New Commit - DB Brendon Harris

Might not be the worst idea in the world. Chief made a living off of converting safeties and RB's into linebackers.

it's really not. not exactly an apples to apples comparison here, but Thomas Davis played Safety at GA, and has had an outstanding career at a LB in Carolina.

if the body type, speed etc...align, it can work.

I can't tell if u are kidding, but it wouldn't matter to me. Arguably, UTs greatest LB ever, Al Wilson, was a converted safety

i am kidding, but as you, and others, have already pointed out...

it's been done before, with some good success.

i'm NOT saying that should happen, however.

Reactions: 1 person
it's really not. not exactly an apples to apples comparison here, but Thomas Davis played Safety at GA, and has had an outstanding career at a LB in Carolina.

if the body type, speed etc...align, it can work.

It may have been Fulmer that said it but it was once said, to get the most athleticism on the field, convert CB's to safeties, safeties to LB's, LB's to DE's, DE's to DT's, DT's to O-tackles, and O-tackles to guards.

It may have been Fulmer that said it but it was once said, to get the most athleticism on the field, convert CB's to safeties, safeties to LB's, LB's to DE's, DE's to DT's, DT's to O-tackles, and O-tackles to guards.

it was. and that was an effort to get speed every where. we sacrificed strength and bulk for speed and athleticism.

given that we were mainly competing with GA and FL back then, that made sense.

Reactions: 2 people
This is shaping up to be a amazing class.
9MOyQ.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Great to get this instate talent committing to the Big Orange! 🍊🏈🔥👍✔😆

I can't tell if u are kidding, but it wouldn't matter to me. Arguably, UTs greatest LB ever, Al Wilson, was a converted safety

He was actually a converted RB...he was a stud in high school...regardless your point still stands..if he's a player put him where he can best help the team!

VN Store

Back