Monday Press conference (merged)

Oline doing fairly decent job

Still believes in the them

Mahoney doing a great job

Comments like these just blow his credibility. Nobody thinks the O-line is doing a decent job and few would give Mahoney props. O-line is one of the worst in the country and Worley is the sack king because of them. Why not admit the problem and outline steps for improvement? No quick fix, but gotta do something.

Reactions: 4 people
He said we aren't running the read option. He then went on to say next year before the presser he will do 10 minutes with the media to view game film to show them what they are doing. He said he was serious about that.

I guess the read option questions have become redundantly annoying.

Okay. I'll take him at face value here. Where did we get the notion that we are a running a zone read (option)?

if we aren't runn7ng that system, are we just running a "delayed handoff from shotgun" offense?

Im not a football scholar and i am totally serious in hoping someone can help me understand.

Let's just call it the Offense That Doesn't Work (and never will with the players we field) since Jones doesn't want to clarify exactly what that crap is.

It's the slowest developing run play not named the draw. Yet, unlike the draw, you aren't attempting to draw the defense to run past the RB to sack the QB. It's just a slow developing run play that a middle school team can read as a hand off.

Reactions: 6 people
Okay. I'll take him at face value here. Where did we get the notion that we are a running a zone read (option)?

if we aren't runn7ng that system, are we just running a "delayed handoff from shotgun" offense?

Im not a football scholar and i am totally serious in hoping someone can help me understand.

Do a quick search and you will find numerous threads about thhe offense and what they are trying to accomplish.

Until there is some serious improvement in our OL, I'm not sure it matters what we run..

Do a quick search and you will find numerous threads about thhe offense and what they are trying to accomplish.

I have searched. I read online at other sites about zone read and zone read option. No one here seems to know whatbwe are running. Everyone is calling it ZR or ZRO. Butch said that is not what we are running.

Coach seemed agitated with media today. More of the same from him, the sayings, the cliches etc. Get to work boys!

Because as predicted, the pressure of losing close games no matter what the reason has started in Knoxville. It doesn't get any easier for him or that coaching staff from here on out. This fan base took a turn for the worse on Saturday and CBJ is feeling the immediate effects of it today. I hope for his sake and our sake, he wins one of those close ones this year and makes it to 6-6 at least.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow, what did Harris do and how does that impact the game? Both UF scores were on Harris plays.

NM, guys-- I see the thread on that.

Let's just call it the Offense That Doesn't Work (and never will with the players we field) since Jones doesn't want to clarify exactly what that crap is.

He has clariefied it over and over again....Our fans insist on calling it a read option. He stated it was a read-option or just a running play based on how they called the blocking schemes. He stated the read-option has been run very few times this season. I would be pissed to still being asked about it as well.

Because as predicted, the pressure of losing close games no matter what the reason has started in Knoxville. It doesn't get any easier for him or that coaching staff from here on out. This fan base took a turn for the worse on Saturday and CBJ is feeling the immediate effects of it today. I hope for his sake and our sake, he wins one of those close ones this year and makes it to 6-6 at least.

He should be feeling the pressure. There is no excuse for the (no other word for it) incompetent offensive game played on Saturday. Butch better start paying attention to what his OC is and is not doing.

Reactions: 8 people

I agree with you. I myself am tired of hearing the same ole, same ole. I know we all want this team to succeed just tired of the sayings etc. like most are. I'm glad he is feeling some heat.

Reactions: 3 people
He has clariefied it over and over again....Our fans insist on calling it a read option. He stated it was a read-option or just a running play based on how they called the blocking schemes. He stated the read-option has been run very few times this season. I would be pissed to still being asked about it as well.

This helps. We don't run ZRO/RO/ZR as our base package. But our run plays are simply delayed handoff from shotgun and use the same formation as a ZR scheme. Is this correct?

I'd be more pissed that whatever crap I'm running isn't working. He needs to figure out what his offense is because apparently no one else can.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back