My brother says the atmosphere at WBS is better than Neyland.

Williams-Brice Stadium:
1. Their fight song is a show tune (Step to the Rear)
2. The team runs onto the field while they pipe in the song, 2001 Space Odyssey
3. Their mascot is a man wearing yellow tights in a Chicken Costume
4. They fire up the crowd by playing a recording of a rooster crowing over the PA.

Ask your brother why we should take them seriously!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
You're on a roll with dumb posts today. Record doesn't have much to do with it in this case. UGA and SC games last year were louder than probably any in the history of WBS.

They were loud because the fan base senses we are finally coming out of the wilderness. If you think record has nothing to do with the crowd noise then you obviously didn't go to a home game between 94-2002

Reactions: 1 person
Your brother may be right! There are ALOT of people sitting on their arses. There have been times in the last few years where it felt like a moment of silence in the third quarter because we were getting embarrassed.

I personally would never:

1)be a cock fan
2) be that stupid (no offense)
Yea the "How "bout those Cocks!!!" cheer would be enough to get me a rapid transfer to Myrtle Beach Auto Body & Fender Repair College ... until I could transfer somewhere decent like AIU Massage School.

They were loud because the fan base senses we are finally coming out of the wilderness. If you think record has nothing to do with the crowd noise then you obviously didn't go to a home game between 94-2002

Reading skills are important. I stated "in this case" because no matter what year you're talking about our atmosphere tops WBS.

Your brother may be right! There are ALOT of people sitting on their arses. There have been times in the last few years where it felt like a moment of silence in the third quarter because we were getting embarrassed.

It all starts with the student section and is contagious from there. When we have a team and student body that for the most part have not seen a winning season, bowl game or have felt anything close to what we have in years past a certain amount of apathy can be expected.

With that said, we are almost there and once we start putting a respectable product on the field the fans will get loud again. What is sad is there were a few close losses at home that a fully engaged crowd might have been the thing that would have moved the needle in our favor.

1382228706001-football-tennessee-scarolina.jpg

It all starts with the student section and is contagious from there. When we have a team and student body that for the most part have not seen a winning season, bowl game or have felt anything close to what we have in years past a certain amount of apathy can be expected.

With that said, we are almost there and once we start putting a respectable product on the field the fans will get loud again. What is sad is there were a few close losses at home that a fully engaged crowd might have been the thing that would have moved the needle in our favor.

Definitely agree with the part about the student section. I was really pleased to see a lot of kids who appeared to be student age at the open practice. They were very engaged.

You're on a roll with dumb posts today. Record doesn't have much to do with it in this case. UGA and SC games last year were louder than probably any in the history of WBS.

You can single out certain games, but getting embarrassed at home by Bama, Auburn, Oregon, Vandy, and even Wyoming makes a bad atmosphere. SC has been one of the better teams in the country over the last several years. I'm assuming winning equals good atmosphere .

Save UGA and SC games last year, I'd agree. But when Neyland WANTS to be loud, nope.

Its very loud when they pipe in the music and get the students going with the white towels, but that's artificial and has to stop when the opposing offense comes to the LOS. Loud is when its true crowd noise to the point where the opposing team is getting delay calls or calling time outs because they can't communicate. Have been to WBS at least 8 times and have never seen that. Now Neyland on the other hand...been a while but the last time Florida came in it was close to the good old days at least in the first half.

Also, it hasn't been mentioned yet, but SC plays sandstorm CONSTANTLY in the stadium. Like every other play it seems...

Its very loud when they pipe in the music and get the students going with the white towels, but that's artificial and has to stop when the opposing offense comes to the LOS. Loud is when its true crowd noise to the point where the opposing team is getting delay calls or calling time outs because they can't communicate. Have been to WBS at least 8 times and have never seen that. Now Neyland on the other hand...been a while but the last time Florida came in it was close to the good old days at least in the first half.

Cal's QB after the shellacking in 06 said "Its static noise, you cannot hear anything on the field....nothing. I have never experienced anything quite like it"

Can't say that I agree but I will say that when the Gamecocks were 0-11 and back in the days of the mullet QB Taneyhill, that place was sold out and it was loud.

If we were ranked as high as Scar we would have the better atmosphere.

Cal's QB after the shellacking in 06 said "Its static noise, you cannot hear anything on the field....nothing. I have never experienced anything quite like it"

Yeah that was a great game and great payback. What a difference Coach Cut made in our O that year.

Reading skills are important. I stated "in this case" because no matter what year you're talking about our atmosphere tops WBS.

Right. And I went to both Athens and SC during Fulmers final and Neyland was a graveyard compared to them. Maybe you should try some "reading skills" of your own instead of being such a prick.

Reactions: 3 people
Right. And I went to both Athens and SC during Fulmers final and Neyland was a graveyard compared to them. Maybe you should try some "reading skills" of your own instead of being such a prick.

Since when does 2008 have anything to do with WBS having a better atmosphere than Neyland? It's obvious the OP is about the present. You can throw out mean names all you like. It doesn't make you less wrong.

I remember in the Arkansas game in 1998 it was cold, raining, and half the stadium was gone but it was one of the loudest games I have been to. Maybe the only two louder were 98 Florida and 06 Cal.

I haven't heard it anywhere near that loud at any game since. It has gotten a lot more quiet especially when down by a couple TDs. If you can speak to who is sitting next to you in a normal voice on 3rd down for the opposing team something is wrong!

Cal in '06 was maybe the most fun I've ever had in Neyland, and I was there in school for '96 through '00. It had something to do with the arrogance of the Cal fans and the surprising ferocity of the ensuing beat down. Man, that was a good time!

Edit: Also whiskey. It had a lot to do with whiskey.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back