Monday Press conference (merged)

Yeah. He said dialing up a play call isn't a miracle fix. He basically said one or two people aren't doing their job and thats all it takes to ruin a play. He also said the immaturity of the offense showed big time during that game.

So he basically said it's not the coaching staff's job to identify deficiencies and scheme around that?

It's not the staffs job to get them prepared?

This is coming close to sounding like some of the stuff that was coming out in the previous HFC's era.

Seriously. Blame the players? Eff that.

Reactions: 7 people
So he basically said it's not the coaching staff's job to identify deficiencies and scheme around that?

It's not the staffs job to get them prepared?

This is coming close to sounding like some of the stuff that was coming out in the previous HFC's era.

Seriously. Blame the players? Eff that.

He didnt blame the players exactly. He said lack of communication by just one person is enough to screw a play up.

Reactions: 1 person
RE play-calling:

"Why do we continue running the read option?"

"It isn't the read option."

"What is it then?"

"... we're moving onto Chattanooga"

Okay. Im totally confused. Do we run the read option, the zone read, or something else? And isn't the zone read and read option 2 different names for the same offensive scheme?

Reactions: 3 people
He didnt blame the players exactly. He said lack of communication by just one person is enough to screw a play up.

If your players can't communicate at home after they've shown they have issues with it in 2 road games...

it's on the coaches. They aren't getting paid $500k-$3mil/year to just expect a bunch of kids to teach themselves.

Reactions: 1 person
Okay. Im totally confused. Do we run the read option, the zone read, or something else? And isn't the zone read and read option 2 different names for the same offensive scheme?

I think the only people who honestly do know what we're running are the opposing defensive coordinators.

They seem to have a very good idea what we're running.

Reactions: 17 people
Lack of communication on the line caused the issues with wildcat on 3rd and 1

Practice it weekly

I think the only people who honestly do know what we're running are the opposing defensive coordinators.

They seem to have a very good idea what we're running.

Your answer wasnt helpful or witty. It contributed nothing. Enjoy your schadenfreude.

Reactions: 13 people
I missed that last question

He was very blunt with his "yes" answer

Does anyone know what was asked?

If your players can't communicate at home after they've shown they have issues with it in 2 road games...

it's on the coaches. They aren't getting paid $500k-$3mil/year to just expect a bunch of kids to teach themselves.

He said to blame him for those errors..

Go away this is a thread for the press conference. There a plenty of threads for you to go whine in.

Reactions: 24 people
Good news on Hurd. One of my recurring nightmares is losing Chuck Webb on a busted play when Pacific was the opponent. If it were me, I would rest Mr. Hurd.

Reactions: 5 people

He said we aren't running the read option. He then went on to say next year before the presser he will do 10 minutes with the media to view game film to show them what they are doing. He said he was serious about that.

I guess the read option questions have become redundantly annoying.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach seemed agitated with media today. More of the same from him, the sayings, the cliches etc. Get to work boys!

Reactions: 2 people

Let's just call it the Offense That Doesn't Work (and never will with the players we field) since Jones doesn't want to clarify exactly what that crap is.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back