Missouri's SEC campaign

Because that's the day it will run in the New York Times print version, which is how they label their website stories.

ah ok, thanks.

Don't have a lot of experience with the NYT online. It came across a bit odd for the article to be dated for today but the link dated for tomorrow

Tell that to the people who wrote the "not enough votes" and the "Mizzou report released" articles then i guess

they're pretty much the ones saying & reporting such

You've also got to remember/consider that in this expansion deal what is true one day may not be true the next.

There was a time that A&M didn't have the votes to get in the league. Obviously that changed. Missouri didn't have the votes a week and a half ago. It seems that may have also changed.

You've also got to remember/consider that in this expansion deal what is true one day may not be true the next.

There was a time that A&M didn't have the votes to get in the league. Obviously that changed. Missouri didn't have the votes a week and a half ago. It seems that may have also changed.

Yeah, no i didn't believe the "they don't have enough votes" was they weren't getting in

it was just the sudden appearance in the Missouri of that new reason for Alabama not wanting Auburn in the East that made me start thinking more and questioning it

I figured a while back though too that Alabama was probably pushing a bit for this stuff to be reported by this paper

Gabe from PowerMizzou has a new free article out. Nothing much new but found these interesting

"Multiple sources, both connected to Missouri and to the SEC, have told PowerMizzou.com over the last few weeks that if commissioner Mike Slive wants the Tigers in the SEC, he would have little problem securing the required votes. A super-majority of nine of the 12 schools would have to approve the addition of Missouri."

and

"When Texas A&M stated its intention to explore conference options, it took 17 days before the Aggies submitted their withdrawal from the Big 12. It took another week before A&M was accepted by the SEC. Friday marks 17 days since Missouri's declaration of free agency. "

PowerMizzou.com - Missouri's moving day approaches

SEC East works just fine for us. If we play in the East with Arkansas as our cross division rival we would play all four of the SEC schools in border states.

Some MU fans would rather have A&M as our cross division rival though to help keep up our recruiting in Texas.

Either way is fine with me. I think Arky would be more fun and a big rival fairly fast (we already recruit a lot of the same players and they did steal our hoops coach) on the other hand I believe we have something like 30 players on our team from Texas so recruiting down there is important and playing a Texas team every year would help.

east_west_2.jpg

Works for me.

boils down to this...what is the bigger game for the SEC? Tennessee/Bama or Bama/Auburn...think of that then look at the map.

(BTW, have we been stated to be? I've just seen some assumptions)

Unfortunately, as I read more about alabama's earlier issues, I'm starting to get the impression that it's less about preserving Alabama-Tennessee for them, but rather more and more about preventing auburn from having possible recruiting advantages, etc (successes, so on)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My initial thoughts were that if it is something Alabama wants then UT should take the opposing view. My thoughts have not changed.

boils down to this...what is the bigger game for the SEC? Tennessee/Bama or Bama/Auburn...think of that then look at the map.

That all depends on the relative strength of the teams and the situation. It has gone back and forth plenty of times.

The lack of votes was 100% posturing to preserve key traditional games. There were at least 5 teams holding out, Alabama, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Vanderbilt. So this was not all about Bama and them worrying about Auburn. Thats just extra fodder thrown into the story line to rile up local fans in Alabama.

So I wonder how Missouri being added will change our 2012 schedule.

Assuming they are added to the East, will we lose one of our OOC games and add them or will we lose a game against a West team?

Will all the schedules be completely reshuffled? Or will they just adjust them by one game for Missouri and A&M?

So I wonder how Missouri being added will change our 2012 schedule.

Assuming they are added to the East, will we lose one of our OOC games and add them or will we lose a game against a West team?

Will all the schedules be completely reshuffled? Or will they just adjust them by one game for Missouri and A&M?

Didn't you hear, we cancelled Oregon. It was a slip up, releasing the news too early, so we backtracked.

*sarcasm*

The lack of votes was 100% posturing to preserve key traditional games. There were at least 5 teams holding out, Alabama, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Vanderbilt. So this was not all about Bama and them worrying about Auburn. Thats just extra fodder thrown into the story line to rile up local fans in Alabama.

Wait they had a majority on first "count," wouldn't it have to be at most 5?

Second question is, do they now have the votes from those schools?

Last edited:
Wait they had a majority on first "count," wouldn't it have to be at most 5?

Send question is, do they now have the votes from those schools?

I would assume they do because I am guessing they are now going to be added to the East.

I just remembered you guys got Coach Cuonzo Martin from Mo. State. He will be a good addition for you guys. Good character.

Board of curators meeting begins in a little over half an hour. However, no decision is expected to be announced until Friday

In other mizzou news: some people in Kansas city were trying to organize about 20-25 people (dressed in Missouri gear) to picket the meeting apparently...sounds like equal or more missouri fans plan to show in return supporting an sec move (not big news, just odd...especially since most of the "anti" crowd is figured to actually be KU fans)

The University of Missouri Board of Curators is meeting in Kansas City?

If so, why? Last time I checked, neither the university nor the state capitol is there.

The University of Missouri Board of Curators is meeting in Kansas City?

If so, why? Last time I checked, neither the university nor the state capitol is there.

UMKC campus is there; the allowing Deaton to explore conference options meeting was at UMSTL

We have 3 branch Campuses and 1 Flagship. Our Curators represent all the schools so they will change locations. But unfortunately we wont get to hear anything that we want to until tomorrow at some point.

We have 3 branch Campuses and 1 Flagship. Our Curators represent all the schools so they will change locations. But unfortunately we wont get to hear anything that we want to until tomorrow at some point.

What's the feeling over there? Many still believe the SEC will happen?

Basically there is an open meeting/press conference at 9 am. Then at 10 am the Curators will close the session and have a private meeting and that is supposed to be when the official decision will be decided on and then we are expected to announce that we will withdraw out of the Big XII Conference.

Basically there is an open meeting/press conference at 9 am. Then at 10 am the Curators will close the session and have a private meeting and that is supposed to be when the official decision will be decided on and then we are expected to announce that we will withdraw out of the Big XII Conference.

When's the meeting supposed to end? All I have seen is "Friday evening"

VN Store

Back