Milton named starter

Well Milton was hurt last season at Michigan and has been injured already at UT during the lightweight non-conference part of the schedule. He certainly needs reps but Hooker may have physical ability to play D-1 ball that has eluded Milton. I like both Hooker and Milton and rotating them may not be all bad if Milton can stay healthy enough to play. Really following JG who was a tough kid but nightmare waiting to happen, Milton and Hooker were nice squad additions by Pruitt and Heupel. Shrout intrigued me and I wonder if he could have fit Heupel‘s offense. That kid had a live arm.

Best part about Depth charts are the countless number of "or" thrown in.

Like a magic 8 Ball for this generation....It's decidedly so "or" My sources say No "or" Better not tell you now

I don't hate it. Fact is, Milton has the highest ceiling. I don't think anyone will argue against that. And the only way for us to be legitimately competitive with good teams is for him to reach it. Will he? Maybe.... Probably not. But I'd rather go for it than play it safe with a higher floor guy.

Best chance to win. Most here would actually like to win on the field vs. win the QB battle.
Better arm
More of a run option which opens up more of the playbook. If Hooker keeps that ball against Pitt on an easy read I might feel different. Basic read play he missed.
Game seems to run faster
I'm not against Hooker but Milton gives us the best chance to win and that's all I care about.

It doesn't matter who the starter is people....Florida is going to LIVE in our backfield with our O-line! SMH

I don't hate it. Fact is, Milton has the highest ceiling. I don't think anyone will argue against that. And the only way for us to be legitimately competitive with good teams is for him to reach it. Will he? Maybe.... Probably not. But I'd rather go for it than play it safe with a higher floor guy.

Higher ceiling, in what way? He barely completes 50% of his passes on a good day, and doesn't throw many TDs.

The only time Milton has been as better QB than hooker may have been back in their PeeWee days. How does he all of a sudden have a higher ceiling? where does this come from?

He can throw it further with a flick of his wrist than the other two can with full wind up. If he could figure out how to deliver the ball on target, he could have a Cam Newton effect on UT.

Being able to throw far, means relatively nothing if you can't consistently throw on target. His 10 yard sideline throws look good, and that's great, but SEC defensive coordinators are going to play in close and jump that lane all day if they know that the majority of his deep shots are zero threat because they are generally uncatchable by anyone of normal human height.

Hooker doesn't go into Swamp and win. We are a 5-6 win team with him at QB1 at best. If Milton gets right, we can win 8-9 game.
CJH is playing the long game, too. Hooker just has this year. Hopefully light comes on for Milton sooner than later.

Hooker doesn't go into Swamp and win. We are a 5-6 win team with him at QB1 at best. If Milton gets right, we can win 8-9 game.
CJH is playing the long game, too. Hooker just has this year. Hopefully light comes on for Milton sooner than later.

What indication has been displayed during Milton's playing time so far this season, that shows that he's progressed at all from his time at Michigan?

Also, Hooker has this year, and next year of eligibility left, and Heupel's preferred QB is a recruit in the '22 class.

The only time Milton has been as better QB than hooker may have been back in their PeeWee days. How does he all of a sudden have a higher ceiling? where does this come from?
I've heard more than a few claim it takes 10 minutes of practice to see who is the more physically gifted and talented of our quarterbacks. That is the definition of a higher ceiling.

I've heard more than a few claim it takes 10 minutes of practice to see who is the more physically gifted and talented of our quarterbacks. That is the definition of a higher ceiling.

Looking good at practice speed, does not always translate to looking good at game speed, or did you forget the previous four years?

Regardless of what Milton is doing in practice, this is what he's doing on game day:
milton2021.png

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Being able to throw far, means relatively nothing if you can't consistently throw on target. His 10 yard sideline throws look good, and that's great, but SEC defensive coordinators are going to play in close and jump that lane all day if they know that the majority of his deep shots are zero threat because they are generally uncatchable by anyone of normal human height.
That's why his "ceiling" is high... he's not playing consistently at floor level yet.

Reactions: Memphisvol87
This is starting to feel unpleasantly like Groundhog Day.
LOL... Right because wah, wah, wah... Bailey isn't starting.

The guy has been on the job for 3 games. Let's give him a little time. FWIW, Dooley had Bray starting as soon as Bray had the minimal grasp of the O. So if Heupel demotes a QB who isn't getting it done... then that won't be a bad thing.

Reactions: Alto1 and KptVFL

VN Store

Back