Nearly 100 Underclassmen Declare For The Draft

Actually he's not if we're using combine times where OBJ's time is listed as 4.43.

Most people don't appreciate how fast a legit sub-4.4 is at the combine. IIRC only 2 WR managed that last year.

Last years WR crop was one of the slowest in recent memory. And I think you guys don't appreciate how athletic Malone is. He's exceptional. There is a reason he was a 5 star.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't run sub-4.4.

First of all, we don't know where Malone ultimately goes. Its possible his stock increases substantially if he runs a 4.3 at the combine as I expect.

But more importantly great speed isn't sufficient to being a great NFL receiver. I think you overvalue speed. There are many speedsters who struggle to be NFL receivers because they lack all the other attributes necessary to play receiver. And there are many successful receivers without great speed. Look no further than Antonio Brown. He ran 4.6 at the combine and is today one of the most explosive receivers in the NFL.

I think Malone kills at the combine but I don't think he'll be a great receiver in the NFL.

I was referring to Beckham being able to run a 4.3 now. Players do get faster after all. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Malone runs a 4.3. I hope he does but I think he's around the 4.4 to 4.5 range. If he's drafted by the right team he has a good chance at being a solid receiver. I could see him having a decent career like Meachem

Something else to take into account is the fact Malone definitely hasn't untapped his potential with Azzanni coaching him. With his athleticism if he's properly coached he could be pretty good. Not a superstar I think, but a good solid player maybe like Jordan Mathews

Last years WR crop was one of the slowest in recent memory. And I think you guys don't appreciate how athletic Malone is. He's exceptional. There is a reason he was a 5 star.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't run sub-4.4.

Fine, I'm showing 2015 had 4 go sub-4.4, which does jack to change my observation that a legit combine 4.3 is in truth a pretty rare beast.

Fine, I'm showing 2015 had 4 go sub-4.4, which does jack to change my observation that a legit combine 4.3 is in truth a pretty rare beast.

Its rare. But then again 5 star WR are also rare. And Malone was one of them.

He'll run a sub-4.4 40.

Its rare. But then again 5 star WR are also rare. And Malone was one of them.

He'll run a sub-4.4 40.

The 5* association has been used more than once and isn't helpful to your argument. Since '08 there has been 15 Rivals 5* WR run at the combine. The average time for this group? 4.51

Want to know why I went back to '08? Because I had to go back that far for ANY 5* WR to run a sub-4.4. That was Julio Jones and he squeaked under with a 4.39.

Upshot? I'm not certain what Malone will run but sub-4.4 is unlikely and citing his 5* recruiting ranking is a completely useless metric in predicting a blazing 40 time.

I think it's awesome that you dismiss mock drafters, but have absolute faith in the recruiting sites. Both groups are doing the exact same thing.

I have no faith in recruiting sites. Typically the recruiting sites award 5 stars based on athleticism. The fact they viewed Malone as a 5 star shows he had elite athleticism.

I have no faith in recruiting sites. Typically the recruiting sites award 5 stars based on athleticism. The fact they viewed Malone as a 5 star shows he had elite athleticism.

My favorite posts of yours are the ones where you don't even pretend to know what you're talking about.

VN Store

Back