More Small Ball this Coming Season?

Kasongo I agree. But mcghee's role was to play physical, so I can't really count that. Reese wasn't that awful. I remember some good games from him. Hubbs was ok before the knee surgery , jmo.

Hubbs has never been even an average defender, he's had 3 different head coaches basically say "When Hubbs is in the game teams go directly at him".

I think the 75ppg we averaged scoring likely goes down, I agree with that, where I disagree is that you don't think we improve defensively on the 75ppg we allowed.

Barnes resorted to playing Woodson big minutes because some guys just refused to buy in defensively, and with only 9 scholarship players competition to force guys to play defense wasn't there, I don't see that being an issue this upcoming season.

Right here.

Where in my OP did I specifically mention Hubbs not buying in? I also mentioned the fact of only having 9 scholarship players thus forcing Barnes' hand a bit, but you conveniently ignored that portion.

Yeah, but you said players didn't buy in. Which players didn't buy in? Kasongo was the only one I saw.

He didn't even directly say it, he showed it.

By the substitutions he made in a few of the games and the way he gave out minutes in said games.

Some guys rode the pine when they would typically be playing.

In regards to Hubbs you could make a strong argument he didn't buy in by choosing not to play a few games with what was deemed to be a minor injury (a bruise). Barnes even said Hubbs not playing in those games he missed was a personal choice, that he could play if he wanted.

There were also a ton of arguments last season on this board about whether or not guys were completely bought into Barne's system and if they were motivated or demotivated aka not bought in.

Bruin specifically brought it up numerous times.

Edit: quoted my own post, meant to reply to Dallas asking how.

I don't think barnes is keying on small ball I just think he has to make the most of it currently I believe he will get more into size when he can

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think barnes is keying on small ball I just think he has to make the most of it currently I believe he will get more into size when he can

Thomas and Uyaelumno will make a huge difference fr a fans perspective. If Barnes can pull that off.

VN Store

Back