Mike Sanford or Mike DeBord... That seems to be the top 2

Its been DeBord the whole time-- this is just unfortunate smoke and mirrors where Butch is trying to save face and make it look like he has been out searching because he knows donors, ex-vols, and the fanbase absolutely think this is a pathetic hire... now he can say "I tried and searched, but no one was available, so I am going with DeBord".... that in itself is pathetic with where this program is trying to go. Butch as of yet can do no wrong and is blowing it out of the water on the recruiting trail, but at some point you have to say he is not perfect and this dud hire because he owes his mentor is the chink in his armor.... hope it does not end us costing us more than we saved...

Reactions: 2 people
I think this could be very interesting situation to Sanford. Our recruiting classes, plus the fact that we have 3 four star QB's coming in. In addition to coaching Dobbs, couldn't get much better than that.

Reactions: 1 person
Geeze Louise, people, PLEASE stop quoting VOLorNuttin!

His drivel is tying up real estate on my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
He also beat Butch head to head. Many had predicted Cincinnati would win...and they had a better record at the end of 2012. Still got beat soundly by Dooley. But a good sheep wouldn't want to mention that.

You can't compare the Big East to the SEC. Dooley had one of the best offenses Tennessee has had in the modern era. Two of our receivers left early for the NFL and our TE was drafted by the Raiders. Dooley had some talent. He should have beat Cincinnati.

Dooley has never won a championship at any level as a head coach. How many has Butch won? Talk about a proven coach, he can't be anymore proven. Normal people know this. Nobody I personally know thinks like you do.

You can spin it however you like, but it doesn't change the cold hard facts that Butch has the same exact number of regular season wins after 2 yrs as Derek Dooley. That's not a flattering statistic, but some of you poor sheep keep trying to frame it as if "We're Back!"

No, we're not. In fact the coach you TRUST so damn much...really f-ed up sitting Dobbs on the bench....3rd string and expecting to red-shirt him...when an injury to Worley showed just how big a f-up that choice really was! We would have won at least 3 more games.

He and Bajakian screwed up and they know it. EVERYBODY knows it. Dobbs was by far, the best scheme fit. But they stubbornly insisted on forcing a square peg through a round hole, playing a pocket passer who cannot run.

I said that all summer long and throughout fall camp, but some of you goobers kept saying "Worley had a big run in Spring, blah.blah.blah." You can go back and check my posts. My opinions have proven to be pretty darn accurate, so I'm confident enough to speak up and voice concern when I see a reason to.

I don't have to fall in line or bow down and lick Butch's boots, like you do.

A big part of me wants to post what I really want to say in response to this, get banned, and never haver to read crap like it again. But, like a battered spouse, I continue to return.....

Maybe you should apply for a head coaching job somewhere, Coach Einstein. You obviously have all the answers. Of course, it always is easier to lob shots from the the peanut gallery with the benefit of hindsight, than to be the one actually making the decisions in real time.

I think Butch is doing a great job with this program. That doesn't mean he is perfect and makes perfect decisions all the time, because NOBODY does. But, so far, he has done a whole lot more good than bad.

Reactions: 8 people
Geeze Louise, people, PLEASE stop quoting VOLorNuttin!

His drivel is tying up real estate on my phone.
I'll second that. 'Had the horses fed; wife's got dinner cookin'; I switched to VN on the laptop and some nutcase is taking up the conversation with dysteptic rants...calling good folks names, etc., etc. I fixed this for myself in the future. This Nuttin' guy just joined Doyle on my ignore list. Aaaaah. Just the regular VN BS. I can handle that. What're you going to do about it, true Vol fans?:hi:

I'm really puzzled who made DeBord leader. What I read is he's friend of CBJ. Coach Jones said he had OC covered. DeBord is not covering. I would like to see DeBord as Oline coach. I keep saying it's not going to be DeBord. Not even close.:good!:

I'll second that. 'Had the horses fed; wife's got dinner cookin'; I switched to VN on the laptop and some nutcase is taking up the conversation with dysteptic rants...calling good folks names, etc., etc. I fixed this for myself in the future. This Nuttin' guy just joined Doyle on my ignore list. Aaaaah. Just the regular VN BS. I can handle that. What're you going to do about it, true Vol fans?:hi:

Ignores me.
Can't stop talking about me.

Reactions: 1 person
A big part of me wants to post what I really want to say in response to this, get banned, and never haver to read crap like it again. But, like a battered spouse, I continue to return.....

Maybe you should apply for a head coaching job somewhere, Coach Einstein. You obviously have all the answers. Of course, it always is easier to lob shots from the the peanut gallery with the benefit of hindsight, than to be the one actually making the decisions in real time.

I think Butch is doing a great job with this program. That doesn't mean he is perfect and makes perfect decisions all the time, because NOBODY does. But, so far, he has done a whole lot more good than bad.

Don't do something for which the monitors can shoot you down. Just realize the source and let it go.

Its been DeBord the whole time-- this is just unfortunate smoke and mirrors where Butch is trying to save face and make it look like he has been out searching because he knows donors, ex-vols, and the fanbase absolutely think this is a pathetic hire... now he can say "I tried and searched, but no one was available, so I am going with DeBord".... that in itself is pathetic with where this program is trying to go. Butch as of yet can do no wrong and is blowing it out of the water on the recruiting trail, but at some point you have to say he is not perfect and this dud hire because he owes his mentor is the chink in his armor.... hope it does not end us costing us more than we saved...

Good post. I also agree that if Debord is the best he can do, then it just goes to show we are not as back as some want to believe. All th WR and RB talent on this team should have a big time OC salivating. Yet it seems Butch wants to go with a geriatric, overrated guy who has not called an offensive play in 8 years.

Wow!! It's so cool how you are inside the mind of Butch Jones and know exactly what he's going to do and why he will do it. Awesome dude...I should have checked your stats!

I know. I know. You're not at all alone here, EZE. It's unfortunate that these unreasonable children go around showing their hind sides and rattling all our shrubs by ranting about a subject they don't even understand. Like most all of us don't realize that bUTch has pieced this program together in such a manner that all the sports media are in awe of this amazing revival of UT football. It's stupid for people to presume that he'd choose an assistant who'd cause this big orange train to wreck, just due to cronyism or some sudden seizure of stupidity...then hide his decision out of embarrassment until he's able to get away with it. These lightweights rile me up too, and since I'm 64, I take exception to their shallow disrespect for those of us who've played our parts in making their spoiled lives better. I mentioned it a little earlier. Hit the "ignore" button and rest assured that the monitors recognize their widespread annoyance to the more rational VN members. If I were nearby, I'd buy you a beer or two or three.......

VN Store

Back