MLB Draft

Crime Dog pronounces Versailles, KY correctly.

Very well done by McGriff. Of course, it may have been an accident

I noticed along with broadcasters the huge number of African-American kids being drafted.

Good for them. Too many good athletes are turning down a great shot at pro baseball for a pitiful chance in basketball. The ChiSox pick being one.

@DaveSerranoUT: Well it's been a long night but Im happy to say @SerranoK34 is going to be a Vol. His dream will happen in 3 years.

Reactions: 4 people
@SerranoK34: Couldn't be more excited to wear the orange and white at the University of Tennessee next year!!

Reactions: 4 people
Huge get for the Vols. Now we just need no one else to sign (which I bet some of the JUCOs does) and we have taken another step in the right direction for sure. Kyle immediately becomes a weekend starter for us.

1st college senior goes to the mets round 4, pick 116...L.J. Mazzilli

So I haven't really followed this stuff since the rule changes, but does Kyle even get drafted this year? If hes not called by the end of the 10th, he's almost literally unsignable. If he goes undrafted, he's a free-agent, correct? If he's a free-agent, are there rules governing his signing bonus should a team try to get him?

Vandy and LSU have had quite a few players drafted so far.

Through 5 rounds, no current or future Vols have been drafted. 6th-10th rounds starts at 3:30

VN Store

Back