My brother says the atmosphere at WBS is better than Neyland.

Since when does 2008 have anything to do with WBS having a better atmosphere than Neyland? It's obvious the OP is about the present. You can throw out mean names all you like. It doesn't make you less wrong.

You didn't write that no matter the year NS had a better atmosphere? Because I'm looking at the quote right now. And I'm telling you that anyone who left at the end of the third quarter of UF or witnessed 30k Bama fans in Neyland will tell you that you are flat out wrong. And if you don't like being called names then don't attack the other poster or my reading skills.

They are winning more right now so I say the atmosphere is better. Right?

I guess it depends on how you define "Atmosphere". Yes all the fans are in a better mood when you win, but there is more to "atmosphere" than fan mood. I've been to WBS several times and most of what they got going on seems contrived to me. The music is piped in with the smoke machine for 2001 for the entrance. Is that better than the Power T run through? The stadium is in an industrial area. Neyland is by the river. Their stadium looks pretty much 1950's East Germany in design. Since the upgrades Neyland looks like a great old ball park. Our band plays Rocky Top, they pipe in Metallica's Sand Man (contrived) as their fight song. Maybe I'm prejudiced but comparing the experience at WBS to Neyland is like comparing Kim Kardashian to Marilyn Monroe. Ones contrived and the other is a legend.

Reactions: 4 people
He's seriously trying to tell me South Carolina's stadium is louder, better and more passionate than Tennessee's.

I'm furious and laughing at the same time.

Lol. He must like that screaming chicken over the speakers.. That place is a joke compared to Neyland.

Our program is currently emerging from the worst 5-year period in the last 40 years. South Carolina is briefly riding the crest of the winningest period in its otherwise mediocre history. It is hardly surprising that Williams-Brice Stadium may temporarily be a more exciting venue. People tend to be a lot louder when their team is beating the unholy snot out of opponents.

All of this will change soon. Seismic stations at "Mount" Neyland are recording ominous activity. The sleeping giant will begin to clear its throat and erupt with full fury as Butch brings us back to national prominence.

Reactions: 1 person
Neyland will rock and roll heavy when we start winning more. The quiet days of Neyland are over. It's going to get louder and louder from now on.

Maybe I'm prejudiced but comparing the experience at WBS to Neyland is like comparing Kim Kardashian to Marilyn Monroe. Ones contrived and the other is a legend.

One is alive, hot and quite wealthy and the other has been moldering in her grave for the past 50 years?

I remember in the Arkansas game in 1998 it was cold, raining, and half the stadium was gone but it was one of the loudest games I have been to. Maybe the only two louder were 98 Florida and 06 Cal.

I haven't heard it anywhere near that loud at any game since. It has gotten a lot more quiet especially when down by a couple TDs. If you can speak to who is sitting next to you in a normal voice on 3rd down for the opposing team something is wrong!

Agree. I was at that miserable weather Arkansas game in Section VV with no cover and because the game really meant something to us, the Vol Fans were boisterous and noticeably loud. Just about any SEC stadium is louder than Neyland right now. I keep preaching on this site that Vol Fans need to sign a contract before entering the stadium that they will hoot and holler as much as they can for 60 minutes regardless of the score or, forfeit their seat.
If we expect the kids to give it their all for 60 minutes on the field, why shouldn't we fans be held accountable?

Last edited:
If you like listening to Sandstorm for 3 straight hours then it is.

WBS does have a good atmosphere but it's still somewhere in the middle of the road for SEC stadiums.

Reactions: 2 people
You didn't write that no matter the year NS had a better atmosphere? Because I'm looking at the quote right now. And I'm telling you that anyone who left at the end of the third quarter of UF or witnessed 30k Bama fans in Neyland will tell you that you are flat out wrong. And if you don't like being called names then don't attack the other poster or my reading skills.

OMG.

That Bama game was horrific. I swore I wouldn't go to another game after that unless Fulmer was fired.

I went to the Alabama vs South Carolina game, at SC (four years ago, when SC won). The stadium is alright, I found it very similar to the Titans stadium. That was a huge game for SC and I never found the stadium to be that crazy. Of course, it could have been the fact that they play the techno beat "Sandstorm" all the time and everyone jumps up and spins white towels. I found that to be extremely annoying...

Last edited:
The South Carolina and Georgia games last year would rank up there as the loudest...Both SC & Georgia players and coaches said it was the loudest they had ever heard..many had their hands over their ears.:loco:

Would agree with this. Neyland is loud when Vols are winning, but we get eerily quiet when the game starts slipping away.

As I imagine every other fan base in every other stadium do as well. Who loudly cheers when the issue is no longer in doubt and you are on the short end? :hi:

Neyland is the 8th wonder of the world. The ground will rumble as whispers from the east talk of an awakening, that will change the course of the world. It's heard its masters call. You will be able to hear the noise at the UF game from 100 miles away in all directions.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back