'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon

Maybe the UT isn't the only one, but I think our university makes Josh's recruiting efforts easier. Especially when the recruit has strong family ties, and we end up recruiting the family into becoming Vols fans during visits. Rockytop will always be, home sweet home to me.

Last edited:
Maybe the UT isn't the only one, but I think our university makes Josh's recruiting efforts easier. Especially when the recruit has strong family ties, and we end up recruiting the family into becoming Vols fans during visits. Rockytop will always be, home sweet home to me.
Tennessee has alwaysb had very strong brand identity. We just feel off the map with terrible coaching hires for awhile.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Really began in the hires of incompetent ADs. Hire incompetent people to run a brand and they will run it into the ground whether it’s Tennessee football or Disney.
Doug Dickey was a pretty good AD, during his time football and women’s basketball received the lion share of attention other programs were a little anemic… I would nominate Danny White for the best AD UT has ever had. The “Everything School” moniker (that JJJ started with his tweet into the Calipari - mark stoops argument regarding UK being a basketball school…) is evident across the athletic department; as a whole it is currently in better shape than it has ever been…

All of the guys between those two were concerned with one thing… money saving as much as they could while hoping to make as much as they could… while I understand that mindset when it comes to athletics, you have to invest in a good product or You. Will. Fail. Hamilton, Hart and Curry tried to spend cheap and wound up with a cheap product. I still loved my Vols through it, but the ineptitude in the leadership was painstakingly obvious.

Extremely grateful to have such a phenomenal admin and AD now!! Exciting times!!

Hard to be the “best AD ever” when you’ve only hired one coach in the major sports? Doesn’t mean he won’t prove to be the best ever but it’s still premature at this point.

Reactions: Volunteer_Kirby
Hard to be the “best AD ever” when you’ve only hired one coach in the major sports? Doesn’t mean he won’t prove to be the best ever but it’s still premature at this point.
KEEPING the right coaches is as important as filling holes. Especially with the character first emphasis we have stressed since paying the price for some that were willing to push some envelopes. DW does not SEEM to be willing to play the THIS IS TENNESSEE card and not have some solid solutions having winked back after some rhetorical questions have been thrown out there by our people. Having a solid and in-sync group above him helps. Like where THEY all are.

Doug Dickey was a pretty good AD, during his time football and women’s basketball received the lion share of attention other programs were a little anemic… I would nominate Danny White for the best AD UT has ever had. The “Everything School” moniker (that JJJ started with his tweet into the Calipari - mark stoops argument regarding UK being a basketball school…) is evident across the athletic department; as a whole it is currently in better shape than it has ever been…

All of the guys between those two were concerned with one thing… money saving as much as they could while hoping to make as much as they could… while I understand that mindset when it comes to athletics, you have to invest in a good product or You. Will. Fail. Hamilton, Hart and Curry tried to spend cheap and wound up with a cheap product. I still loved my Vols through it, but the ineptitude in the leadership was painstakingly obvious.

Extremely grateful to have such a phenomenal admin and AD now!! Exciting times!!
I think we have the best Administration we have had in my 85 years of life; our President through the coaching staffs. I have waited many years to see this happen and am extremely pleased with what we now have.

Dickey actively sabotaged men’s basketball as AD.

Can you speak to the competition level this kid faces? Or anyone that wants to weigh in for that matter.
I could be wrong but pretty sure Grimsley plays the top public class in NC so it’s good comp. He’s going to have to take a step this year, losing Alex Taylor and Terrell Anderson so that will be something to watch.

VN Store

Back