NEVER schedule GA Tech

TN vs Tech

• Total voters
You do not face the triple in the sec. You most likely will never face it in a playoff ( the ACC and GA will take care of tech because they face it every year and know exactly how to contain/stop them ). If the athletic department scheduled this game while Paul Johnson was coach at tech, it may be regretting that decision in the near future. There is a difference between knowing what to do and still having to think about it to be sure, and knowing to the point that it comes natural and you can play fast. Those acc teams and ga have faced it enough that they know and play fast. We haven't.

This game in my mind is 50/50 for both teams, UT and CBJ with the most to lose. If we still had dobbs, I would be a UT lean, 60/40. We are gonna need plenty of offense to keep up with tech. Dobbs leading this offense would have given me the confidence that we wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and put at least 35 on the board. We are gonna need 35 points to win this game imo. Idk if we can count on that with Dobbs gone.

Folks, if we escape with the W, be happy. Be very very Happy. I don't care if it takes a miracle catch or tech giving us the ball 6 times for no good reason for us to get the W. I'll take it any way I can get it against this offense and this team.

Unless it is the first game of the year. You have weeks and weeks to scheme for it. When it's a no-no, is the second or third game of the year

Btw, there is a reason they do so badly in their bowl games, teams have time to prep. Same goes for opening games, they struggle. TN 31 GT 14

Reactions: 1 person
So we are young again? BS!

62.7 % of our team has never seen the ocean.

13% don't need to shave everyday.

99.9% have never flown in a supersonic Concord jet.

56% had parental control on their computer at this time last year.

100% enjoy mac n cheeze.

Yoof!

But what is gained by prepping specifically for them? It does very little to prepare you for anybody else in the season. At least defensively, anyway.

Maybe having a tough game as an opener will keep the team focused during the offseason. Unlike last year, that may mean this team will be physically and mentally ready.

With them running the triple option, don't we have permission to beat the poop out of their quarterback every play whether or not he has the ball?

62.7 % of our team has never seen the ocean.

13% don't need to shave everyday.

99.9% have never flown in a supersonic Concord jet.

56% had parental control on their computer at this time last year.

100% enjoy mac n cheeze.

Yoof!

It is so clear now.

What nobody has mentioned and scares me more than losing the game is the cut blocking they do and the resulting higher injury potential for our defense. Just thinking about it gives me cold sweats thinking about how we ended up last year with all the injuries.

Is this your first thread?

Reactions: 2 people
We shouldn't be scared of anyone. However, there is nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing this game. If we win, no big deal because it was only Ga Tech. If we lose, oh $hit we just lost to Ga Tech! We won't gain a great deal of experience from this game because we won't face this type of offense again this year. Also, the cut blocking that we will face puts our D Line at risk. (yes, I know the difference between a chop block and a cut block)

To dip out of your book, I'll go with all of the freshmen. The ones who have never played a college game.

That hasn't been published yet. Which of those FRESHMEN are we hitching this season's wagon to?

Reactions: 2 people
Contrary to what some posters say, winning this game does prove something. It proves that our defense is disciplined and adaptive. They will see looks that they are unfamiliar with and adjusting to those correctly are very good signs going forward for our players readiness for the season going forward. Not to mention, it will show that our offense can produce when facing possession and time restrictions against a team that is very talented at controlling the clock.

Saying winning this game proves nothing is asinine and considering how well GT runs the triple option. Some fans just can't seem to survive the offseason without something to bellyache about.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm worried too OP. Because of what we saw from our defense at the end of last season, and the fact we are starting a new QB, a game like this is no automatic win.

I like the GT game an easy trip to ATL, and anyway they were a charter member of the SEC. We should add Sewanee too.

Have no fear

As long as we play assignment football the game itself doesn't scare me. What scares me is their blocking scheme and the injuries to our defensive linemen.

As long as we play assignment football the game itself doesn't scare me. What scares me is their blocking scheme and the injuries to our defensive linemen.

The assignment football should worry you too. We haven't played good assignment on D since 2007

UT way ahead in talent.
GT has had 2 Top 50 classes in last 5 years -- 44 and 47.
Yes, ankle breaking offense is a great challenge.
And good practice for SEC schedule, which includes some option.
However, our offense should run up 40 on their D.

GT barely squeaked by Boston College and Duke. Kentucky slapped them like a little child. Does anything else need to be said?

VN Store

Back