Money Money Money

If your section for the Florida game is wearing white are you buying clothing for it?

• Total voters
I can really tell your from DICKson, TN. You went on a rant saying I was b!tc*ing while you were b!tc*ing about not getting to go to the game

yes I did... I made the choice to attend my son's middle school championship football game and complained about the morons who scheduled it for Saturday during college football season instead of complaining about attending the biggest game of the year for this team,having to sit in the white section,having to buy another shirt and starting a thread about it,wondering if it was money grab by the university...

perspective,use it some time...

Reactions: 1 person
Checkering the stadium is a cool idea. And if it works it will look sick, pump-up our players and crowd, and give UT national attention.

But I think the AD's eye's got big when they saw this opportunity. As soon as I heard the idea to checker the stadium, I prayed that I was in an orange section. 90% of all my Vols clothing is mostly orange, and I would guess that's the same for most fans. Since my white shirts are short sleeved and the high on Saturday is 62 now and has dropped every day I've checked it. I'll have to buy something. I think this is the main reason that the University has accepted this idea so well.

If your in a white section for the game, do you have to buy a new shirt, sweat shirt, etc for this game

keep an eye out for the black helicopters also.... Geez.

A little off topic, but can anyone tell me where I can purchase UT apparell in XLT, extra large tall. I'm 6'6" and 260 lbs. I need the extra length. Yes I can bulk up and play DT or OT. :)

With that cap suggestion, you just added a whole layer of anxiety. It's like the ushers are going to be taking away season tickets if they find people without Power Ts on their shirts and caps.

:hi:

OP is onto something here.

UTAD is clearly conspiring with Freyr to make it cool so people have to buy stuff.

Wait, this was fan driven?

Well then clearly the "fan driven" idea is clearly a scheme by Adidas to get people to, in their final year, buy a lot of Adidas gear.

That's it. It's all Adidas and that a-hole Freyr. All just a ponzi scheme.

But seriously.

Could OP be more of a blueblood? Next up:

"This game was so loud. It had to be a scheme by the hearing aid industry of the US. Why did we have to win? I can't hear and it's monday. I have to listen to my morning radio shows telling me what conspiracy to buy into."

OP is onto something here.

UTAD is clearly conspiring with Freyr to make it cool so people have to buy stuff.

Wait, this was fan driven?

Well then clearly the "fan driven" idea is clearly a scheme by Adidas to get people to, in their final year, buy a lot of Adidas gear.

That's it. It's all Adidas and that a-hole Freyr. All just a ponzi scheme.

But seriously.

Could OP be more of a blueblood? Next up:

"This game was so loud. It had to be a scheme by the hearing aid industry of the US. Why did we have to win? I can't hear and it's monday. I have to listen to my morning radio shows telling me what conspiracy to buy into."

The University rarely follows through on the fans idea's.

Checkering the stadium really isn't gonna do anything other than look cool. If the players need the crowd to look cool to provide extra motivation to pump them up to play against Florida then we're screwed. And if the fans going to the game need any extra motivation to Cheer load. Then they should probly sell their tickets.

Everything the University does is about making money. As a result they want the team to do well. The more we win, the more merchandise we sell. And ticket prices rise.

The poll shows 71.5% of people that voted on this poll in the white section are buying something for this game. I wish I would have made an option for UT clothing in specific. These are people that love the Vols enough to sign up for Volnation and be a part of the fan base. So if they're having to buy something, to me that means most will.

Half of 102,255 is 51,127.5(that means someone is gonna wear half white half orange lol). The poll shows 71.5% of people will buy something but lets say only 60% of the 51,127 people sup post to wear white buy something and only 50% of those people buy Tennessee shirts thats 15,338 people that will buy clothing that that the university has a TM on so some of that money goes to the university. If 15,338 pay $10 for a shirt that's $153,382(Not all of this goes to the University but they get a piece) that probly wouldn't have happened if not for the Checkering the stadium.

I'm not sure it's really going to matter, as I don't see this working as well as envisioned. Way too many people to pull this one off.

It works at BBall games because the teams are able to give out 15,000 shirts.

Just beat Florida for goodness sakes!

Haha. I like how everyone is saying it will be cold at 62. Is already below freezing here in alaska and I'm still in tee shirts and flip flops. And yes I would buy a white TN shirt if I was going to the game. I believe you can't have enought TN gear.

yes I did... I made the choice to attend my son's middle school championship football game and complained about the morons who scheduled it for Saturday during college football season instead of complaining about attending the biggest game of the year for this team,having to sit in the white section,having to buy another shirt and starting a thread about it,wondering if it was money grab by the university...

perspective,use it some time...

Sorry, I didn't understand you correctly. You need some tickets? I got extra.

I'm going to my son's game....no possible way to make both,fortunately or unfortunately,depending on what time of the day it is I guess... he comes 1st,
and he wouldnt forgive me if I went without him,he always attends with me

I'm going to my son's game....no possible way to make both,fortunately or unfortunately,depending on what time of the day it is I guess... he comes 1st,
and he wouldnt forgive me if I went without him,he always attends with me

Good luck to your son's team!

And I guess in the end this was a good game for a noon kickoff, for you anyway. 11 am your time; over by 2:30-ish; at least you can watch it on TV instead of crouched over a cell phone at the MS game. Sorry you two can't be in Neyland though (neither can I.) GBO :rock:

PS: You're racking up some Dad Points, at any rate.

Good luck to your son's team!

And I guess in the end this was a good game for a noon kickoff, for you anyway. 11 am your time; over by 2:30-ish; at least you can watch it on TV instead of crouched over a cell phone at the MS game. Sorry you two can't be in Neyland though (neither can I.) GBO :rock:

PS: You're racking up some Dad Points, at any rate.

still not happy about it... more ticked off at the scheduler than anyone... and at last weeks game,everyone knew I wasnt happy about it...lol but thank you,we'll need it,we play the only team to beat us this year...

still not happy about it... more ticked off at the scheduler than anyone... and at last weeks game,everyone knew I wasnt happy about it...lol but thank you,we'll need it,we play the only team to beat us this year...

Scheduler is a Vandy fan, IMO. :eek:k: They'd do anything to avoid having to go to a game.

I hope Volnation can pull this off. Hate to say it, but it think this idea was taken from OU. They had their stadium checkered. It did look cool.

His issue is that it's going to be freezing cold that day.

Actually it'll be about 30 degrees above freezing...But yeah, I'd just us it as an excuse to buy a white UT sweatshirt or hoodie. Can never have enough VOL gear.

I hope Volnation can pull this off. Hate to say it, but it think this idea was taken from OU. They had their stadium checkered. It did look cool.

OU was striped I believe. The checkered thing is unique because of the in-zones

Or, that's what I thought....

VN Store

Back