New OC???

Hirings are coming across the wire like wildfire. I hope were looking for top flight coaches that can compete with they heavyweights and not settle or go on the cheap. Hope we hear something soon, names like Caneles doesn't get me excited especially for a OC GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Hirings are coming across the wire like wildfire. I hope were looking for top flight coaches that can compete with they heavyweights and not settle or go on the cheap. Hope we hear something soon, names like Caneles doesn't get me excited especially for a OC GBO!

Debord had the "most productive offense in UT History" because 1/3 of our stats came against Tenn Tech, Mizzou, and UK.... Let us not get carried away with Debord being this offensive genius.... Dude sucked vs quality teams.

And here's another bit of overlooked info, UT has always played cupcake filler teams between the big games.
The offense set records playing the same kind of schedule that we have always played, with every oc that we have employed.

I know it's taboo to give actual credit to anything UT related, these days but Debord played tough opponents and cupcakes, same as every other UT OC. He also scored more points against the weaker opponents just like every other OC. UT, Bama, Clemson, just how it works. It's apples to apples, Get over it.

Reactions: 4 people
And here's another bit of overlooked info, UT has always played cupcake filler teams between the big games.
The offense set records playing the same kind of schedule that we have always played, with every oc that we have employed.

I know it's taboo to give actual credit to anything UT related, these days but Debord played tough opponents and cupcakes, same as every other UT OC. He also scored more points against the weaker opponents just like every other OC. UT, Bama, Clemson, just how it works. It's apples to apples, Get over it.

We haven't always played a weak OOC, actually historically speaking we used to be known for playing a tough out of conference schedule. Now all teams play at least 1 weak team a year in most seasons, but that is not just a UT thing everyone does.The last few years everyone has been toning down the OOC, I can bring the schedules up if I have to but we have never had a reputation of playing weak schedules. NEVER! GBO!!!!

We haven't always played a weak OOC, actually historically speaking we used to be known for playing a tough out of conference schedule. Now all teams play at least 1 weak team a year in most seasons, but that is not just a UT thing everyone does.The last few years everyone has been toning down the OOC, I can bring the schedules up if I have to but we have never had a reputation of playing weak schedules. NEVER! GBO!!!!

Not if you have to opie

Lol, we play 1 decent ooc each year, like VT, this year.
Unless you're speaking of our 12-10 record versus Sewanee?
Or maybe our 38-2-2 against UTC?
Or 11-6-2 against Clemson..when they sucked badly!
Nah, it must be that 7-0 record we racked up against King College.
I can name many good ooc opponents also.. about exactly 1 per season.

Lol, we play 1 decent ooc each year, like VT, this year.
Unless you're speaking of our 12-10 record versus Sewanee?
Or maybe our 38-2-2 against UTC?
Or 11-6-2 against Clemson..when they sucked badly!
Nah, it must be that 7-0 record we racked up against King College.
I can name many good ooc opponents also.. about exactly 1 per season.

Actually I'm pretty sure none of our games against Sewanee were out of conference. Pretty sure they, along with GT and Tulane used to be in the SEC.

I think if most people set back and really look at the past season a few things will stand out. The first few game's of the season the offense was very inconsistant to say the least. Predictable would be an understatement and very vanilla. The same can be said for the defense as well not really a lot to get thrilled about. Most of that has to do with talent development. You can't call what they can't do.

Dobbs as great of a leader and runner as he was could not be counted on to throw the ball down field on a regular and accurate basis.

Recievers can't catch it if the ball is 10 ft over their heads.

Herd was not the type of back to run in the system they have used. Power back with lead blocker yes, turn the corner and make people miss no.

Offensive line wounded or not is not quick and athletic enough to run a zone blocking scheme and not coached up well enough to do that even if they were.

Defensive line was the walking wounded and with that being said might need to get tougher and stronger.

Linebackers two starters good both get hurt......what was left slow for scheme.

D backs moments of good and then moments of terrible.

With all that being said if we could have stopped somebody and I mean anybody we would only have lost ONE game. With an OC that was working with a swim team or whatever in Mich. That is stunning.

Offensive scheme works, it scores points but you will not win if you score 50 and the other team scores 51.

I am not a Butch fan, I hate his cliches as much as the next guy. I think he is a control freak with his system and may be to head strong to change. But look around people ALL 4 OF THE COACHES IN THE PLAYOFFS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

I hope that whom ever is hired does a great job and we win every game by 50 but every coach has a system, a system that they are comfortable with and one that who ever they hire has got to buy into that system as well. Time will tell and maybe it will be THIS TIME.

Go Vols

Butch and Dabo are polar opposites imo.

Ok, you have me changing my mind...social media and message boards don't affect anything at the university in any way. :crazy::crazy::crazy: What was I thinking? Post away bashing players, coaches, administration and so on. It has zero to do with anything.

Oh, good. Glad we agree now 😁

Debord had the "most productive offense in UT History" because 1/3 of our stats came against Tenn Tech, Mizzou, and UK.... Let us not get carried away with Debord being this offensive genius.... Dude sucked vs quality teams.

Well he averaged just short of 40ppg against Va Tech, Florida, And Georgia. Yeah he was aided by some VT turnovers and a last second TD in Athens. But in reality the only thing that apparently sucks is your math skills.

You are joking. The offense put up great numbers against VA Tech, Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Kentucky. All of these were quality teams.

We need to keep Thig... Martinez not so worried about.... Seems odd to hire Larry Scott.... It makes since from a longevity standpoint but all we can do is wait and see... Don't know much about him... Anything about a QB coach?

I read on TOS that Thig had pissed off some HS coaches in TN Anybody else see that?

Our stats vs Florida, Georgia and A&M were solid.

Only to over sensitive fans does it matter

Most people have bigger nads

Look how helpful booing Fulmer was to the health of the program in 2008. Sabotaging Fulmer's recruiting class and accelerating his demise was good for the long-term health of the program, right? Andy Staples: Vocal fans not helping Tennessee'''s recruiting efforts | SI.com

Negavols want to do the same thing to Butch today, but after all Butch has done to SAVE THIS PROGRAM it's even more stupid.

Reactions: 4 people
So Butch's dealings with Russia have messed up our coaching hires? This goes deeper than even you ever imagined. :ermm:

Russian hacking of Tennessee Athletics and the ensuing leaks of finances, contract details, and internal communications put UT behind the 8 ball.

Yeah he really sucked against UF, TAMU and UGA huh?

It's been interesting to see how quiet the OC search has been at Tennessee. The only real names we have heard publicly announced seemed to be candidates for a QB coach.

Also, since the AFCA is over there has been a lot of coaching changes and moves made across the country. Now I'm just blowing hot air, but usually somebody gets a whiff, there's smoke, or something if there is going to be a big change. Nothing like that has happened for Tennessee. Which only seems to further assume it'll be Scott.

I also do not like all the stories of dissension in our coaching staff. I know it's a forum, so I take every thing with a grain of salt, but it would make sense. I do not like the idea of having disgruntled coaches out on the recruiting path and what are they truly telling recruits if they know they are going to be replaced (Mahoney, Martinez). Are we just lying to recruits now and going to change everything after NSD? I do not think they are fooling many recruits or anything. In my opinion, changes made sooner would be better than later.

VN Store

Back