Missouri's SEC campaign

I figured and understand; I was just wondering if anyone had seen anything printed or reported saying we had that stance...there's just been a lot of....speculation about everything mainly

Yeah I figure they want to still play in Texas every other year if it's a possibility; what are the chances regarding A&M & Mizzou splitting up USCe and Arkansas?

You're not going to see anything printed along those lines.

USC/Ark would be the ones split up under that situation, and neither fanbase would complain. But Mizzou needs the series with Texas A&M.

Like I said it would be nice. But in no way is it a Deal Breaker. We have no problem with Arkansas being our crossover rival as it most likely will be.

the more i'm looking through mizzou boards...it's looking a bit more like this just comes from Gabe's (the Mizzou rivals.com writer) thoughts/opinions that he posted (on the teams premium board) about his "monday morning realignment thoughts"

Gabe is about as plugged in as possible to Mizzou sports. From covering MU for so long and graduating from the J-School he has a lot of connections. Also unlike say Chip Brown he doesn't report things unless he is hearing them from multiple sources. He won't post some random rumor as a fact or throw things against the wall and hope something sticks.

When he posted the initial message he stated that he had heard that form two different people that he trusts. A couple of hours later in the thread he posted that he has received a coupe more messages confirming what he posted and that everyone is pretty much hearing the same things.

This was posted by a Florida guest
"I`m now going to let something out of the bag that I don`t think anyone knew on here.Two weeks ago Bernie Machen The President of Florida flew to Alabama and a couple other schools in The SEC and his finale stop was in KC with a meet with Mizzou`s President.Now if your wonder what The President of Florida has to do with anything ,he was appointed to represent the other schools in The SEC.Rumors around here are Mizzou is in The SEC 2012."

I don't know how accurate that Florida poster is but FWIW apparently Deaton(MU) and Machen(FL) have known each other for a long time and have had a lot of phone calls recently.

(BTW, have we been stated to be? I've just seen some assumptions)

Unfortunately, as I read more about alabama's earlier issues, I'm starting to get the impression that it's less about preserving Alabama-Tennessee for them, but rather more and more about preventing auburn from having possible recruiting advantages, etc (successes, so on)
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Auburn already pulls a large percentage of it's players from Georgia and the Florida panhandle. The idea of it would help their recruiting is so bogus.

Auburn already pulls a large percentage of it's players from Georgia and the Florida panhandle. The idea of it would help their recruiting is so bogus.

Tell that to the people who wrote the "not enough votes" and the "Mizzou report released" articles then i guess

they're pretty much the ones saying & reporting such

My guess:

It's felt that it helps assimilate the new teams a little better to give them an existing member team as a rival...especially if the idea is to still use only one yearly rival across divisions

That was also a part of the reason the 1992 expansion included two yearly cross-divisional rivals (Arkansas: South Carolina and Tennessee; South Carolina: Arkansas and Mississippi State)

Someone from missouri I guess

What's the reality regarding seeming word of pressure Kansas City is putting on the Missouri state legislature and Nixon (governor, right?) in attempts to prevent the school from moving?

What about those stories last week that Missouri was definitely going to be in the Big 12 next season?

All of those were from a quote by Chcuk Neinas. Notice none came from Mizzou. I wouldn't put much faith in what Neinas has to say. If MU was going to play in the Big 12 next year no matter what somebody from Missouri would be saying so as well.

Kansas City was putting pressure on the University, and now they also trying to put pressure on our Governor who is Pro-SEC. Honestly its getting pretty petty. The mayor puts at the beginning of his letter, "Put Kansas City in the forefront." They didnt put up a big fight when Texas took the Big XII HQ and the Football Conference Championship Game. Mainly the ones from K.C. that are fighting against the move are KSU and kU sympathizers. We are pretty tired of it.

Last edited:
I've not heard of a city, much less one that is not home to the university, so directly involved in lobbying for a school to do something.

Has St. Louis weighed in? What about Springfield and Hannibal?

Not at all TO. Stating fact. I havent seen every board, but
I have seen over a dozen other teams boards. The flow, content, and member participation here are second to none.

Not at all TO. Stating fact. I havent seen every board, but
I have seen over a dozen other teams boards. The flow, content, and member participation here are second to none.

I'm just ribbing you a bit; settle, it's cool
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tell that to the people who wrote the "not enough votes" and the "Mizzou report released" articles then i guess

they're pretty much the ones saying & reporting such
You spend too much time reading what a reported from Birmingham is saying. The Alabama press plays game with one another every day.

Mizzou is coming to the SEC. The Board of Curators meets later this week, where an announcement is expected to be made that Mizzou is leaving the Big 12 and then they will announce that they have applied for application to the SEC.

Expect Mizzou to be admitted to the SEC by the end of the month and be placed in the SEC East.

Keeping the old traditional games together was the entire reason for the delay.

VN Store

Back