Mike Sanford or Mike DeBord... That seems to be the top 2

Anyone else pause to think that maybe some of these recommendations for DeBord are coming from people who face Tennessee in the next three years?
What's funny is Urban Meyer calling to recommend DeBord, but he's not bothered to interview him for tOSU's vacant OC job.

It's not a matter of CAN'T. It's a matter of WON'T. His old Boss (De'Boring) has been out of work for a few years and Butch feels obligated to repay an old debt to his former HC.

Appears you think you know so damn much. Please just STFU before you make more of a fool of yourself.:crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
Some folks just don't get it. They presume that as a fan, you HAVE to fall in line and never question a single thing a staff does.

It's because of recruiting that I'm hopeful...but despite that, the cold hard reality remains...we HAVE NOT arrived, yet. Not even close. In fact, I'll repeat it again because it seems lost on so many homers, here....Butch Jones regular season record is IDENTICAL to Derek Dooley's at this juncture (2 seasons).

Despite what you think, Dooley did recruit fairly well...all things considered. When Kiffin left, he managed to pull in 2 NFL WR's, in Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers. In 2012, he recruited another NFL WR. Butch has done a better job, but because of personality differences, Butch has also LOST a heavy number of those signees to transfer. Thus, largely negating any advantage he had over Dooley, in recruiting terms.

So, in short....Butch ain't worth worshiping. It's a wait and see prospect for me, just as it should be with any coach.
Did CDD win three SEC games in his second year? Did he beat a top ten team his first year? Two years in a row we have given UGA a victory.

Reactions: 1 person
Did CDD win three SEC games in his second year? Did he beat a top ten team his first year? Two years in a row we have given UGA a victory.
You can spin it however you like, but it doesn't change the cold hard facts that Butch has the same exact number of regular season wins after 2 yrs as Derek Dooley. That's not a flattering statistic, but some of you poor sheep keep trying to frame it as if "We're Back!"

No, we're not. In fact the coach you TRUST so damn much...really f-ed up sitting Dobbs on the bench....3rd string and expecting to red-shirt him...when an injury to Worley showed just how big a f-up that choice really was! We would have won at least 3 more games.

He and Bajakian screwed up and they know it. EVERYBODY knows it. Dobbs was by far, the best scheme fit. But they stubbornly insisted on forcing a square peg through a round hole, playing a pocket passer who cannot run.

I said that all summer long and throughout fall camp, but some of you goobers kept saying "Worley had a big run in Spring, blah.blah.blah." You can go back and check my posts. My opinions have proven to be pretty darn accurate, so I'm confident enough to speak up and voice concern when I see a reason to.

I don't have to fall in line or bow down and lick Butch's boots, like you do.

Last edited:
You can spin it however you like, but it doesn't change the cold hard facts that Butch has the same exact number of regular season wins after 2 yrs as Derek Dooley. That's not a flattering statistic, but some of you poor sheep keep trying to frame it as if "We're Back!"

No, we're not. In fact the coach you TRUST so damn much...really f-ed up sitting Dobbs on the bench....3rd string and expecting to red-shirt him...when an injury to Worley showed just how big a f-up that choice really was! We would have won at least 3 more games, and you could thump your chest even harder than you would with a 6-6 regular season.

He and Bajakian screwed up and they know it. EVERYBODY knows it. Dobbs was by far, the best scheme fit. I said that all summer long and throughout fall camp. You can go back and check my posts. My opinions have proven to be pretty darn accurate, so I'm confident enough to speak up and voice concern when I see a reason to.

Alrighty then...

No, we're not. In fact the coach you TRUST so damn much...really f-ed up sitting Dobbs on the bench....3rd string and expecting to red-shirt him...when an injury to Worley showed just how big a f-up that choice really was! We would have won at least 3 more games, and you could thump your chest even harder than you would with a 6-6 regular season.

He f-ed up and he knows it. EVERYBODY knows it. Dobbs was the best scheme fit. I said that all summer long and throwout fall camp. You can go back and check my posts. My opinions have proven to be pretty darn accurate, so I'm confident enough to speak up and voice concern when I see a reason to.

I'll give you the Worley/Dobbs situation was a head scratcher but keep in mind what this team made up of 18-19 year olds going up against 21-22 year olds accomplished.

The record of Dooley and Jones at this point may be the same but the trajectory of the program now versus under Dooley is 180 degrees different.

I'll give you the Worley/Dobbs situation was a head scratcher but keep in mind what this team made up of 18-19 year olds going up against 21-22 year olds accomplished.

The record of Dooley and Jones at this point may be the same but the trajectory of the program now versus under Dooley is 180 degrees different.
The same excuses people make for Butch largely were the same for Dooley. No depth, we're young....blah.blah.blah. The point I'm making is that coaches ARE fallible. And as such, they will make mistakes. Butch has already made some of his own. Questioning those doesn't mean I have to hate him or want him fired.

With all the transfers, I hope he addresses the concerns that most of those guys had, so it doesn't continue happening. With this hire, I hope he chooses one of the dozen or so well-qualified ones and refrains from the temptation to hire an old, out of work, crony of his...out of a sense of obligation

That's not asking so much. We all want our team to come out of this funk.

Some folks just don't get it. They presume that as a fan, you HAVE to fall in line and never question a single thing a staff does.

It's because of recruiting that I'm hopeful...but despite that, the cold hard reality remains...we HAVE NOT arrived, yet. Not even close. In fact, I'll repeat it again because it seems lost on so many homers, here....Butch Jones regular season record is IDENTICAL to Derek Dooley's at this juncture (2 seasons).

Despite what you think, Dooley did recruit fairly well...all things considered. When Kiffin left, he managed to pull in 2 NFL WR's, in Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers. In 2012, he recruited another NFL WR. Butch has done a better job, but because of personality differences, Butch has also LOST a heavy number of those signees to transfer. Thus, largely negating any advantage he had over Dooley, in recruiting terms.

So, in short....Butch ain't worth worshiping. It's a wait and see prospect for me, just as it should be with any coach.
Butch could lose half of year's class and his recruiting advantage over Dooley wouldn't be negated.

This guy doesn't care. Apparently he doesn't understand the roster attrition we had and how young we were. This was a project to build back. Coach had a plan and he has executed it like a skilled surgeon. Amongst the biggest recruiters in college football. Head to head. This whole same record is a joke. Completely different situation. What he has done is remarkable and no one saw coming. Possibly not even himself.

The same excuses people make for Butch largely were the same for Dooley. No depth, we're young....blah.blah.blah. The point I'm making is that coaches ARE fallible. And as such, they will make mistakes. Butch has already made some of his own. Questioning those doesn't mean I have to hate him or want him fired.

With all the transfers, I hope he addresses the concerns that most of those guys had, so it doesn't continue happening. With this hire, I hope he chooses one of the dozen or so well-qualified ones and refrains from the temptation to hire an old, out of work, crony of his...out of a sense of obligation

That's not asking so much. We all want our team to come out of this funk.

Some of the transfers may have to do with play time and the recognition that current and incoming players at your given position are superior to you. So you go where the competition for your position is weaker.

This guy doesn't care. Apparently he doesn't understand the roster attrition we had and how young we were. This was a project to build back. Coach had a plan and he has executed it like a skilled surgeon. Amongst the biggest recruiters in college football. Head to head. This whole same record is a joke. Completely different situation. What he has done is remarkable and no one saw coming. Possibly not even himself.
If it's a "different situation," then why were we only 6-6 in December? Dooley was 6-6 his first year, and he inherited an absolute dumpster fire.

You keep trying to spin the facts to make things look better than they are. It's easy to pounce on Dooley, now that he's gone, but you didn't do that when he was still the HC.

The point remains that Butch may have this program headed in the right direction, but it's really all supposition at this point. This is precisely why I hope he hires on of the OC candidates who proved his metal THIS season....not someone who was a blast from the past (not much of a blast at that).

One bad hire can totally wreck all the momentum we might have, by way of recruiting and such

No, we're not. In fact the coach you TRUST so damn much...really f-ed up sitting Dobbs on the bench....3rd string and expecting to red-shirt him...when an injury to Worley showed just how big a f-up that choice really was! We would have won at least 3 more games.

He and Bajakian screwed up and they know it. EVERYBODY knows it. Dobbs was by far, the best scheme fit. But they stubbornly insisted on forcing a square peg through a round hole, playing a pocket passer who cannot run.

I said that all summer long and throughout fall camp, but some of you goobers kept saying "Worley had a big run in Spring, blah.blah.blah." You can go back and check my posts. My opinions have proven to be pretty darn accurate, so I'm confident enough to speak up and voice concern when I see a reason to.

Beginning of the season Worley was hot. You don't remember that? He was completing a lot of passes. He was awesome on the road in Athens. Hurd ran over a hundred yards. The offense can work with a pocket passer.

If it's a "different situation," then why were we only 6-6 in December? Dooley was 6-6 his first year, and he inherited an absolute dumpster fire.

You keep trying to spin the facts to make things look better than they are. It's easy to pounce on Dooley, now that he's gone, but you didn't do that when he was still the HC.

The point remains that Butch may have this program headed in the right direction, but it's really all supposition at this point. This is precisely why I hope he hires on of the OC candidates who proved his metal THIS season....not someone who was a blast from the past (not much of a blast at that).

One bad hire can totally wreck all the momentum we might have, by way of recruiting and such

You literally have no reason to be *****ing the way you are. None.

Reactions: 5 people
You are correct. I'd also like to add that the way he is comparing records is flawed.

Dooley's 1st yr. 6-6 reg season 6-7 overall
2nd season 5-7 reg season no bowl
That my friends is a downward trajectory.

Butch's 1st yr. 5-7 reg season no bowl
2nd yr. 6-6 reg season 7-6 overall
That is upward trajectory. See the difference.

What you all have failed to mention in all of this the most horrific think to happen to UT football . Dooley lost to a UK team with no qb . And how is fooley's 11-14 = to BuTch's 12-13 record and beating the old ball coach twice in 2 years.

What you all have failed to mention in all of this the most horrific think to happen to UT football . Dooley lost to a UK team with no qb . And how is fooley's 11-14 = to BuTch's 12-13 record and beating the old ball coach twice in 2 years.
He also beat Butch head to head. Many had predicted Cincinnati would win...and they had a better record at the end of 2012. Still got beat soundly by Dooley. But a good sheep wouldn't want to mention that.

Not to mention Dooley's brilliant idea to install a 3-4 defense with kids recruited for 4-3.

He also beat Butch head to head. Many had predicted Cincinnati would win...and they had a better record at the end of 2012. Still got beat soundly by Dooley. But a good sheep wouldn't want to mention that.

Better teams lose to worse teams all the time.

Good catch but I was seriously try to forget that UK game. Prior to that game I'd never seen TN lose to UK in all my yrs on earth.

O I'm not a sheep and I hate all things big blue even Deford .But cinny was about even in the first half and Bray had his best game as a vol that day throwing to Hunter, Rodgers ,and Riviera . Do you remember what hunter wouldn't catch before he got hurt .

VN Store

Back