New forum: Coaching Rumors and Speculation

Obviously every time I say we need a new football coach that is a positive comment about Tennessee.

Obviously every time you say we need to keep a career losing coach in Dooley, you show who the troll is.

:thumbsup:

Obviously you never read any of my posts or you'd never make such an assinine statement about me.

You must be young and have never run a business because you never look at all aspects and options of our coaching situation and you base most things you say on emotions controling you rather than solid analysis and logical reasoning.

If AD Hart decides we need all new coaches then that's his job and I'll support whoever becomes our new coaches.

I'm not totally convinced that all our coaches are failures and most logical evidence says they're actually good coaches.

You ignore facts and are blinded by your hate for CDD and refuse to see obvious improvements that are actually easy to see if you look for them.

I think your youth may be part of the reason you seem to be so clueless about what it takes and how long it takes to totally rebuild a college football program.

Like most people here you only look at wins and losses but there's lots more to it than that my friend.

VFL...GBO!!!

Obviously you never read any of my posts or you'd never make such an assinine statement about me.

You must be young and have never run a business because you never look at all aspects and options of our coaching situation and you base most things you say on emotions controling you rather than solid analysis and logical reasoning.

If AD Hart decides we need all new coaches then that's his job and I'll support whoever becomes our new coaches.

I'm not totally convinced that all our coaches are failures and most logical evidence says they're actually good coaches.

You ignore facts and are blinded by your hate for CDD and refuse to see obvious improvements that are actually easy to see if you look for them.

I think your youth may be part of the reason you seem to be so clueless about what it takes and how long it takes to totally rebuild a college football program.

Like most people here you only look at wins and losses but there's lots more to it than that my friend.

VFL...GBO!!!

I have read your "I would shave Dooleys back if he asked me" comments plenty. I just have to laugh.

I would not be considered "young" unless your in your 50's. I have and DO run several businesses. These are doing very well for me. I always look at all aspects of UT's situations. The difference between you and I is that I look at things as they are. You search for reasons to excuse our head coaches failures. I don't need excuses. I am someone who expects to see results when a guy is being paid 2+ million dollars a year. I expect Sal to earn his top 10% DC money he makes. It does not take alot of "logical reasoning" to see this team is a MESS 3 years into this project.

I will support the next head coach until he flops. DD has done NOTHING but flop. Once again, I don't need excuses. I see things as they are.

We do have a couple good coaches. CJG has earned his money and would deserve to be retained. CSP has turned the OLine into a top group and would be ideal to keep. I doubt the new coach keeps coaches from this staff. Derek Dooley, Sal Sunseri are NOT good coaches at their current positions. A DC should be able to teach his players how to tackle. Where to line up is an issue in preseason camp, not in game week 8.

I do not ignore facts. Dooleys record speaks quite well to where he is as a HC. Has this team made improvement in a couple areas? Sure they have. Is it enough to save Dooleys job? No way no how. I don't hate DD. I hate that our AD destroyed Tennessee by hiring him. Sam Pittman improving the OLine is SP doing work. DD could not figure it out for 2+ years..

My "youth" is your issue. Just because a person is not 64 years old does not mean I can not see a loser and call it like it is. I would even argue your "lack of youth" may play into your mindset of fall in line and just accept things as they are. Losing is just what happens when you "rebuild". Other teams rebuild ALOT quicker. How is Penn State doing this year? Alot of quality ball being played up there with a very short roster. Alot of the starters bailed on that team. They just keep balling. We did not have sanctions. We were not on probation. We had a roster of 70+ players and 3 years later and 3 recruiting classes later this team is still a trainwreck.

Wins and Loses are what matters when WINNING is how you earn your pay. The day Dave Hart says winning at Tennessee is no longer a priority, I will accept keeping a loser. Your guy is on the way out. It's just the way it should be. Winning still matters and it should be that way.

Reactions: 1 person
I have NEVER heard even 1 time that any team wants Gruden.

He seems to be as hot as Fulmer is for a coaching position.

People ignore the fact that he took the team that Tony Dungy built and won a ring but after that the Gruden team went down, down, down until Gruden was FIRED for being a Failure.

Spin it anyway you like Grudenites but those are the facts.

As to any meetings with AD Hart...CDD has said many times that he and Hart meet at least 2 times per week during the season and CDD thinks it's always important to meet with the AD during the season so the AD always knows everything in detail that's going on and why.

VFL...GBO!!!

I have read your "I would shave Dooleys back if he asked me" comments plenty. I just have to laugh.

I would not be considered "young" unless your in your 50's. I have and DO run several businesses. These are doing very well for me. I always look at all aspects of UT's situations. The difference between you and I is that I look at things as they are. You search for reasons to excuse our head coaches failures. I don't need excuses. I am someone who expects to see results when a guy is being paid 2+ million dollars a year. I expect Sal to earn his top 10% DC money he makes. It does not take alot of "logical reasoning" to see this team is a MESS 3 years into this project.

I will support the next head coach until he flops. DD has done NOTHING but flop. Once again, I don't need excuses. I see things as they are.

We do have a couple good coaches. CJG has earned his money and would deserve to be retained. CSP has turned the OLine into a top group and would be ideal to keep. I doubt the new coach keeps coaches from this staff. Derek Dooley, Sal Sunseri are NOT good coaches at their current positions. A DC should be able to teach his players how to tackle. Where to line up is an issue in preseason camp, not in game week 8.

I do not ignore facts. Dooleys record speaks quite well to where he is as a HC. Has this team made improvement in a couple areas? Sure they have. Is it enough to save Dooleys job? No way no how. I don't hate DD. I hate that our AD destroyed Tennessee by hiring him. Sam Pittman improving the OLine is SP doing work. DD could not figure it out for 2+ years..

My "youth" is your issue. Just because a person is not 64 years old does not mean I can not see a loser and call it like it is. I would even argue your "lack of youth" may play into your mindset of fall in line and just accept things as they are. Losing is just what happens when you "rebuild". Other teams rebuild ALOT quicker. How is Penn State doing this year? Alot of quality ball being played up there with a very short roster. Alot of the starters bailed on that team. They just keep balling. We did not have sanctions. We were not on probation. We had a roster of 70+ players and 3 years later and 3 recruiting classes later this team is still a trainwreck.

Wins and Loses are what matters when WINNING is how you earn your pay. The day Dave Hart says winning at Tennessee is no longer a priority, I will accept keeping a loser. Your guy is on the way out. It's just the way it should be. Winning still matters and it should be that way.

I must agree. It's hard to be a fan and to keep supporting a proven looser
I must point out that in your first paragraph you said the difference between you and I. It should be the difference between you and me because between is a preposition and me would be the object of the preposition. Just saying. Nominative case

Last edited:
Any chance of getting Jon Gruden to UT would have to be met with big bucks by UT. (More than they would be willing to pay, I'm sure). How about someone starting up a "Get Gruden to UT fund" at one of the local banks to raise $$ from VOL fans to see if we can sweeten the pot. (Tie the fund to some local charity in case it falls through and he doesn't accept the offer). I'm not sure if this violates NCAA rules but doesn't seem to. Any thoughts?

[/QUOT

Yes one thought comes to mind. Alabama had to open up the checkbook to get Saban. If UT wants to win, we are goingbto have to open up the cb too and get a big name in her

8 years $51million is offer on table to Gruden. From inside source but I can't say how credible.

Over 6 million a year if true is questionable to pay IMO. I think Gruden will be a hell of a recruiter. I am not as sure he would dominate as a HC. Of course ANY coach would be an improvement over Dooley. 6 million plus would hire just about any coach in the country. IF they do it, Gruden had better be ready to win 10 games minimum by year 2.

Over 6 million a year if true is questionable to pay IMO. I think Gruden will be a hell of a recruiter. I am not as sure he would dominate as a HC. Of course ANY coach would be an improvement over Dooley. 6 million plus would hire just about any coach in the country. IF they do it, Gruden had better be ready to win 10 games minimum by year 2.

no unproven college coach will get an 8 year contract......get over it dooley will be your coach...
s/n...donors hung up on gruden when he jokingly wanted 5 mil and were desperate 3 years ago....

Last edited:
no unproven college coach will get an 8 year contract......get over it dooley will be your coach...
s/n...donors hung up on gruden when he jokingly wanted 5 mil and were desperate 3 years ago....

If you have won more games than you lost in the NFL, you are a proven coach. Winning in the NFL is alot tougher than winning in college. Dooley WILL NOT be the coach at Tennessee in 2013. Your dream is over.

Reactions: 1 person
If you have won more games than you lost in the NFL, you are a proven coach. Winning in the NFL is alot tougher than winning in college. Dooley WILL NOT be the coach at Tennessee in 2013. Your dream is over.

we will see my friend....and gruden, your savior, has never recruited in college....7 days a week 24 hours a day....does he really want to jump off that plush seat making 4.5 mil....think about it....and if it is not gruden...who is that big hire.....
sn...1998-2002..50-30...2003-2008....45-54...overall...95-84.....not a record i'd crow about......even though he is 11 games over .500..kinda middle of the road ..wouldn't you say...

Last edited:
8 years $51million is offer on table to Gruden. From inside source but I can't say how credible.

LMAO @ a moronic offer like that.

Nobody would give any coach a 8 year contract plus a big $$$ raise over what they're currently earning.

I'd think our big $$$ businessmen boosters and AD Hart would all be smarter than that.

IF that's really the offer then Gruden is a moron if he didn't fly straight to K town and sign the contract.

Lots of good humor on this thread anyway, LOL!

VFL...GBO!!!

we will see my friend....and gruden, your savior, has never recruited in college....7 days a week 24 hours a day....does he really want to jump off that plush seat making 4.5 mil....think about it....and if it is not gruden...who is that big hire.....
sn...1998-2002..50-30...2003-2008....45-54...overall...95-84.....not a record i'd crow about......even though he is 11 games over .500..kinda middle of the road ..wouldn't you say...

Middle of the road(SB winning) NFL coach that would ignite the recruiting at UT would be a winner.

I have said countless times I do not need Gruden hired to feel good again about UT football. I will take ANY coach who has proven he is capable of winning some meaningful games. If it is Gruden, great. If it is Tubberville..fine. If it is ANYONE other than Dooley, I have hope going into next year.

This can't be serious. Your list contains a coach that has already failed at Arizona, a wide receivers coach, an offensive coordinator that for some reason did not realize LSU was going to force him to keep manziel in the pocket, and a slightly above average coach that would be a PR nightmare.

We hired a line coach as our replacement to J. Majors and Im pretty sure people still cherish him. You've been lawyered

I would love to have those big names, but I'm pretty sure in the last two coaching searches many of these names came up....whats going to make them want to come now? Same problems for us, and same success (+ or -) for them = why come here?

i agree. ive heard alot of people talking about gruden coming and that is the only coach they want. well i think he would be awesome but the thing is for that money and all the hype he has to win. no exceptions.

Football Rumor Mill‏ @fbrumormill: Jon Gruden is looking more unlikely at Tennessee. He now appears more likely to land in the NFL. Bobby Petrino could emerge as a candidate.

I'd be willing to be it's not credible. Just a hunch.

nobody has offered Gruden 8 years and 51 mil...first off he wouldn't be here 8 years...if he doesn't win in 2 years..fans would want to run him off....if he does win in 3 years ..he'd jump back to NFL or the next highest bidder....with a recruiting base..aka texas, fla, usc....

Football Rumor Mill‏ @fbrumormill: Jon Gruden is looking more unlikely at Tennessee. He now appears more likely to land in the NFL. Bobby Petrino could emerge as a candidate.

another bunch of BS...Petrino would definately not get offered by Tn.....i could see him walking into a recruits house ...lucky if he didn't get shot....

Middle of the road(SB winning) NFL coach that would ignite the recruiting at UT would be a winner.

I have said countless times I do not need Gruden hired to feel good again about UT football. I will take ANY coach who has proven he is capable of winning some meaningful games. If it is Gruden, great. If it is Tubberville..fine. If it is ANYONE other than Dooley, I have hope going into next year.

Don't worry about the troll. You are correct that Dools will not be here next year.

VN Store

Back