MSU vs USC

Yep agreed! Now she is also going to get early looks at all the top recruits in the USA basketball system from 13 on up because she is the head coach :ermm: and she and MSU along with everyone else can negative recruit against Tennessee using the what have they done lately while she shows off a big ring and a 2017 national title :banghead2:

Olivia Nelson-Ododa must be looking at A'ja right now and thinking, "That could be me!"

I suspect that Dawn's going to get a lot more 2018 recruits adding SC to their "considering" list.

Reactions: 1 person
UConn started their NC streak because Louisville beat Baylor. If Baylor hadn't lost that game and went on to win the NC, who knows if Stewart would have ever gained the confidence she did to become such a great player.

Damn Shoni Schimmel...

I thought it was Holly's fault. :p

Reactions: 2 people
Doubtful it's their best team ! That 02 team was LEGIT!! That team was almost on par with the 98' UT team they didn't give opponents a sniff of hope!

Good point. I forgot about that team. That was the most ruthless basketball team I've ever seen.

Yep agreed! Now she is also going to get early looks at all the top recruits in the USA basketball system from 13 on up because she is the head coach :ermm: and she and MSU along with everyone else can negative recruit against Tennessee using the what have they done lately while she shows off a big ring and a 2017 national title :banghead2:

lately? Well they beat Usc on the road for starters.

He's sending a couple of messages. He yanked Victoria after that 35 foot launch. McCowan has been in and out as well.
Vic got a little too big for his britches in this game. Players win games, not cute coaching moves. You don't sit the heart an soul of your team. He wouldn't have sniffed the final game without itty bitty. Glad he lost after sitting her a whole quarter.

I think we can kiss that #1 recruit good bye if she was wavering between us and SC

Vic got a little too big for his britches in this game. Players win games, not cute coaching moves. You don't sit the heart an soul of your team. He wouldn't have sniffed the final game without itty bitty. Glad he lost after sitting her a whole quarter.

It's hard to say. It worked for him getting Victoria's head back on straight when he benched her at the start of the tournament. I hate it for Morgan, because she provided so many of the highlights of the tournament, but I think he knew what was at stake and was ok with it.

I just can't help but wonder what's going through the minds our coaching staff and players when watching two SEC teams (that we beat) battle it out for the NC. This has to light a fire under them to work tirelessly to bring back our winning ways and championship culture. I hope Holly has a handle on next years team and what it will take to get over the hump rather than just "playing hard" and "making plays."

two of SC's players are eligible for the draft as they like Diamond sat out a year after they transferred.

all good folks. now we only need to sleep for about seven months! as we boarders are without any new fodder other than pondering possible recruits.

go LVs

two of SC's players are eligible for the draft as they like Diamond sat out a year after they transferred.

all good folks. now we only need to sleep for about seven months! as we boarders are without any new fodder other than pondering possible recruits.

go LVs

Which ones?

First off coach Vic Schaefer is America's Nr. 1 AHOLE!

MS rode Morgan William to the Final and this ignorant coach sits her in the 4th quarter to send a message?

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Coach Dawn Staley you're a better coach than that Vic character and I congratulate you and your Gamecocks.

Job well done.

GOSEC!

Morgan Williams looked ill when they talked to her at half time. She certainly seemed off her game but could have just been tired. Anyone know? I really felt sorry for her.

South Carolina guard (Cuavos ) had her out of the game mentally. Face guarding and not letting her get the ball . She had stopped competing and probably exhausted from previous games?

But I agree with him sitting her because she was not giving all she could! The others were trying harder but got beat by a better team on that night. I hope we can finally have enough players that if they start tanking their effort...... try somebody else! I would rather lose with someone giving there best than some of the efforts we have played with against lesser team . And we know what teams they are!!!

Olivia Nelson-Ododa must be looking at A'ja right now and thinking, "That could be me!"

I suspect that Dawn's going to get a lot more 2018 recruits adding SC to their "considering" list.

She (coach) will be telling Ododa to come take Wilsons place and bring them more national championships! What can we tell her ??? Come join our fabulous freshmen!

She (coach) will be telling Ododa to come take Wilsons place and bring them more national championships! What can we tell her ??? Come join our fabulous freshmen!

Dawn can offer her a starting spot and promise of being the centerpiece of a team coming off a National Championship. Her incoming group of recruits are good complimentary pieces to build around a star like Olivia.

Holly will need a better sales pitch to top that.

After the miss St coach said Geno was best coach of all time I said some choice words flipped him off and said go SC in title game

Reactions: 4 people
We'll never know, of course, but South Carolina caught a break when State ensured they wouldn't have to meet Conn in the final.

Seems like SC always plays tight against Conn, but their history of regularly beating MSU was a huge advantage for SC and a huge mental disadvantage to an already emotionally spent State team.

Absolutely. SC might have beat UConn -- but they wouldn't have been able to cut off the passing lanes the way MSU did, and that was the biggest key to their success. Vic and MSU should get a giant "Thank You" from the SC players and staff for taking UConn out. I think that MSU was really a tougher matchup for UConn. Dawn hasn't had much luck outcoaching Geno. But she had a proven game plan for beating MSU. Plus, as noted, had the SC players gone up against an undefeated UConn they might not have been confident enough to beat them. But they KNEW that they could beat MSU. Vic made it clear that he would rather have been playing somebody else in the Final besides the team he hasn't been able to beat in 8 tries over the last few years.

I didn't realize but A'ja has a lot of upper body strength. Crazy how her pops made her work out with a weighted vest! Boy did that pay off. Wide and strong body she has. She make the jump into the pro's well.

After the miss St coach said Geno was best coach of all time I said some choice words flipped him off and said go SC in title game

It's true! I love Pat as much as anyone....but Geno will break all of her records she has left....Pat took the women's game to another level and will always be remembered for that but Geno has taken the women's game to an even higher level that no one has been able to top yet or meet him

VN Store

Back