'19 NC QB Sam Howell

I personally prefer zone ...good news doesn't zone typically get lineman in second level vs man

I have dreams of watching our line doing their best Travis Fredrick/Zach Martin impersonation and blockbuster by linebackers and dlinemen 15 yards down the field.

Heck, if they could’ve learned to cutback and the TE held their edges there was about 1,000 yards left on the field. I think our backs ran with power and use their off arm well, just ball security and reading the gaps. We were even shoving people around in the first half of the UGA game. Just not making plays.

More play action can take the wind out of those DEs sails, but it wasn’t used enough last year.

Some people on here defended that. Blows my mind.

I was considered a Butch defender. I openly detested Byrd being wasted at WR, not using our best returners in favor of “safer” options and not incorporating the offset I into the offense as DeBord wanted. It all boiled down to trusting that the coaches knew what they were doing and it would work out. Always said that the final verdict would be realized no matter WHEN individual fans got there. My approach didn’t affect his timeline and neither did the one’s of fans that preached failure from the beginning.

Reactions: 1 person
I was considered a Butch defender. I openly detested Byrd being wasted at WR, not using our best returners in favor of “safer” options and not incorporating the offset I into the offense as DeBord wanted. It all boiled down to trusting that the coaches knew what they were doing and it would work out. Always said that the final verdict would be realized no matter WHEN individual fans got there. My approach didn’t affect his timeline and neither did the one’s of fans that preached failure from the beginning.

I defended him til UF last year.

Howell is 6-2. Might grow a little more but his height is fine. His passing skills and leadership are what we're recruiting. He also has a high chance to come out of Summer camps a composite five star and #1 overall pro-style QB.

Drew Brees thinks he’s tall enough. And no, 6’3 isn’t undersized. It’s actually the average height of an nfl qb

I think 6’2” is plenty tall enough. Hollaway is like 5’10” you don’t see that much anymore. The average lineman was around 6’2”. You could play QB at 5’10”, now the average lineman is around 6’5” that’s why you’re going to need to be 6’2 or so for today’s game. There’s always exceptions to the rule but not the norm.

VN Store

Back