New forum: Coaching Rumors and Speculation

Just want a realistic coaching update on coaching change. I am really hoping we get a new coach. Too much talent on this team to be playing like this.

Reactions: 1 person
So, a guy posted a pic on Twitter of Jon Gruden. He said that the flight was going to Phoenix (MNF is in Phoenix this coming week) and that Gruden was watching the Tennessee game and taking lots and lots of notes.

Does Jon know something we don't know yet?

Here is the link to the story:

Hey, Tennessee Fans, Cheer Up: Jon Gruden Watched That Loss On A Flight To Phoenix

it amazes me ....you people keep believing all this crap..yet you give up on the team you say you support....

it amazes me ....you people keep believing all this crap..yet you give up on the team you say you support....

What are you talking about? At what point did I say (1) that I believe the story or (2) that I've given up on the Vols? I was simply posting a new "rumor." The title of the thread is "Coaching RUMORS and Speculation." Calm the hell down son.

Until he did third and one and third and three to hit the big 30 or 40 yard pass . That retarded.I would give him a pass if he got rid of Bud Abbott OC , Cheney, and Charlie Coiner. Dooley is smart as a coach but is retarded as a judge of assistant coaches

agree. I hope we can do better with the next hire. So who do you have at 1 - 4?

My top 4 would be:

Peterson
Patterson
Gruden
Petrino

These would be my 1st 4 calls. I doubt we would land any of them except maybe Petrino. Most think UT would not hire him. In the end, I get the feeling we end up with Kirby Smart.

My top 4 would be:

Peterson
Patterson
Gruden
Petrino

These would be my 1st 4 calls. I doubt we would land any of them except maybe Petrino. Most think UT would not hire him. In the end, I get the feeling we end up with Kirby Smart.

Thanks for sharing. I hope we don't end up with Kirby. I think we have paid enough Alabama re-treads. I'd be happen with any of the top 3 and sadly Petrino over Smart

Gruden will be wearing orange next year. Orange & Black for the Bengals.

Peterson won't leave Boise State. imo
Gary Patterson would be an upgrade, but he wouldn't win a SEC championship.
If UT hired Petrino I would turn in my colors until he left.

Tennessee is gonna have to have someone who can recruit very talented players from all over the United States that don't rob Pilot gas stations. I don't believe there is a coach in the country that could win 7 or 8 games next year. So why bring in someone else to burn at the stake?

AD Hart has 1 person in mind and if he can't get that 1 person then CDD will be here next season.

That also depends on IF the big boosters will donate the $20 million we have to get to make the changes.

When AD Hart says something to the press is when I'll believe something is happening and NOT from rumor starters on here.

VFL...GBO!!!

LOL@20 million:eek:lol:

Yeah, we better have 30 MILLION ready to go in all cash in Harts sock drawer to make a move. As anyone knows, you can't do anything unless you have all the money before making the call. :crazy:

The fact that it's paid monthly over 2-4 years seems to slip alot of folks minds. I guess it helps them when trying to fabricate a reason to keep a losing football coach.

"Let's just keep Dooley". How can you be a actual Vol fan and allow yourself to say that? Seriously!!

LOL@20 million:eek:lol:

Yeah, we better have 30 MILLION ready to go in all cash in Harts sock drawer to make a move. As anyone knows, you can't do anything unless you have all the money before making the call. :crazy:

The fact that it's paid monthly over 2-4 years seems to slip alot of folks minds. I guess it helps them when trying to fabricate a reason to keep a losing football coach.

"Let's just keep Dooley". How can you be a actual Vol fan and allow yourself to say that? Seriously!!

I honestly do NOT think you're a Tennessee fan.

I think you're nothing but a TROLL that comes here to stir up crap and try to stir alot of other people up too.

I've NEVER seen you post even 1 thing good or positve
about our Vols football program, NEVER!!!

Go troll somewhere else kid.

VFL...GBO!!!

My Friend has a Friend who lives In the Mens Bathroom at the local Waffle House in KTown and saw Gruden eating a All Star Breakfast.

:clapping:

I honestly do NOT think you're a Tennessee fan.

I think you're nothing but a TROLL that comes here to stir up crap and try to stir alot of other people up too.

I've NEVER seen you post even 1 thing good or positve
about our Vols football program, NEVER!!!

Go troll somewhere else kid.

VFL...GBO!!!

Obviously every time I say we need a new football coach that is a positive comment about Tennessee.

Obviously every time you say we need to keep a career losing coach in Dooley, you show who the troll is.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people
Any chance of getting Jon Gruden to UT would have to be met with big bucks by UT. (More than they would be willing to pay, I'm sure). How about someone starting up a "Get Gruden to UT fund" at one of the local banks to raise $$ from VOL fans to see if we can sweeten the pot. (Tie the fund to some local charity in case it falls through and he doesn't accept the offer). I'm not sure if this violates NCAA rules but doesn't seem to. Any thoughts?

if they can get gruden, fatcat UT boosters will pay whatever it takes, even $5-$6 mil / year.

Gruden already makes $4M a year and basically has very little pressure. The only reason I can think he would take our HC job ( and I hope we can get him) is because he is ultra competitive and would like to build a legacy as the coach that re-built the TN program back into a powerhouse. Right now I can only dream.

Ok so names that arent mentioned but I think could be good hires...

Kliff Kingsbury - Young, Kiffin Like in Style. We all drank the punch with Kiffin, but we knew he didnt have any loyalty and was filled with controversy. Kingsbury has been running an amazing offense both at Houston and Texas A&M, with the receiver talent we have and QB potential imagine how much more powerful a team we could have. This hire is unlikely, but I expect him to be a future big time coach.

Mark Stoops- Last name is enough. But add what he has experience at a BIG time school as compared to a Louisiana farm school (cut to Dooley) and we have a coach that has experience playing tough teams and dealing with Florida's regularly.

Tee Martin - Not as an immediate HC but bring in say oooooh, Cutcliffe then make him coach in waiting for a couple years then put tee in control. (Like what dallas cowboys did with jason garrett only crossfingers this works out better).

Jim Leavitt - His strictness will help our program as we need someone to handle these personalities and get them in line. The offensive skill players act like the are NFL divas and need someone to put them in check. Leavitt also has shown he can build programs, even from ground up.

This is what needs to happen to your post.....

KillitwithFire2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back