Movies with TN football in it

I hope everyone mentioning the Taratino movies realizes that he was born in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope everyone mentioning the Taratino movies realizes that he was born in Knoxville.

So is Boobs Boobowski from Mad Men :boobies:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In the remake of dirty dancing.. The main guy tells his friend (when he meets him) that he should try wearing some orange because so people could see him with all the camp on.. In which the kid replies
"I don't wear orange.. I'm a Georgia bulldog"
That's a reference to us.. And the kid that says it kinda looks like peyton

I heard that "the John Gruden Story" on A&E is going to be filmed in Knoxville. Just what I heard:eek:hmy:

Not related to TN football but in the John Wayne movie Sands of Iwo Jima Smithville TN is mentioned. Also calls TN the volunteer state and the best state in the union.

Old reference I know but nice to have my hole in the wall hometown mentioned in a movie.

Reactions: 2 people
In the movie the Junction boys Tn is mentioned by Bear Bryant saying he played against Tn for 3 qtrs with a broken leg

Good call! They filmed a few plays at halftime. I was at the game (Williams Brice), and they had to attempt the "game winning pass" a few times because they dropped it. Kinda like my brother and I playing in the backyard as kids... The biggest thing I remember about that game was we lost. It was the first game that I went to that UT did not win. I remember watching the movie later on and thinking how cool it was to see the UT sections in the stadium. If I remember correctly, you saw the most orange on an Omar Epps punt return.

23 UT 24 USCe. Halloween game.

I have heard that Johnny Butler clip was used in several old movies. Just don't know which ones.

VN Store

Back