Never happened until tonight

bkwvols

Tennessee is the first team to ever win an NCAA tournament game while shooting

Less than 15% from 3 (min. 20 3PA)

And

Less than 35% overall from the field

In tourney history, teams that shot this poorly were 0-66 before tonight

They are now 1-66

I cannot wait for a game in the tourney where every one of our players is on fire and the shots are falling like rain. I know it is going to happen. We are better than we have looked so far. Still happy for the wins. Love my Vols!!
It's coming my friend...it's coming. I need that Wyatt Earp gif...

And

They are now 1-66
I love stats, except when I don't! I just hate websites that lay down a bunch of statistics (hello Basillio). The game is played on the floor, with accompanying emotions...not behind your desk, fatso.

And

They are now 1-66
That's a nice little fun fact. Hopefully, we won't see a performance like that again from our Vols! If we do, we're going home, IMO.

That was the lowest amount of points we had scored all season and still get the W. Any other time, we lose that game.

Again, hustle, defense, and pressure will win games when the shots aren't falling. And when the refs are stealing points from you 5 minutes later.

I cannot wait for a game in the tourney where every one of our players is on fire and the shots are falling like rain. I know it is going to happen. We are better than we have looked so far. Still happy for the wins. Love my Vols!!
Let’s hope that game is in the NC game. We are overdue for a game like that for sure.

Reactions: theroyz71

And

They are now 1-66
I've never seen a game where they just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn shooting 3s. We have so many players that can shoot the 3s yet they were not going down--just unbelievable. Kudos for the guys hanging in there.

Texas contested almost all of the 3 point shots we attempted. They had a very good defense at the 3 point line. Anyone who can't match that defensive intensity will get beat by 20 points. Lucky we an inside game with fumble-fingers and Awaka.

Kurt Russell Smoking GIF by GritTV

Texas contested almost all of the 3 point shots we attempted. They had a very good defense at the 3 point line. Anyone who can't match that defensive intensity will get beat by 20 points. Lucky we an inside game with fumble-fingers and Awaka.

They contested a good many but we missed several good looks and a few very open ones.

Every year, it seems like we get knocked out of the tournament due to 1 poor shooting night. That was a historically bad shooting night and we still won on pure grit. Amazing!

Hoping that's our "1 bad shooting game" for the tournament. If we shoot well, we have a shot against anyone.

Testament to stellar D.

I think it’s also a testament to the athleticism of Texas. They stuck on us like glue the entire game. Every single shot we took was contested. The only reason we won was because Awaka dominated in the paint and we hit our free throws. And the stellar D, like you mentioned.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back