MLB The show 16

I blow at this game. Can only consistently win games on rookie mode. and sometimes even those are close games lol

can't bat to save my life.

On rookie just hack away unless the ball is thrown into the stands. You'll BABIP them to death, pitcher loses confidence, and just lobs you fastballs. You'll start dropping 40 on them in no time. Just swing away.

May be because ive had every show game ever but I hit and pitch on toughest difficulty and still think its a little easy sometimes lol

May be because ive had every show game ever but I hit and pitch on toughest difficulty and still think its a little easy sometimes lol

All Star is about right for me to have a competitive and fun game. Any higher gets frustrating for me and Veteran is too easy to hold my attention

Practice, practice, practice. There's some good zone hitting videos on YouTube

thanks. actually looked up one vid, and mainly only took one part of his advice (practice taking pitches), and it's already made a slight difference. immediately tried a game on HoF difficulty (doing the 3 inning Conquest thing), and was able to take it into the 7th with a 1-1 tie before i lost haha starting to get through veteran and all star games at 50-50 rate as well.

main issue now is baserunning. that's probably costing me more games than my actual hitting. how do i get my guy to round first and go for extra bases? they keep slowing down as soon as they get to 1st, and just that brief moment of slowing down sometimes leads to them getting thrown out at 2nd on what should be easy doubles.

i'm jealous lol

what settings do you use?

Flick the left stick towards the runner's position on the bases then press triangle, square, etc for whatever base you want him to go to.

Flick the left stick towards the runner's position on the bases then press triangle, square, etc for whatever base you want him to go to.

i must just be doing something wrong, cause i've already tried that and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I was mistakin. I play on hall of fame. I have my sliders adjusted though. Slid contact and solid hits up 1 and slid power down 1 and left timing and foul freq the same

Have y'all found a good way to make stubs? I feel like it's an insufferable grind at times. I can play for days on end and only have enough for a mid level gold player while I see others with teams loaded with gold and diamond players.

Have y'all found a good way to make stubs? I feel like it's an insufferable grind at times. I can play for days on end and only have enough for a mid level gold player while I see others with teams loaded with gold and diamond players.

Flipping cards is more or less the only way, it's slow but as you build your bank it gets easier. It seems to me that playing full games vs the computer is best value for your time, and you can luck into something good as a bonus for winning.

what's everyone's team looking like? I just bought Thor from the Captains page

what's everyone's team looking like? I just bought Thor from the Captains page

Looking good, unlocked Brett yesterday, my hitting is very hot or cold which is frustrating. Think I've got 6 more bases to capture to complete conquest.

Got synderGOD, Rizzo, Young ichiro, and young Beltre. All diamond. Correa probably goes diamond soon. Slowly building my roster from gold to diamond. Takes time but I like that I can do it without dropping real money on the game.
Had a 360 before. Not sure how I lived without The Show. Game is really good.

Got synderGOD, Rizzo, Young ichiro, and young Beltre. All diamond. Correa probably goes diamond soon. Slowly building my roster from gold to diamond. Takes time but I like that I can do it without dropping real money on the game.
Had a 360 before. Not sure how I lived without The Show. Game is really good.
Diamond Dynasty has made this 100x better for me, Franchise mode became tedious and RTTS became very stale over the years. I like just messing around, unlocking things etc.

Just picked this up. Haven't played a baseball game since the dreadful MLB 2k9. I've never had any of "The Show" games because I had a 360.

Hopefully the Hunter Pence price goes back up fairly quickly after his captain card is gone, i tied up about 25000 for 8 of them, figure to take back 40k +. Guy freakin rakes for me in the 2 hole.

Hopefully the Hunter Pence price goes back up fairly quickly after his captain card is gone, i tied up about 25000 for 8 of them, figure to take back 40k +. Guy freakin rakes for me in the 2 hole.

Dude is so good. No weak spots in his game. Used him in right for a long time until I got Ichiro.

Hector Rondon went to absolute crap for me, a guy put him in against me this morning and I hammered him, guess it's not only me.

Roommate got him as the turning on the game prize. Pissed me off

VN Store

Back