New forum: Coaching Rumors and Speculation

Is this really the best hire for the program, or was this the last one on the shelf? Dooley and staff blew Cincy out. HOPEFULLY CBJ will send Sunseri packing.
The Cincinnati game last year was the ONLY game that Dooley had both all of his horses healthy PLUS a defensive staff and scheme that the players believed in. The team was not deep enough last year to overcome the loss of key players, and the defense never got off the ground this year.

Just watched the press conference with Butch. Was originally depressed as h%%l but liked what he had to say. Not an expert. Just a vol fan for 45 years. I don't think he is a lame kiffin, with the lure of USCw he certainly isn't dominating in the PAC 10/12. How many remember when we were a preseason #3 and didn't finish in the top 25. That was based on the talent we had. Just like Boise, not the top recruiting class. It's what you can get out of the talent you have. When we beat Miami in the orange bowl against Testeverde no big names on that team. He had been sacked twice the whole season. we got 12 in that game. So good luck to us all, good luck to Butch.

Reactions: 3 people
Let me present this scenario: Say we would go:

2013 7-5 with a bowl win to go 8-5
2014 8-4 with a bowl loss to go 8-5
2015 9-3 with a bowl win to go 10-3

That's 26-13...with say a few big wins over Florida, Georgia, and say maybe a Oregon type win. But of course winning all the games we should win.

Is that acceptable in the next three years?

Just asking.

Well, seeing the last five years......I'd take that 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.........just remember.. Saban, Miles and Meyer all came from small mid-west conferences......we could have a Saban or Miles in the rough.......worth seeing if we do
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Jones is a good hire. Eventually he will have moved on to another big time college if Hart would not have pulled the trigger. Cincy was on ESPN a few times this year and I took a liking to him then. Watching made me realize the guy can coach a football team. Jones is a motivator and expects players to do their part. He will make this team better and better. Give him time to turn this ship around and pointed in the right direction and back him because he is going to need it. Big Orange will be back before you know it and kicking Gator butt! V O L S VOLS VOLS VOLS!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Just watched the press conference for the second time. I think its a good hire. I never really like the Gundy talk. And Strong was OK but not really what I want at Tennessee. Butch came from left field but after watching his press conference. That's what Tennessee needs a good coach fired up about coming to UT. I think he will build his team around the players we have and not try to run packages that are made for a certain type of players. I will say I am glad to have you Coach Jones. Now lets go kick some SEC tail. VFL. It's Great to be a Tennessee Vol.:clap::welcome3:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back