Missouri's SEC campaign

Well the missouri board won't open now so I have to presume that the meetings ended and or the media conference started

Nm up again. I think the meetings are done though and everyone's just waiting for the presser

4 mics out setup for deaton, Alden (AD), Steve Owens (interim prez), and chairman of board of curators Warren Erdman

Last edited:
Mizzou is absolutely stupid if they accept anything less than total equity and zero tier three and hs rights for tu.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
You can watch live here. They just said they're still in meeting, but expected to come out soon:

Streaming Newscast

My thought : meeting doesn't run over like this unless they've decided to accept. Please let them be #14 :)

Last edited:
About an hour later than they were supposed to come out...must be some serious talking going on in there

newscast is shocked that they haven't come out yet

Last edited:
"Will Chancellor Brady Deaton rip off his shirt to display an SEC logo at the media conference that's abou..."

That is one of the polls in the Cover It Live section.

"Will Chancellor Brady Deaton rip off his shirt to display an SEC logo at the media conference that's abou..."

That is one of the polls in the Cover It Live section.

There any other way to announce a big decision? :)

odd tweet out of the bunch:

RT @KegsnEggs: I'm hoping that Missouri will give us a LOST-like finish and they'll announce they were never in the Big 12 to begin with.

people are joking that they're all watching the cards game

Last edited:
Current theory is that Erdman (Kansas City member of the board of curators....maybe head of it as well who knows) just refuses to lay off

all rumors at this point though

I assume he is for staying?

The word before the meetings was that, yes, he was. He was said to feel that the Kansas City economy could get hurt by a move to the SEC, since the Big 12 basketball tournament is played there (the Big 12 championship used to be played there as well)

...not sure how sound an argument it is -if true - though. If the big 12 was willing to take the big 12 championship and Big 12 offices away from the city and move them to Dallas, it's really only a matter of time before they do the same with the basketball tournament

The word before the meetings was that, yes, he was. He was said to feel that the Kansas City economy could get hurt by a move to the SEC, since the Big 12 basketball tournament is played there (the Big 12 championship used to be played there as well)

...not sure how sound an argument it is -if true - though. If the big 12 was willing to take the big 12 championship and Big 12 offices away from the city and move them to Dallas, it's really only a matter of time before they do the same with the basketball tournament

If I was Missouri I would take the opportunity while I could. They got left standing at the alter last year.

I got the to the part where they granted him power but no idea what that power is.

The Board of Curators are speaking - A unanimous action was taken by the curators: The board of curators delegates the authority to Chancellor Deaton to take any and all actions to explore options for conference affiliation that are "best for the university."

Welcome to the SEC Missouri.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back