Movies you've seen recently II

I forget our resident horror guys name with the exorcist avatar, but I saw Anything for Jackson. Great unknown horror movie. Would love to get him back in here for more recs.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Watched Poor Things on Amazon Prime last night. It's very long and very weird. Emma Stone makes the movie work, however. She is talented and fearless. Will probably win another Academy Award on Sunday for this.

8/10

Poor Things 7/10 drug in the middle but beautifully visually and yes Stone won an oscar, deservedly so

Dune 2 9.9/10 up there with the best sequels ever made

Ricky Stanicky 6/10 exactly what you would expect. Had some cheap laughs. John Cena does an insane Owen Wilson impression.

I forget our resident horror guys name with the exorcist avatar, but I saw Anything for Jackson. Great unknown horror movie. Would love to get him back in here for more recs.
Would also like some unknown horror flicks. I added anything for Jackson to my list. My wife and I love watching horror movies.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Would also like some unknown horror flicks. I added anything for Jackson to my list. My wife and I love watching horror movies.
Been diving deep on them recently. If you like Evil Dead, The Cleansing Hour was shockingly clever (starts out very corny). Fresh with Sebastian Stan was very good. If you like horror comedy, Totally Killer is a great spin on slashers. And if you can do foreign, When Evil Lurks is top tier horror. Hope that helps!

Arthur the King - 7/10. I don’t know how true it stays to the actual story, but it’s about a heroic dog and it’s a pretty good movie.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
Please support independent art. I am friends with one of the producers of this movie. It looks really good and was a big hit at Cannes. For all the people complaining Hollywood doesn't make anything original, this is your jam, and it's PG-13. Looks like a more serious type of Goonies movie. I can't see it in AZ until April, but you guys can see it Friday at Central Cinema in Knoxville.

New roadhouse, just wasn't good to me. Just couldn't see him as a Dalton type, story was everywhere, action unbelievable. Connor was funny watching, that walk made the movie, but just not for me. I may watch again one day 🤣

New roadhouse, just wasn't good to me. Just couldn't see him as a Dalton type, story was everywhere, action unbelievable. Connor was funny watching, that walk made the movie, but just not for me. I may watch again one day 🤣
I liked it for what it was. It's super corny and unbelievable but not the worst 2 hours I've spent on a movie.

Please support independent art. I am friends with one of the producers of this movie. It looks really good and was a big hit at Cannes. For all the people complaining Hollywood doesn't make anything original, this is your jam, and it's PG-13. Looks like a more serious type of Goonies movie. I can't see it in AZ until April, but you guys can see it Friday at Central Cinema in Knoxville.

Solid reviews on Letterboxd.

Letterboxd: Riddle of Fire (2023)

1000011088.jpg

I liked it for what it was. It's super corny and unbelievable but not the worst 2 hours I've spent on a movie.
I enjoyed it for what it was. The movie should have been titled another name and not been made as a "remake". The only thing it had in common with the older version, was the name of the main character and a bar.

I enjoyed it for what it was. The movie should have been titled another name and not been made as a "remake". The only thing it had in common with the older version, was the name of the main character and a bar.
This is how I felt about the Miami Vice movie. I thought it was ok, but it wasn’t what I tuned in to see. Had it been called something else I would have probably liked it more

That's what I heard about it. If it had been called something else,it'd been a good action movie. Of course I haven't watched it. It's hard to measure to an old cult classic like "Roadhouse "

Watched Poor Things on Amazon Prime last night. It's very long and very weird. Emma Stone makes the movie work, however. She is talented and fearless. Will probably win another Academy Award on Sunday for this.

8/10

I don't like many actresses, she's one of the very few that I like

Ill say, i dont like many newer actresses. There are alot actresses that I like but not many of the newer ones. That's because i dont have the judgement of a 15yr old like some.

Well, that's a hell of a pivot. You went from "very few" to "a lot" in one post. Emma Stone's first big break was 17 years ago, BTW. Not sure if that counts as "newer" or not, for you.

Having such strong negative opinions about the work of entertainers certainly isn't setting you apart from 15 YO's. Most grown men don't care enough to beef with Zendaya.

VN Store

Back