Milton named starter

Hooker has a better grasp of this offense and I think both Hooker and Milton play against Florida especially if Milton gets off to a slow start.

Looking good at practice speed, does not always translate to looking good at game speed, or did you forget the previous four years?

Regardless of what Milton is doing in practice, this is what he's doing on game day:
milton2021.png
Your mistake is that we're not to question the coaches, no matter how monstrously, cataclysmically foolish and incompetent they may seem to be, because they get paid to coach which automatically means they're infallible. Just ask the experts on here - you know, the ones that wouldn't know a football if it were implanted in their forehead.

I believe in Hooker more than Milton, but that margin is thin. I like the move of Milton over Hooker to begin. Let Milton give it a shot - he's more dynamic and his ceiling is higher. If it's going well, leave him in, if it turns south move to Hooker. What you can't do is go from hooker to Milton with avg play, then Milton have a bad outing and you turn back to hooker.

Our best shot is Milton and Hooker if you need him.

Hooker doesn't go into Swamp and win. We are a 5-6 win team with him at QB1 at best. If Milton gets right, we can win 8-9 game.
CJH is playing the long game, too. Hooker just has this year. Hopefully light comes on for Milton sooner than later.
Are you high? Milton is in his 4th year playing college football. You think his issues are just going to be fixed because he changed schools?

I believe in Hooker more than Milton, but that margin is thin. I like the move of Milton over Hooker to begin. Let Milton give it a shot - he's more dynamic and his ceiling is higher. If it's going well, leave him in, if it turns south move to Hooker. What you can't do is go from hooker to Milton with avg play, then Milton have a bad outing and you turn back to hooker.

Our best shot is Milton and Hooker if you need him.
I agree with this post. Milton has generally made the right decisions, but hasn’t executed. He has more upside than Hooker, and if he plays well, I believe, gives us the best chance to beat the Gators. If he can’t execute, then put Hooker in. Still think we lose this game no matter who is under center. I will be there wearing my Orange and White!!!

Reactions: Volunteer08
Your mistake is that we're not to question the coaches, no matter how monstrously, cataclysmically foolish and incompetent they may seem to be, because they get paid to coach which automatically means they're infallible. Just ask the experts on here - you know, the ones that wouldn't know a football if it were implanted in their forehead.

So true. Butch Jones played Worley over dobbs and then Hurd over kamara. Pruitt played JG over everyone refusing to realize how bad JG was and have anything that resembled a competition for the job. The idea that a fan (that’s loved and been around football their whole life) is incapable of making any sort of reasonable observation is a joke. The idiot fans are usually the ones say “if you’re so smart why aren’t you the coach”. Lol. Time will tell if heupel is right with Milton. Personally I’m not a fan of the guy. He’s a career .500 completion percentage. It seems to me he’s gotten a ridiculous amount of opportunities to play based simply on the fact that he can throw a football 10 yards farther than anyone else…which is almost completely meaningless. It’s like a basketball coach playing a guy that can’t shoot or handle the ball that well (over other more talented kids) because that can jump higher and throw some the occasional monster dunk. It just doesn’t matter.

Hooker has a better grasp of this offense and I think both Hooker and Milton play against Florida especially if Milton gets off to a slow start.

That is the problem though.

Milton gets off to a slow start. Not hitting receivers past the first down marker and then we are down 3 scores and Hooker comes in and tries to catch us back up which by then is not doable.

If Milton was playing in the Florida game he should have suited up against Tech and got some more reps in.

I'm baffled.

Reactions: mpfvol
Reading through this it sure seems some pay zero attention to anything going on and only come here to bi@@@.

I'll give some cliff notes:

-This is the same depth chart as last week and Milton did not start

-Hooker has 2 years of eligibility

-HB is a deity and if Nick Hugh Lane Franklin was the head coach we would win the natty this year

Done now, carry on.

Reading through this it sure seems some pay zero attention to anything going on and only come here to bi@@@.

I'll give some cliff notes:

-This is the same depth chart as last week and Milton did not start

-Hooker has 2 years of eligibility

-HB is a deity and if Nick Hugh Lane Franklin was the head coach we would win the natty this year

Done now, carry on.
That’s probably the most accurate thing I’ve ever read on this board

Reactions: KptVFL
Milton and Hooker drew straws and Milton got the short straw. It was a stalemate on the LOS with Tech. I would not want to be the starting QB against the gators.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that.

If Milton came out against BG and played like 2010 Cam Newton v 2.0 and continued thatvfor the remainder of the season, he would be gone after this year anyway.
Cams first game in 2010 11/19 136 yds
Milton. 11/23 137 yds vs BG

Hope he continues playing like Cam

Milton isn't bad but he's definitely not good. I guess let him play because he has "upside".
I've seen 3 qbs so far and none are amazing but I still think Hooker is your best shot.
Hopefully Milton proves me wrong but seems like he's an awesome practice player that shuts down at game time at least in what he has shown so far.

Cams first game in 2010 11/19 136 yds
Milton. 11/23 137 yds vs BG

Hope he continues playing like Cam

I see yoU conveniently left out some crucial stats. Cam had 3 passing TDs, to go along with 171 rushing yards and 2 TDs. Can accounted for 357 total yards and 5 TDs.

Please stop with your idiocy.

VN Store

Back