'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon

Sounds like this is the guy for 2026.

-Matt Ray
Why hasn't he committed yet!?!? Staff can't cruit!!! We is the doomed!!!!
Aaahhh GIF - Spongebob Patrick Panic - Discover & Share GIFs

Wow...ahead of Jared Curtis? Strange but the heart wants what the heart wants, I guess.
No expert, but from the HUDL film, it appears Brandon is the better athlete. Curtis is more polished playing the QB position right now. Noticed Curtis fakes and the throws he makes under duress. Impressive kid. Seems to be a bigger Stetson Bennett type who just makes plays when they just don't seem to be there. Can't go wrong with either, but as others have pointed out, it does look like Brandon does seem to fit our system better, but I'm not sure I'd want him over Curtis at this point. Still, I'm a crotchety old coot not a talent scout. Gotta trust the Heup, right?

Tennessee was one of the earliest offers for the standout quarterback, as the Vols offered him last June at an on-campus camp.

“It meant a lot,” Brandon said of getting the offer at that time. “I wasn’t really expecting to get an offer. I was trying to get my name out there. But going out there and competin during camp and getting the offer meant a lot to me.”
Following that offer, Brandon visited Tennessee three times last fall. While there is already a comfort level in Knoxville, Saturday’s Junior Day visit allowed him to see a different side of the Vols’ program.

“I finally was able to sit down and talk with the coaches about some offensive stuff and the player development,” Brandon said about the most recent visit. “They didn’t show me everything this visit, so I will have something to look forward to during the next visit, but that was definitely a sign for me to feel good about having a full day to sit down and talk to them and being able to see them personally other than the game day experience.”
“I see that it is really built around the quarterback to me,” the four-star said. “The offensive is basically of the quarterback’s strengths, and they try to do what you do best, and that stands out to me.”
“(I am looking for) Where I can talk to the coaches and not feel like I am too nervous to talk them, but I can just have a genuine relationship with them” Brandon said. “I am going to focus on developing relationships this season. I am definitely going to visit Alabama, Texas, UNC, Texas A&M, and I will definitely go back to Tennessee for a spring practice.”
m.ray

VN Store

Back