New Commit

He's 17, hasn't even started his SR season yet. I imagine he could easily be 290-300 by the time he gets on campus. Then after a redshirt year, maybe 310 or so.

I'm excited about this kid, I really like his size.

If he's only 17 than he may grow a few more inches too. Not sure why we need Randy Johnson protecting our quarterback. I bet this kid throws a mean snow ball.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of us have gotten worried this time the past few years due to us taking these so called "sleepers". We will let a few of them go in late fall when other more talented players begin to jump on board if they haven't developed like we expect. Relax Its all part of the process.

We are badass at recruiting 3 stars!!!! Boom!!!!!

It's kinda rare for a JR O Lineman in HS to be rated much higher than 3*. Let's see how his SR season unfolds. This guy may be a great find. Never know, he may end up a 4* before al lis said and done.

YES!!!!!!!! Another 3 star. Meanwhile, Vanderbilt gets another 4 star commit yesterday (a DE). Keep em comin' Coach Dooley!!

Reactions: 2 people
There are 31 four star tackles.

Currently rated the third best prospect in Colorado - very athletic with good footwork - plays basketball and baseball -- gets low - understands and takes good blocking angles -- possible tight end or tackle eligible on the goal line -- what's not to like. Sounds like a perfect left tackle to me.

Reactions: 6 people
When you're feeling really good and pumped abt our recruiting class, go look at bamas and tell me you still feel great. It's a decent start but its not even the top 3 or 4 in the conf. Tenn is a top program, let's recruit like it.

We had a #35 recruiting class when we were good

Chill!!!

We are badass at recruiting 3 stars!!!! Boom!!!!!
I think their main approach is to try and snag the underrated guys that they really like before they become a 4-5* during their Senior season. Worley, Peterman and a number of others fit that mold.

I think their main approach is to try and snag the underrated guys that they really like before they become a 4-5* during their Senior season. Worley, Peterman and a number of others fit that mold.

To play devils advocate here: This is Tennessee and we shouldn't have to get them before they explode. We should be able to recruit those that aren't under the radar leaving that to the lesser programs.

To play devils advocate here: This is Tennessee and we shouldn't have to get them before they explode. We should be able to recruit those that aren't under the radar leaving that to the lesser programs.

"This is Tennessee" doesn't even work on in state kids anymore. We've fallen off man. We can't recruit on name alone. Trust me I'm just a few years older than the players so I can barely remember when we were a nationally relevant team myself. We are on our way back but the proof is in the pudding. When we win some games this year we can start saying that again. You can't have the kinda years we've had and still get by on your name alone.

Edit: just saw where you were playing devils advocate so I'm sorry. Thought u were getting all uppity lol continue on good sir.

Continued entertainment. Guys complain about our future depth at OL after the last class. Then we get commits from some huge kids that look to have a mean streak at the position, and you still complain.

Reactions: 8 people

I think we evaluate a lot of players and make offers based what the coaches see. I don't think the coaches verify star counts on Rivals prior to making an offer. We offer the big name recruits as well. I think they liked the kid and want him on the team. We get on some before the recruiting services do but so do other schools.

Reactions: 2 people
10 West Region Recruits Primed to Explode - DS#9 per TOS Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was posted about a month ago, prior to his camp/unofficial visit to UT among others.

9. Dan Skipper, OT, Ralston Valley (Colo.) Arvada

Skipper currently has an interesting collection of offers but none that really put him on the national radar yet. Oklahoma, Oregon, Alabama and Texas A&M are just a few of the elite programs showing interest right now. Some schools may be concerned how well he can bend with a 6-foot-10 frame, but a look at his film shows great knee bend and use of leverage. Skipper could benefit from a flurry of offers if things take the next step.

Should be awesome with time to develop.

We don't need our olineman to come in and play day one guys...we have good depth and Oline is the one position I feel like Dooley has done a great job at recruiting.

Reactions: 4 people
Continued entertainment. Guys complain about our future depth at OL after the last class. Then we get commits from some huge kids that look to have a mean streak at the position, and you still complain.

Another summers day on VN, my friend

why does everyone say someone who is tall and skinny has the frame to put on weight?
I have yet to every hear someone say this dude is stuck tall and skinny for the rest of his life.
Of course with right nutrition plan and workout regime almost anyone can put on weight, in particular athletes.

Peterman and who else?
Rajon Neal, Dallas, Croom, Randolph, J. Coleman, Drae Bowles, D. O'Brien, etc.

We also got in early on Peters and Santos (who were committed for a long time last year, before bailing out right before Signing Day)

"We are Tennessee" line is a bunch of homer BS

These kids could give two ****s about what UT use to be or ever was

Tennessee has always been a hard place to recruit kids to. Thats why some of your "BIG TIME" high dollar guys you all want don't want to come here. It takes relentless hours of recruiting, especially when we are not winning, to get kids to commit.

You just dont call a kid and say " Hey kid, We are Tennessee, you better recognize" and they commit

Reactions: 4 people
"We are Tennessee" line is a bunch of homer BS

These kids could give two ****s about what UT use to be or ever was

Tennessee has always been a hard place to recruit kids to. Thats why some of your "BIG TIME" high dollar guys you all want don't want to come here. It takes relentless hours of recruiting, especially when we are not winning, to get kids to commit.

You just dont call a kid and say " Hey kid, We are Tennessee, you better recognize" and they commit

We have a bunch of Uncle Rico type fans that are stuck in a time warp

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back