MLB Draft

It appears everyone from the class will be enrolling correct? Can't wait for the official release from UT

Looking very likely that this was all a complete fabrication. Cubs are over pool and unless I am missing something there is no shot he is getting 3rd round money.

That's what it looks like.

If the Cubs are willing to pay luxury tax but not willing to lose a draft pick, they could sign him for around $440K.

If they signed him for the slot value of their 3rd round pick, they would pay the higher level luxury tax and lose a draft pick next year.

That's what it looks like.

If the Cubs are willing to pay luxury tax but not willing to lose a draft pick, they could sign him for around $440K.

If they signed him for the slot value of their 3rd round pick, they would pay the higher level luxury tax and lose a draft pick next year.

How do you get the 440k figure?
Trying to completely understand this process

They're $186K over now.

The draft pick penalty kicks in at 5% above pool value, which is about $525K.

$525-$186=$339K. So they can go over by that much more without losing a draft pick.

The first $100K they give him won't add to the excess.

$339K + $100K = About $440K.

Reactions: 1 person
They're $186K over now.

The draft pick penalty kicks in at 5% above pool value, which is about $525K.

$525-$186=$339K. So they can go over by that much more without losing a draft pick.

The first $100K they give him won't add to the excess.

$339K + $100K = About $440K.

Very good explanation. Thanks I learned something today.

Hell of a call showme. Clifton signed for 375k.

Thanks.

The Cubs spent right up to the limit on excess bonuses today. They added $275K to their excess amount with Clifton's bonus and another $50K when they signed Coastal Carolina's Will Remillard for $150K.

The Cubs ended up spending 4.85% above their bonus pool limit. Apparently, luxury tax is not a deterrent to them but losing draft picks is.

Thanks.

The Cubs spent right up to the limit on excess bonuses today. They added $275K to their excess amount with Clifton's bonus and another $50K when they signed Coastal Carolina's Will Remillard for $150K.

The Cubs ended up spending 4.85% above their bonus pool limit. Apparently, luxury tax is not a deterrent to them but losing draft picks is.
I don't blame them. They're doing a complete rebuild with Castro and Rizzo leading the way. Theo started trading for more international money as well.

I don't blame them. They're doing a complete rebuild with Castro and Rizzo leading the way. Theo started trading for more international money as well.

I don't either, even though I'm not a Cubs fan. Their total luxury tax for the entire draft is less than one-fourth of the value of one marginal win in one season.

I don't either, even though I'm not a Cubs fan. Their total luxury tax for the entire draft is less than one-fourth of the value of one marginal win in one season.

Depends who is doing the winning. The Yankees pay a lot more for one win than Oakland does.

lol at calling someone who will make a career out of a 4th/5th outfielder a bust.

Well, Texas had high hopes for him - he was touted as the next Willie McGee by some writers -- now look where he is that baseball wasteland known as Wrigley Field, trade him to a real team like the Yankees and his career will revitalize.

Last edited:
Julio Borbon is in the Major Leagues. You have no idea how difficult it is to reach that level. Please stop posting.

I always liked Julio - he should have been the Cubs All Star Tuesday night
Gaedel.jpg
No I really dont Backwoods K

Last edited:

VN Store

Back