NCAA softball selection show

Of your top 8, who is the best matchup and the worst matchup for us?

1 Florida....Worst....has the pitching to shut our offense down completely

2 Michigan....Best...has one pitcher get by her you're good...has a few bats in the lineup you can pitch around

3 Oklahoma....Worst....lefty pitcher who shut us down...best defensive team in the country...we know what happened last time we faced them

4 Oregon....Worst....has a left pitcher who is one of the best in the country...offense is explosive best team on the west coast

5 Alabama....Best...went toe to toe with them in Ttown confident the Lady Vols will beat them again if they face each other again

6 Auburn....toss up...probably some high scoring games one of the best hitting teams

7 Florida State....Best...played them in supers last year if you can get past their 1st pitcher you have a chance

8 James Madison....toss up...lefty pitcher who is a great athlete...not the best hitting team but their pitching keeps them in games

Reactions: 2 people

2 Michigan....Best...has one pitcher get by her you're good...has a few bats in the lineup you can pitch around

3 Oklahoma....Worst....lefty pitcher who shut us down...best defensive team in the country...we know what happened last time we faced them

4 Oregon....Worst....has a left pitcher who is one of the best in the country...offense is explosive best team on the west coast

5 Alabama....Best...went toe to toe with them in Ttown confident the Lady Vols will beat them again if they face each other again

6 Auburn....toss up...probably some high scoring games one of the best hitting teams

7 Florida State....Best...played them in supers last year if you can get past their 1st pitcher you have a chance

8 James Madison....toss up...lefty pitcher who is a great athlete...not the best hitting team but their pitching keeps them in games

I would have to agree with you on every one of those Vols4life.

thanks good stuff...so it looks pretty good if we can get a 9-12 seeding...and of course win our regional!..if it goes the way of your top 8, we will probably be a 9-10 to avoid a SEC vs SEC SR?

Last edited:
I'm totally sorry about that. I overlooked them. I swear last night I double-checked & thought I didn't see them. I must have been ready for the bed if you know what I mean. Again, sorry about that mistake. I do apologize. Thanks!

No prob man :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
thanks good stuff...so it looks pretty good if we can get a 9-12 seeding...and of course win our regional!..if it goes the way of your top 8, we will probably be a 9-10 to avoid a SEC vs SEC SR?

The NCAA has never tried very hard to avoid conference match ups in SRs. UT played Georgia and Alabama in back to back years in 2012 and 2013. Florida hosted Kentucky last year.

The NCAA has never tried very hard to avoid conference match ups in SRs. UT played Georgia and Alabama in back to back years in 2012 and 2013. Florida hosted Kentucky last year.

I think they avoid them if the teams played during the regular season....so you could see a Florida vs Mizzou matchup this year....and an outside chance of Bama vs Tennessee as we only played one non-conference game against them....I'm hoping for FSU though

This bracketology also has this

1) UF
2) UM
3) Oregon
4) Auburn
5) OU
6)Bama
7) FSU
8) JMU

I think they avoid them if the teams played during the regular season....so you could see a Florida vs Mizzou matchup this year....and an outside chance of Bama vs Tennessee as we only played one non-conference game against them....I'm hoping for FSU though

the NCAA committee does NOT won the championship series full of teams from the SEC. I think it probably wants as many regions and conferences represented as possible.

Top 4 are

1. Florida
2. Michigan
3. Oklahoma
4. Auburn

Auburn got all the way up to a 4 seed....which means Oregon is maybe a 5 now Bama a 6 seed??? Going to be an interesting show in 17 minutes

Top 4 are

1. Florida
2. Michigan
3. Oklahoma
4. Auburn

Auburn got all the way up to a 4 seed....which means Oregon is maybe a 5 now Bama a 6 seed??? Going to be an interesting show in 17 minutes

that's good maybe we avoid Oklahoma like we were projected

Top 4 are

1. Florida
2. Michigan
3. Oklahoma
4. Auburn

my guess

1) UF
2) UM
3) Oklahoma
4) Auburn
5) Oregon
6)FSU
7) Bama
8) JMU

9)Kentucky would play FSU
10) LSU would play JMU
11) Washington would play Bama
12) UCLA would play Oregon

13) Tennessee would play Auburn
14) ULL would play Oklahoma
15) Missouri would play Michigan
16) Georgia would play Florida

This is kind of designed to knock out as many SEC and PAC 12 teams as possible. Should have had Tennessee against Oregon and UCLA against Auburn.

This is kind of designed to knock out as many SEC and PAC 12 teams as possible. Should have had Tennessee against Oregon and UCLA against Auburn.

Which is unfortunate. It's inevitable that SEC teams will play each other because of the strength of the conference, but the teams should be slotted based on resume.

Tennessee/Oregon and Auburn/UCLA matchups would have been much more intriguing to the fan bases. Bad job selection committee.

VN Store

Back