New Commit - DB Brendon Harris

Al Wilson was a prep all-american RB at Jackson-Central. UT was one of the only teams that wanted him to play defense, which is the main reason he chose UT. He came in as a strong safety but couldn't cover, so one day in practice, Chavis told him, to go practice with the linebackers and the rest, as they say, is history

Al Wilson was a prep all-american RB at Jackson-Central. UT was one of the only teams that wanted him to play defense, which is the main reason he chose UT. He came in as a strong safety but couldn't cover, so one day in practice, Chavis told him, to go practice with the linebackers and the rest, as they say, is history

Notre Dame and Alabama both recruited him the be a LB. The other RB on JCM's team was a better RB but Al was just a pure athlete who tore people's heads off. I always remember WBBJ doing an interview with him on signing day and asking him what he most wanted to do. He said his dream was to run through the T and hit somebody. He started out on special teams and they had to stop letting him hit in practice because the coaches were afraid he would destroy his own return guys.

The way things are heating up on recruiting makes me want to sing...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

VFL...GBO!!!

Yup. And I would guess that the new coaching upgrades have a lot to do with the recruiting momentum this year. Its funny, cause apparently recruits have a much higher opinion of the trajectory of the program under Butch, than some pundits and even fans.

Early. Playing. Time.

Never knew that. But it goes to show how good coaches can take raw talent and make the very most of it. I wish we still had that ability.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back