Friday 7:00 ESPN2
Tennessee
Marist

Friday 4:30 ESPNU
Ohio State
Arizona

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
At least it's not the Arizona teams of old....the Lady Vols team that faced them months ago is a very different team now

I tried to tell some people on here we could fall to as low as a #14 seed. Well, I wasn't far off. They're #13 but I think we are in a decent region to possibly advance to supers. Only team that I believe would keep us from advancing is Arizona.

BTW, how in the word did Georgia pull out the #16 seed? That is just crazy if you ask me. I know they are in the toughest conference but still they didn't deserve to be in the top 16. Fresno State & Baylor are just 2 teams right off the top of my head that are way more deserving. Maybe even South Florida as well. That's just not right.

Last edited:
I give up trying to figure out the softball committee....some of these regionals are just brutal for some teams

LSU with good path to WCWS

Looks that way. I was surprised to see them jump all the way to a #10 national seed though. The original poster of this thread had them as a #13 seed & UT as a #10 seed. Looks like the committee switched them. LSU is 10th & UT is 13th.

I guess because they beat us in that last game for us in the tourney against them directly. LSU was ranked 13th heading into the tourney so I guess jumping 3 spots by making it to the SEC championship game seems fair enough. We were ranked 9th heading into the SECT.

I said we would fall to #11 or #12 but possibly as low as #14 but I honestly don't think we should have fallen to 13th just by losing that one game to LSU who was a pre-season #3 ranked team anyhow. I really think with the rules of being able to factor in injuries played a role is us falling that far to 13th after losing Gaffin. I said it could happen & it did.

Shocked that Arizona was placed in our regional.... Also shocked at our seed and being placed in the Auburn supers.... Guess the commitee wants to give them a chance of revenge at home against us.... This whole bracket is puzzling 🙈

James Madison did not get a SEC or PAC 12 team in their regional....unreal

Nope but I believe LSU beats them in the SRs...think SEC will have 4 in WCWS
UF, Bama, Auburn, and LSU...can't pick us on the road and without Gaffin

Auburn has absolutely no threat of competition in their regional...we have 2 teams in the top 25 ( Ohio State ) has been in and out all year! Arizona has been ranked all year!

I don't know man neither team can hit...probably looking at some extra inning games

Auburn has absolutely no threat of competition in their regional...we have 2 teams in the top 25 ( Ohio State ) has been in and out all year! Arizona has been ranked all year!

that's the difference between a 4 and 13 seed

I think Oregon got kind of a bad draw..UCLA has beat them twice this year and Fresno St(if they beat UCLA) is a really good team

5 Oregon
Baylor
Fordham
Long Beach St.

12 UCLA
Bakersfield
Cal St. Fullerton
Fresno St.

Last edited:

We can beat Auburn...their pitching isn't great and we have seen all of them so it's no surprises coming from them....both teams will be playing for senior teammates that got hurt

I know we have 2 teams that are a possible threat in the regionals but I believe Arizona is our only real threat. We played them earlier this season & lost 0-1 in a pitching duel. It was in a tourney so they played at a neutral site in Alabama. Of course, we haven't played the other 2 teams either.

I think we're going to pull it off & advance to the super regionals. I pick we beat Arizona in the final game to advance. All we need is some solid pitching from Erin & Matty & we advance to the next round. That's what I think will happen but you never know.

We could get beat by Arizona & out we go. I would be surprised if it came down to us vs either OSU or Marist for the chance to advance. I really think Arizona is the only team of the 3 that can stop us from moving on.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.... Norte dame is in the Michigan regional and they have been receiving votes in the polls and have been ranked.... Baylor is in the Oregon regional... Those r two top hosts to name a few with tough opponents!

I know we have 2 teams that are a possible threat in the regionals but I believe Arizona is our only real threat. We played them earlier this season & lost 0-1 in a pitching duel. It was in a tourney so they played at a neutral site in Alabama. Of course, we haven't played the other 2 teams either.

I think we're going to pull it off & advance to the super regionals. I pick we beat Arizona in the final game to advance. All we need is some solid pitching from Erin & Matty & we advance to the next round. That's what I think will happen but you never know.

We could get beat by Arizona & out we go. I would be surprised if it came down to us vs either OSU or Marist for the chance to advance. I really think Arizona is the only team of the 3 that can stop us from moving on.

Yeah .... Marist has a great record but prolly against lesser opponents.... Not to worried about Ohio State... But definitely can't over look them... Arizona beat us in the 1st inning first batter that homered off of Gabriel.... We did lose 1-0 and I do feel we r better now.... We couldn't hit their pitcher then but sure hope the bats show up in Knoxville!

Not necessarily.... Norte dame is in the Michigan regional and they have been receiving votes in the polls and have been ranked.... Baylor is in the Oregon regional... Those r two top hosts to name a few with tough opponents!

yeah the Michigan coach said that this was a very tough regional for them

VN Store

Back