MSU vs USC

Absolutely. SC might have beat UConn -- but they wouldn't have been able to cut off the passing lanes the way MSU did, and that was the biggest key to their success. Vic and MSU should get a giant "Thank You" from the SC players and staff for taking UConn out. I think that MSU was really a tougher matchup for UConn. Dawn hasn't had much luck outcoaching Geno. But she had a proven game plan for beating MSU. Plus, as noted, had the SC players gone up against an undefeated UConn they might not have been confident enough to beat them. But they KNEW that they could beat MSU. Vic made it clear that he would rather have been playing somebody else in the Final besides the team he hasn't been able to beat in 8 tries over the last few years.

Center of the bulls eye.^^^^

There were those that said beating a team like Miss St three times in a season would be very hard to do. I don't subscribe to that rationale. If a team can beat another team twice in a season, why would a third time really be any different? March-ups and confidence were the deciding factors and USC had both on their side.

Reactions: 1 person
There were those that said beating a team like Miss St three times in a season would be very hard to do. I don't subscribe to that rationale. If a team can beat another team twice in a season, why would a third time really be any different? March-ups and confidence were the deciding factors and USC had both on their side.

Notre Dame vs Connecticut in 2011 where UConn was 3-0 but lost in the national semis and the reverse in 2013 where UConn lost three prior matchups but won the fourth in the national semis. Same with TAMU losing to Baylor 3x in the regular season and beating them in the E8 in 2010. There's a precedent to be wary of these situations. The team with the losing record can gamble with new tactics, and the team with the winning record may take them lightly. SC did just the opposite.

Reactions: 1 person
I was hard for ms state to come off that High of uconn and so much energy was used emotionally

VN Store

Back