New petition formed to make a change

Ridiculous. Do ANY of you stop and think of the team?? Dang. This whole "I'm not going to another game until Dooley is farred" and starting a freaking petition to fire their head coach hurts them too. They need fans to show up to their games. So many fans are so wrapped up in becoming relevant NOW they don't stop to think that these kids are putting their heart and soul and full effort for the coaches regardless of the "hot seat" discussion and SEC record. And they're doing it for the fun of the game. They're enjoying themselves. And here we are cry-babying over who is currently the coach and not enjoying a single game.

Some members of the team have been putting out tweets about how they support their coaches. Yeah, guess Dooley's lost the team this year. :banghead2:

Reactions: 6 people
Are you kidding me! of all the issues in the world going on right now, this is where people draw the line? Is Football so important to place it above and infront of all the current issue within Tennessee alone? I don't believe this is where a patriot state like Tennessee would dare to lower themselves to saying "MY FOOTBALL TEAM SUCKS!, so stop what your doing and focus on this issue now!"

pitiful

If they get rid of Dooley right now while there is still games to be played then it will seriously hurt this year's recruiting class. I don't understand why people want and expect them to fire him right this minute. I want a new coach too, but I also would like Dooley to finish out the year. With the situation he walked into he at least deserves that. After the season get rid of him but make sure you have more then Gruden on the wish list.

Reactions: 1 person
S**t like this will set the football program back alot more then keeping CDD. We have had enough bad publicity we need to stop calling for coaches heads as a fanbase and just be fans and support our team and let Hart do his job.

How much further back can we go, we are sitting at the bottom of the SEC. And a think most of us are supporting the players, just not the coach

I love when people pull the "I'm a donor" card. I am both a donor, and a season ticket holder as well. At this point I will do anything to get Dooley out of here. I figured it would give people a laugh if nothing else. I bet you cheered when we barely pulled that one out against Troy didn't you? Continue on your way, super fan.

Bro....I feel you man. I truly believe some of these people on here must love being miserable. They love it so much they don't care to pay a bunch of money to recieve it in a big dose on Saturdays.

miserylovesco.jpg

I live in South Jersey and do to shortage of money I have never been to a Tennessee game. I want to go more then anything in this world, so if you people want to give away your season tickets and not buy tickets then give them to me. This petition is bull****. All you guys that get to go to the games should consider yourself lucky you get to see the Vols in person, because I would love to see them and hopefully when I get out of debt I will one day.

Reactions: 2 people
Ridiculous. Do ANY of you stop and think of the team?? Dang. This whole "I'm not going to another game until Dooley is farred" and starting a freaking petition to fire their head coach hurts them too. They need fans to show up to their games. So many fans are so wrapped up in becoming relevant NOW they don't stop to think that these kids are putting their heart and soul and full effort for the coaches regardless of the "hot seat" discussion and SEC record. And they're doing it for the fun of the game. They're enjoying themselves. And here we are cry-babying over who is currently the coach and not enjoying a single game.

Some members of the team have been putting out tweets about how they support their coaches. Yeah, guess Dooley's lost the team this year. :banghead2:

Wow. I really don't know what to say to this. If you cant tell Dooley has lost the team I don't know what to tell you. Bray was taunting him and tuning him out all game last week. Also I can assure you, the majority of players and former players want him gone as well.

I don't think Bray was taunting CDD, he always acts stupid when he throws a TD, remembr the cut thoat he did in the NC game, my gosh, you people read way too much into the lives of people you have no earthly idea who they really are, going to the stadium and watching UT Sports only gives you insight to the W and L.......period.....get a life Dude.

Wow. I really don't know what to say to this. If you cant tell Dooley has lost the team I don't know what to tell you. Bray was taunting him and tuning him out all game last week. Also I can assure you, the majority of players and former players want him gone as well.

I think it's time for a change as well I just think were better off letting the guys that get paid to make those decisions do there job. Starting a petition just makes us look real bad as a fanbase. I know this doesnt speak for all the fans but this is how opposing coaches and fanbases see us.

Reactions: 1 person
S**t like this will set the football program back alot more then keeping CDD. We have had enough bad publicity we need to stop calling for coaches heads as a fanbase and just be fans and support our team and let Hart do his job.

Problem is, Hart is not doing his job. He has not voiced support for our team or its coaches. He has not responded in any way but silence to fan concerns for the football program. For the sake of Dooley and his family, Vol players, potential recruits and commits, and our fan base... Hart needs to either voice his support for Dooley or ask for his resignation. As long as Hart remains under Control's "Cone of Silence" he alienates more and more of our fan base, and discredits himself as a viable AD.

I love when people pull the "I'm a donor" card. I am both a donor, and a season ticket holder as well. At this point I will do anything to get Dooley out of here. I figured it would give people a laugh if nothing else. I bet you cheered when we barely pulled that one out against Troy didn't you? Continue on your way, super fan.

I agree with you. However, I feel like donating money to the football program, until something is done to correct the coaching situation, is like setting fire to my hard-earned cash. Seriously, Hart needs to get off his behind and do something besides laugh at UT for paying his absurd salary..

This and This.
I don't know how much it will set the program back but it can't help. A petition don't mean jack squat. Just makes fans look dumb. If you want a change the donate a $h:t ton of money then your opinion might matter. A petition is a waste of time.

Well thought out and Reasonably worded letters to the administration work much better than petitions. With a program as big as UT football it just takes a lot of letters to do any good. And then, if they do not listen, empty seats, loss of parking fees, loss of concessions revenue, loss of misc merchandise sales revenue, etc will certainly get their attention. Don't you know that the administration winced a few times Saturday when they realized that they had lost about 2 million due to empty seats.

Problem is, Hart is not doing his job. He has not voiced support for our team or its coaches. He has not responded in any way but silence to fan concerns for the football program. For the sake of Dooley and his family, Vol players, potential recruits and commits, and our fan base... Hart needs to either voice his support for Dooley or ask for his resignation. As long as Hart remains under Control's "Cone of Silence" he alienates more and more of our fan base, and discredits himself as a viable AD.

There supposedly is a struggle going on behind closed doors in the AD. Why would he address the situation, one way or the other, when he honestly doesn't know what is going to happen? I do not believe that it is a foregone conclusion that Derek Dooley is out at the end of the year. It sucks, but it's probably not going to happen.

This. That petition reads like it was written by one of the guys that has to leave their Scott County meth lab in order to find cell service to call into Tony Basilio.

As a Scott County native who attends a private university, go **** yourself.

But as I can't really disagree with it either, I have to say we get pretty good cell service even in the meth labs.

I agree with you. However, I feel like donating money to the football program, until something is done to correct the coaching situation, is like setting fire to my hard-earned cash. Seriously, Hart needs to get off his behind and do something besides laugh at UT for paying his absurd salary..

This is exactly what Im saying. I don't understand how some people don't get that some of us, who are competitive, want a good product for what we pay. I'm not saying this petition will change anything, but at this point some of us are willing to do anything.

take a moment and enlighten mr. offense is not bad special teams is not bad.
we have depth at all positions and are improving our talent. our defense is atrocious but that is all I see.

Sure,

Tyler bray has beaten no one! Cheney is a clusterphuq! Our kicking game is atrocious! Game management is of non existence! Derrick Dooley!

..... Defense the only problem choncho?

I dont post a lot, and I didn't write this petition just passing it along for those who haven't seen it. Who knows if it will make a difference but it's worth a shot. Try to spread the word.

http://www.change.org/petitions/no-dollars-for-dooley-fire-derek-dooley

to anybody who signs this....this IS an attack on the university because you don't trust the people in charge to make whatever their decision is.
this IS an atttack on this football team because right now they have trust in THEIR coaching staff to improve...although I can't see how the offense can improve much....

as far as fans go...maybe we need a coaching change...it is NOT the fan who decides this....if you do NOT want to support this university..take your money and so called support and find another team...

VN Store

Back