NCAA Baseball Postseason Thread

Rumors around Tallahassee that Mike Martin is not returning next season as HC @ FSU

just wait till next year...we'll be back...again...somewhere...wow, that felt good...:):clapping::pepper::rock:

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
The Gainesville Regional is a joke. Kinda like moving them ahead, but making them play for good looks.

My local boys TennTech got in. Doesn't happen often, if ever. Unfortunately, getting placed in the FSU regional with them and Auburn probably punched them a two and out. But who knows. Stoney Brook did knock out LSU a few years back.

The Gainesville Regional is a joke. Kinda like moving them ahead, but making them play for good looks.

My local boys TennTech got in. Doesn't happen often, if ever. Unfortunately, getting placed in the FSU regional with them and Auburn probably punched them a two and out. But who knows. Stoney Brook did knock out LSU a few years back.

Since it's done on regional logistics, as fair as possible, I don't know who else you put in their region. USF won't be an easy out. TCU and FSU's are the toughest IMO. FSU drawing Auburn as a 3 seed is brutal. They barely made it but they're also a team that was probably capable of winning the SEC when they're on.

Since it's done on regional logistics, as fair as possible, I don't know who else you put in their region. USF won't be an easy out. TCU and FSU's are the toughest IMO. FSU drawing Auburn as a 3 seed is brutal. They barely made it but they're also a team that was probably capable of winning the SEC when they're on.

Louisville or Kentucky would be 4 hours or less for TennTech. And easier brackets overall. Arkansas about same as Tallahassee. Mapquest says 8 hrs (car) to Tallahassee, but it took us 7 hours to get to Tifton, GA from Cookeville. I figure atleast 9 hrs or so by by team bus. Have to consider other teams they placed into L'ville or KY regionals that would have probably drove further elsewhere. We open up with FSU. I hope we atleast win one before coming home. that is a tough bracket. I actually picked UCF to win that bracket. Tech's edge is that the other 3 might overlook them. They have several players with nice national stat rankings, and they do have big game experience. Handled Belmont all season. Went undefeated in conference tourney and won regular season impressively. Played UT well and beat Vandy. we will steal a game in the regional. Maybe 2 before getting bumped.

My brackets of interest are FSU, ARK, SouMiss, UNC, TCU from a balanced and toughness point. There are some gimmies. Although i picked Stanford, I am seeing Fullerton as a viable upset. also calling DBU, UCF, and Missouri St as upsets. I reserve the right to withdraw DBU as an upset. I'm on the fence on that one. IMO, tennTech's schedule was as good as DBU. And i don't have any regional upsets making it past the Supers. I'm taking OrSt, L'ville, LSU and FL as the final 4. LSU and OrSt in the championship with OrST holding the title. But LSU has to clear Texas Tech and FL to do that.

Last edited:
Louisville or Kentucky would be 4 hours or less for TennTech. And easier brackets overall. Arkansas about same as Tallahassee. Mapquest says 8 hrs (car) to Tallahassee, but it took us 7 hours to get to Tifton, GA from Cookeville. I figure atleast 9 hrs or so by by team bus. Have to consider other teams they placed into L'ville or KY regionals that would have probably drove further elsewhere. We open up with FSU. I hope we atleast win one before coming home. that is a tough bracket. I actually picked UCF to win that bracket. Tech's edge is that the other 3 might overlook them. They have several players with nice national stat rankings, and they do have big game experience. Handled Belmont all season. Went undefeated in conference tourney and won regular season impressively. Played UT well and beat Vandy. we will steal a game in the regional. Maybe 2 before getting bumped.

My brackets of interest are FSU, ARK, SouMiss, UNC, TCU from a balanced and toughness point. There are some gimmies. Although i picked Stanford, I am seeing Fullerton as a viable upset. also calling DBU, UCF, and Missouri St as upsets. I reserve the right to withdraw DBU as an upset. I'm on the fence on that one. IMO, tennTech's schedule was as good as DBU. And i don't have any regional upsets making it past the Supers. I'm taking OrSt, L'ville, LSU and FL as the final 4. LSU and OrSt in the championship with OrST holding the title. But LSU has to clear Texas Tech and FL to do that.

I was saying who else do you put in G'ville other than the 4 that are there? If FGCU had been a 3, which I'm surprised they weren't they could've wound up in G'ville and then it would've been fairly tough since FGCU had a winning record overall vs FSU, UF and UM this year

Florida gulf coast being a 2 seed is a joke. Hell they finished 3rd in a bad conference. The ASUN was 20th rpi league.

Florida gulf coast being a 2 seed is a joke. Hell they finished 3rd in a bad conference. The ASUN was 20th rpi league.

It's probably a little high, their RPI finished at 33. However, they went 1-2 vs FSU in Tally with both losses coming by 1 run, 2-0 vs UF, 2-1 vs Miami and 1-0 vs USF. They did great vs the top 50 and most on the road.

Good luck betting against FGCU because every other team in the state of Florida will inform you that they are well respected down here and won't back down from anyone. That's in state or out of state. Also I wouldn't have been surprised if they had been selected as a #2 seed.

I wouldn't be surprised if South Florida advances to the Super Regionals from Gainesville. Unfortunately it looks like Florida has worked the kinks out.

It's probably a little high, their RPI finished at 33. However, they went 1-2 vs FSU in Tally with both losses coming by 1 run, 2-0 vs UF, 2-1 vs Miami and 1-0 vs USF. They did great vs the top 50 and most on the road.

They only played 9 top 50 games. They did win 6 but that isn't nearly enough to overcome being 3rd in a bad conference. Weekends are where teams show their real worth anyway

They only played 9 top 50 games. They did win 6 but that isn't nearly enough to overcome being 3rd in a bad conference. Weekends are where teams show their real worth anyway

Based on RPI it's not all that absurd. With SCar out, FGCU moves up to the #32 team in. Based on straight RPI, the top 32 teams would be 1-2 seeds. Who do you switch them for? Maybe NCSU? TAMU? AU?

Michigan played 10 top 50 games (5-5) St Johns played 1 (1-0), DBU played 10 (2-8), USA played 13 (3-10). There's not many 3's who have a better resume than FGCU so I'm not sure who they can be swapped with.

Last edited:
Based on RPI it's not all that absurd. With SCar out, FGCU moves up to the #32 team in. Based on straight RPI, the top 32 teams would be 1-2 seeds.

It appears the committee used RPI as there only criteria in most cases. Clemson hosting is a joke but RPI doesn't see them in a free fall. Rpi doesn't see FGCU finishing 3rd inna terrible league. Rpi put 5 big ten teams in which is the biggest joke of all of it. I think RPI is a good tool to use but it shouldn't mean the committee can stop using their brain after that.

It appears the committee used RPI as there only criteria in most cases. Clemson hosting is a joke but RPI doesn't see them in a free fall. Rpi doesn't see FGCU finishing 3rd inna terrible league. Rpi put 5 big ten teams in which is the biggest joke of all of it. I think RPI is a good tool to use but it shouldn't mean the committee can stop using their brain after that.

I may be in the minority but I'll take a computer picking over humans. A computer doesn't recognize names on jerseys nor does it care. It looks at the numbers regardless if you're FGCU or FSU.

I may be in the minority but I'll take a computer picking over humans. A computer doesn't recognize names on jerseys nor does it care. It looks at the numbers regardless if you're FGCU or FSU.

I just don't Value a computer that rewards Maryland for playing at LSU three times and getting swept. Those three games are why Maryland got in IMO.

BREAKING NEWS: The past is in the past and there is nothing anyone can do to change it. Let's get this train rolling and hire the coach that will have us competing for SEC Championships annually.

FGCU could very well be the tourney sleeper. They would be a Mid that could potentially find a way to Omaha.

When it gets down to teams like Maryland, who do you take in their place. Prob should have been Miami over Md. Your basically picking the last 5 consolation prizes. Congrats to all conference winners, but there a a few (2-3) sub .500 teams in because of auto bids.

I thought the committee did a pretty respectable job.
Minus taking the conference tourneys into account a little too much.

Really felt like FSU shouldn't host and that LSU was maybe too high a national seed.

Weird that Texas got shipped out west and A&M gets to play in Houston.

Glad we don't have to sit through another UF/UM/FSU Super, a Clemson/SC Super, or any variation of a Texas school Super.

VN Store

Back