Money Money Money

If your section for the Florida game is wearing white are you buying clothing for it?

• Total voters
Like I told a guy at work yesterday.

What vol fan does not have one primarily white UT shirt and one primarily orange UT shirt?

Reactions: 1 person
Checkering the stadium is a cool idea. And if it works it will look sick, pump-up our players and crowd, and give UT national attention.

But I think the AD's eye's got big when they saw this opportunity. As soon as I heard the idea to checker the stadium, I prayed that I was in an orange section. 90% of all my Vols clothing is mostly orange, and I would guess that's the same for most fans. Since my white shirts are short sleeved and the high on Saturday is 62 now and has dropped every day I've checked it. I'll have to buy something. I think this is the main reason that the University has accepted this idea so well.

If your in a white section for the game, do you have to buy a new shirt, sweat shirt, etc for this game

"Dear Jesus, I know we have not spoken since I last prayed for that starburst to be cherry and not lemon...but, if it's not too much to ask, could you please find it in your will to let my section be orange for the Florida game. I do not own a white shirt. In your name, Amen."

Reactions: 2 people
In the future when I'm wearing what ever I wear to the game Saturday. I don't want my lucky shirt that I wore the first time Tennessee beat Florida in ten years to be a plain white tee shirt.

I guess its only weird if it doesnt work"... heres to you Mr unfortunately sitting in the white section while freezing in 62 degree temps man...

Last edited:
For anyone who shares the op's concerns and who has to pass through nashville on their way to Knoxville Saturday morning let me know and I'll meet you somewhere between the bellevue and Madison exits and spray paint you. I've got a lot of cans of white Krylon from an unfinished patio furniture touch up job. Not sure of it's insulative properties but it's supposed to hold up in all weather types. Bring your own eye protection.

Reactions: 6 people
I have a white adidas sideline polo from a few years back. A few extra swings of whiskey should offset the temperature. GBO

Ditto this, completely. I too have a white sideline polo from a few years ago (also have an orange and gray one from same year). And I too will be taking extra swigs of whiskey, but not for the temperature.

I may get one of those white Ping pullovers, only because I've been wanting one and this seems like a perfect excuse.

OP you should add a line to the poll. I have white, but will likely be buying some white UT gear for my wife.

I have heard that most of the vendors will have white shirts (long sleeve and sweatshirts) on game day for decent prices, but "decent" on game day can sometimes mean something different than what a guy is expecting.

OP you should add a line to the poll. I have white, but will likely be buying some white UT gear for my wife.

I have to buy orange for my wife. She's a wildcat but has bravely volunteered to come yell at the Gators with me this weekend.

Checkering the stadium is a cool idea. And if it works it will look sick, pump-up our players and crowd, and give UT national attention.

But I think the AD's eye's got big when they saw this opportunity. As soon as I heard the idea to checker the stadium, I prayed that I was in an orange section. 90% of all my Vols clothing is mostly orange, and I would guess that's the same for most fans. Since my white shirts are short sleeved and the high on Saturday is 62 now and has dropped every day I've checked it. I'll have to buy something. I think this is the main reason that the University has accepted this idea so well.

If your in a white section for the game, do you have to buy a new shirt, sweat shirt, etc for this game

Should've started a 'prayers needed' thread.

But I think the AD's eye's got big when they saw this opportunity. As soon as I heard the idea to checker the stadium, I prayed that I was in an orange section. 90% of all my Vols clothing is mostly orange, and I would guess that's the same for most fans. Since my white shirts are short sleeved and the high on Saturday is 62 now and has dropped every day I've checked it. I'll have to buy something. I think this is the main reason that the University has accepted this idea so well. If your in a white section for the game, do you have to buy a new shirt, sweat shirt, etc for this game

Do not be a "Cheap Charlie" buy a white-t at Alumni Hall. Are you a Vols Fan or not?

does anyone know where the chart is for the stadium?

checker-neyland-seating-chart-570x737.jpeg

Are they fleece lined? The temperature is going to be in the low 60s.

Since the OP is getting fleeced, might as well use it for warmth.

Also, hear the Florida fan are coming in their woolen jorts. UT Med might want to pass out some salve.

Reactions: 3 people
A true fan would have at least one white Tennessee shirt and one orange Tennessee shirt. Just sayin'

Jesus, you guys sounds like a 16 year old girl picking out a prom dress. It's simple wear a plain white shirt. While you at it go ahead and pick up a white cap, those orange caps will mess up the checkerboard.

Jesus, you guys sounds like a 16 year old girl picking out a prom dress. It's simple wear a plain white shirt. While you at it go ahead and pick up a white cap, those orange caps will mess up the checkerboard.

With that cap suggestion, you just added a whole layer of anxiety. It's like the ushers are going to be taking away season tickets if they find people without Power Ts on their shirts and caps.

A true fan would have at least one white Tennessee shirt and one orange Tennessee shirt. Just sayin'

I own neither. Seriously, I don't think I own a single shirt with a logo on it that I wear to games, yet I've somehow managed.

VN Store

Back