Movies with TN football in it

Movie: The Program was filmed at a USCe Vols game. You can see UT fans in the stadium.

I was at that game where they filmed the football scenes at USCe in 1992! I've never seen the movie but saw some clips where u can see orange in the stands. In one of Burt Reynolds car chasing movies he stopped in TN to get gas as asks the attendant "so how do you think those Tennessee Vols are going to do this year?" The attendant looks like something the cat threw up & says "I don't give a &$:mad:& about the Tennessee Vols" (Bama fan no doubt)
Also, the series David Keith was in a few yrs back called "The Class"
Had a UT Football helmet in the bookcase at his house. It was visible a lot

Not a movie, not Tennessee, and not football, so in essence, totally unrelated to this thread. But Mr. Belding had a picture of the UTC basketball team in his office. BAM! I just dropped some saved by bell knowledge on volnation.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a movie, not Tennessee, and not football, so in essence, totally unrelated to this thread. But Mr. Belding had a picture of the UTC basketball team in his office. BAM! I just dropped some saved by bell knowledge on volnation.

Kelly Kapowski likes this post.

Reactions: 3 people

On a similar note didn't the opening credits of Coach have a football showing them beating Chattanooga?

I remember seeing Smokey in one of those scenes.

It's not directly related to UT, but Quentin Tarantino has thrown some Knoxville references in his movies.

I noticed that as well. The Brad Pitt character in "Inglourious Basterds" is from Seymour and the Bruce Willis part in "Pulp Fiction" is from Knoxville.

Not a movie...but was watching House Hunters on HG network, and one of the houses being looked at outside of Dallas, Tx had a framed Eric Berry jersey and Neyland Stadium print on the wall. They should have bought the house and negotiated to keep the artwork.

Reactions: 1 person

Yes he did. Dennis is a good friend of mine and still comes home to chattanooga a few times a year. He is still a strong supporter of UTC and very proud.

Reactions: 1 person
Movie: The Program was filmed at a USCe Vols game. You can see UT fans in the stadium.

Good call! They filmed a few plays at halftime. I was at the game (Williams Brice), and they had to attempt the "game winning pass" a few times because they dropped it. Kinda like my brother and I playing in the backyard as kids... The biggest thing I remember about that game was we lost. It was the first game that I went to that UT did not win. I remember watching the movie later on and thinking how cool it was to see the UT sections in the stadium. If I remember correctly, you saw the most orange on an Omar Epps punt return.

Reactions: 2 people
Ironman 3

1899990_10102043716861915_85736841_n.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently Tarantino's Death Proof was set in Lebanon and Tennessee Stud by Johnny Cash was in Jackie Brown.

WW and the Dixie Dance Kings
WW (Burt Reynolds)- How about them Vols
Gas station attendant- I don't give a dawg bout no Tennessee Vols.
Something like that anyway. Old movie that I haven't seen in years. Reynolds was dating Dinah Shore at the time and they would frequent UT games.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back