace2:

It's not dragging through the mud, not at all. Dragging through the mud would be becoming apathetic enough to stop caring what our record is or how well we play. Actually, that's not dragging through the mud, that's just leaving it face down in the mud.

I think it's time for a change as well I just think were better off letting the guys that get paid to make those decisions do there job. Starting a petition just makes us look real bad as a fanbase. I know this doesnt speak for all the fans but this is how opposing coaches and fanbases see us.

I agree with the first part. But, I guarantee you that our image in the eyes of the fans and coaches of other schools was decided a long time ago. Just as we have each coach and fan base categorized.

hahaha,,a pledge. Don't the tea party and that sort sign pledges, and nothing ever comes of it. Weird stuff. Sign a pledge, no thanks, this isn't junior high.

thank you. thank you. thank you. I continue to be amazed at the job Dooley has done to lower these drones expectations.

Expectations. From a fan. Should be to make sure the TV works. And the beer is cold.
If you want to throw a block or make a tackle, feel free. But to simply complain without purpose or intent is useless. To wax on about what a football fan "expects" is too. We actually won the game and the complaining got worse. Bunch of misplaced entititlement going on around here.

Reactions: 2 people
Expectations. From a fan. Should be to make sure the TV works. And the beer is cold.
If you want to throw a block or make a tackle, feel free. But to simply complain without purpose or intent is useless. To wax on about what a football fan "expects" is too. We actually won the game and the complaining got worse. Bunch of misplaced entititlement going on around here.

Fans don't have a right to complain nor do they have the right to have expectations, are you serious?

I'm an alumni and donate to the UTAD, do I have a right to state my opinion now? Or should I sit quietly and laugh it off that Dooley sent in 12 men, again.

I give a large sum of money to the university every year. So, yes, I am entitled to a level of expectation. As are all of you as fans of a program with such a rich history. Fans are paying customers and this is, at the end of the day, a business. People had a right to be upset that we had to put a late game drive together to beat the mighty Troy Trojans. I'm sorry but Tennessee football is not just about the tailgate for me.

People who sign this care more about the team than you do. Fact.

They want the players to be coached like they should be coached when they go to a big SEC school. Both in football and as men. They want the team to win because winning is fun to them.

However, YOU want the team to keep Derek Dooley. To get yelled at instead of coached. To not develop their skills. To lose games with those hour long flights back in complete silence & disappointment. That's what they've gotten these past 3, 4 years.

And they can't say ANYTHING about it, because then they run until they puke. I think the team is glad to see someone stick up for them. To say things they can't say.

If you read the petition and thought this was an attack on the players, then there's no hope for you.

Oh, so I guess they were threatened to run until they puke unless they say they're standing behind the coaches on their public Twitter account. Myyy bad. And yes, I think Dooley should get one more year to prove himself and I'd be more than willing to admit that I am wrong if he doesn't get it done next year. That's irrelevant though, because guess what?! It's not in my hands! It's up to an AD who knows a heck of a lot more than I (or anyone else here) does about what is the right decision and I trust he'll make the right call. And I never said the petition itself was an attack on the players. I just don't get how fans can justify not showing up to a game because they don't like the head coach. Matt Giampapa tweeted this: "If you're absent during our struggle, don't plan on being present during our success. #KeepTheCoaches"

I can't sit here and say that's the opinion of the whole team, but I think that that speaks for itself.

Everyone who signed that petition, just gave away their name/address and email to 'who knows who'. Sell the list to sales co's selling ??? or even something more nefarious. Who knows in this world we live in...well done

Fans don't have a right to complain nor do they have the right to have expectations, are you serious?

I'm an alumni and donate to the UTAD, do I have a right to state my opinion now? Or should I sit quietly and laugh it off that Dooley sent in 12 men, again.

Exercise your rights.

And I never said the petition itself was an attack on the players. I just don't get how fans can justify not showing up to a game because they don't like the head coach.

Then welcome to sports.

Matt Giampapa tweeted this: "If you're absent during our struggle, don't plan on being present during our success. #KeepTheCoaches"

I can't sit here and say that's the opinion of the whole team, but I think that that speaks for itself.

It really doesn't. It's a cute little saying, but it doesn't mean much. I support the players by wanting the best for them. I want the best facilities, I want the best support group (academics), I want the best football experience, I want the best coaches. Because it just so happens that's what's often best for the players is best for the fans (me).

It's selfish to want to keep Dooley and it's not what's best for the players.

I love when people pull the "I'm a donor" card. I am both a donor, and a season ticket holder as well. At this point I will do anything to get Dooley out of here. I figured it would give people a laugh if nothing else. I bet you cheered when we barely pulled that one out against Troy didn't you? Continue on your way, super fan.

Aren't you also pulling the 'I'm a donor' card. In fact, I pretty sure you did it in the very next sentence. I'm beginning to think you can be a donor AND have a different opinion.

I would also like to post a petition to ban all UT fans (myself included) from any future use of message boards. I think it will save us a great deal of embarrassment in the long run.

Tell the audience what he's won.................WRONG.

We donate, we pay for the tickets, merchandise.

Oh, so I guess they were threatened to run until they puke unless they say they're standing behind the coaches on their public Twitter account. Myyy bad. And yes, I think Dooley should get one more year to prove himself and I'd be more than willing to admit that I am wrong if he doesn't get it done next year. That's irrelevant though, because guess what?! It's not in my hands! It's up to an AD who knows a heck of a lot more than I (or anyone else here) does about what is the right decision and I trust he'll make the right call. And I never said the petition itself was an attack on the players. I just don't get how fans can justify not showing up to a game because they don't like the head coach. Matt Giampapa tweeted this: "If you're absent during our struggle, don't plan on being present during our success. #KeepTheCoaches"

Fans not showing up is the only way to send a message to the administration. Money talks as they say. It doesn't mean that they don't support the players. Very narrow minded on your part to say if your absent blah blah blah. People spent their hard earned money where they want and where they get value for the dollar. Watching Doofus struggle against Akron, Troy, Vandy, and losing to KY is pretty clear he doesn't derserve another year

retards.jpg

Petition signers.....lmao:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back