Movies you've seen recently II

Well, that's a hell of a pivot. You went from "very few" to "a lot" in one post. Emma Stone's first big break was 17 years ago, BTW. Not sure if that counts as "newer" or not, for you.

Having such strong negative opinions about the work of entertainers certainly isn't setting you apart from 15 YO's. Most grown men don't care enough to beef with Zendaya.

I dont have a beef with zendya, i just dont care for her. People ask me why, i tell them.

I was clarifying. Yeah, i know she's been around, she's a decent actress.

I dont have a beef with zendya, i just dont care for her. People ask me why, i tell them.

I was clarifying. Yeah, i know she's been around, she's a decent actress.

This is what you volunteered. You're saying she's so bad she must be blackmailing. This isn't "I don't care for her and people probe me." This is you expressing a strong negative opinion, just like I said. This is exactly what 15 YO's do.

I heard it's great... even despite haing zendaya in the movie. Of all the actresses to pick from and the pick her. She must have a lot of dirt on hollywood

This is what you volunteered. You're saying she's so bad she must be blackmailing. This isn't "I don't care for her and people probe me." This is you expressing a strong negative opinion, just like I said. This is exactly what 15 YO's do.
Damn man…. You’re worse than some old naggin’ hag. I bet you argue with yourself in your sleep

Road House 2024. 4/10. Disappointing. Acting is subpar. Jake Gyllenhaal is okay, but everyone else is just bad. Fight scenes are decent but that's the only redeeming quality. Writing is childish and over the top. Just silly sometimes. Somewhat follows the original which is much, much better btw. Have that one on standby to cleanse the palate. Yeah, it's got McGregor. Roided out and struttin'. Almost a cartoon character. Just another sequel that fell short...way short of the original. Don't waste your time.

Road House 2024. 4/10. Disappointing. Acting is subpar. Jake Gyllenhaal is okay, but everyone else is just bad. Fight scenes are decent but that's the only redeeming quality. Writing is childish and over the top. Just silly sometimes. Somewhat follows the original which is much, much better btw. Have that one on standby to cleanse the palate. Yeah, it's got McGregor. Roided out and struttin'. Almost a cartoon character. Just another sequel that fell short...way short of the original. Don't waste your time.
Does Gyllenhaal ever say, "Pain don't hurt," ????

Does a biker guy tell him, "I used to f*** guys like you in prison!" in the middle of a fight scene ????

LOL!!!! Road House is a classic example of a guilty pleasure. Dumb as dirt .... but fun.

Reactions: Pennheel
Does Gyllenhaal ever say, "Pain don't hurt," ????

Does a biker guy tell him, "I used to f*** guys like you in prison!" in the middle of a fight scene ????

LOL!!!! Road House is a classic example of a guilty pleasure. Dumb as dirt .... but fun.
Not that I recall, but he grins a lot and shows off the results of his training camp to prepare for the role. Plenty of cheesy dialogue to go around tho.

Watched "The Swimmer" last night. Had never watched the full movie, only having viewed some scenes from the end of it decades ago.

Stars Burt Lancaster. Acting debut for a number of women including Joan Rivers and Dianna Muldaur. Burt reportedly said this was, or was one of, his favorite movie to make.

I finally got around to watching the Flash movie, and it was much better than I was expecting. Probably one of the better superhero movies in a long time.

Godzilla x Kong 6/10. For what it is, it’s great. Big. Loud. Even colorful. Like a Transformers movie only with a somewhat cohesive plot.

VN Store

Back