Missouri's SEC campaign

they bother the SEC school presidents and they're the ones who have to approve these moves

also it'd take a hard sell towards them on a school where an old woman and a pregnant lady just got beaten up (sorry, allegedly)

...also someone said something in a blog about expecting them to pee off the upper levels of the stadium

urinating on fans and players. Perfect match for Florida.

VT won't come unless they can bring University of Virginia with them and the SEC doesn't want UV. But the ACC has blocked any move by anyone for now.

VT won't come unless they can bring University of Virginia with them and the SEC doesn't want UV. But the ACC has blocked any move by anyone for now.

that's not the case; there's been confusion on the fans' part about them likely being stuck in the situation case as OU and OSU

The bigger thing here though probably (more) that they told us "we're not interested" early on...and then proceeded to go public with that comment

omg, this again... :blink:

Yeah that again and I was just saying. I don't want them and I didn't want A&M to be let in. We have a hard enough time right now beating some of the ones that are already here!

I want this program back to win and where kids want to come play here with out something bad being wrote in the news about the program.

Last edited:
I want Missouri and I say forget going through this crap again a year later or 2 years down the road. jump in head first it is inevitable it will be at 16 eventually so why waste time with 14 temporarily. Texas A&M is in so add Missouri to join them and east lets get West Virginia (academics dont bother me I dont pay to go watch future doctors. i go to games to watch guys do things I cant do like knock peoples heads off). Also insert South Florida as they would be a Big east team we could get for free probably like WV as Big east implodes. South florida could get SEC in Tampa area and they have been very competitive in football and would take another step if invited to the SEC. As a side note kids who want to play in the SEC would have an alternate choice besides the Gators which would even out the talent. Obviously they are no Miami or Florida State but with the ACC buyouts I doubt they are leaving.

I agree that if we are going to 16, Let's do it now rather than later..... who cares what the Pac-10/12/14 or 16 does... or any other conference.... But if we add 4 I would like to see

1. A & M
2. Mizzlou
3. Va Tech
4. NC or NC state

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that if we are going to 16, Let's do it now rather than later..... who cares what the Pac-10/12/14 or 16 does... or any other conference.... But if we add 4 I would like to see

1. A & M
2. Mizzlou
3. Va Tech
4. NC or NC state

That is the logical route. Getting a team in both North Carolina and Virginia are Mike Slive's "white whales". We would be able to land teams in states that touch other parts of the SEC without skipping states and pick up TV sets in two large states, that fit into the culture of the SEC.

Could the SEC step outside of the 16 team formula and add 2-4 more? Very possible. If you did do that, then you do look at adding Maryland, West Virginia. Or you do pick up FSU and Clemson as the 19th and 20th teams.

Missouri to the East division makes some sense, they could become Texas A&M permanent rival and allow Auburn to stay in the West.

I hope we stop at 14 teams

Missouri to the East division makes some sense, they could become Texas A&M permanent rival and allow Auburn to stay in the West.

I hope we stop at 14 teams

If the SEC is willing to ignore geography altogether for Mizzou, I think they'd just realign both divisions from top to bottom.

The pros are that you could preserve all the rivalries and keep the competitiveness fairly even (at least in the near future).

The cons are that it's hard to remember off-hand which teams are in which divisions. I still can't tell you who's in the ACC Coastal or the Big Ten Leaders. I guess it would sink in over time.

Big 12 commish compared us as being the pretty girl at the bar who's too stuck up or something...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The rumor over on the Missouri boards are that Missouri will announce tomorrow that it is staying in the Big 12. Supposedly, the Big 12 Presidents agreed to much of the same stuff as they always have.

Bottom line appears that Mizzou was afraid to go the prom with the prettiest girl in the land, so they could take it up the whazzoo several times from bevo.

Missouri has announced a meeting of their Board of Curators for 12PM CST Tuesday in St. Louis.

People are asking why St. Louis and why even meet if Brady Deaton has agreed to stay in the Big 12.

First, the BOC rotates it's meeting around to the various MU campuses around the state.

Second, I would think that if this were a move nack t the Big 12, they would not need a meeting.

A note of interest, Brady Deaton recused himself from much of the Bevo 12 the meeting yesterday, per his legal counsel's advice.

Missouri 's Board of Curators is meeting as I type this. Most of the "insiders" believe that the BOC will give MU President, Brady Deaton, the green light to explore their options.

Anything short of "we support the Big 12 and will stay on as a member of the Big 12" should be construed as Missouri is leaving to join the SEC as it's 14th member.

If we add mizzou, I think we should then add Clemson. LSU, Mizzou, Auburn and Clemson should be in a Tigers subset.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Some word on the mizzou boards about the big 12 trying to come through with an 11th hour offer

Not able to verify it, but it's gotten the board uneasy just based on who it came from

Edit: some poster that the others seem to regard as a poster with "good connections to the football staff"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back