Mike Norvell is the guy we need

But I agree.....at this point I think Norvell would be a good, young energetic hire.

I thought Kiffin is the guy we need. I thought Gruden is the guy we need. I thought Les Miles is the guy we need, I thought.....is the guy we need

Mike Norvell is the best guy for the job right now. Many vol fans, including myself, have been writing off his name since he is associated with Memphis. The immediate reaction is to think he is reaping the work of Fuente.

But, I don't think this is the case. His team is surpassing the success of Fuente. His team, DESPITE having a game cancelled is leading Memphis to a 10 win season for the first time SINCE 1938

Watch the interview attached! You want a mature and focused leader like him heading your program, not a Kiffin! I also believe he is a guy recruits will get on board with after having a conversation with him

I urge Volnation to be patient! Memphis plays Scott Frost and UCF for the AAC championship this Saturday. If he wins, Memphis, most likely will be playing in a New Year's Six bowl game. While he may have been overlooked, he won't go unoticed if he pulls that off.

Tennessee may very well make a mediocre hire and then let a guy like Mike Norvell have success elsewhere and not even be considered. WAIT and SEE!

Memphis Football: Mike Norvell UCF Press Conference - YouTube

I can go along with that with no problems. I just hope he is not scared away by our over zealous fan base.

He still has a game to coach Saturday. If they are going after Norvell it won't be announced until after that game.

We would have to compete with Memphis, Miss State, and Arkansas to get him.

I would be happy with Mike Norvell as head coach for Tennessee. He seems to have a really good offense at Memphis, despite having lost an NFL draft pick at quarterback.

Also, something to consider is that Justin Fuente originally met with Norvell to learn his offense at Arizona State. In other words, Fuente was running Norvell's offense the entire time he was at Memphis.

So, in reality, Fuente was leaching off of Norvell for offensive ideas, not the other way around like so many on this forum believe.

Reactions: 4 people
I would be happy with Mike Norvell as head coach for Tennessee. He seems to have a really good offense at Memphis, despite having lost an NFL draft pick at quarterback.

Also, something to consider is that Justin Fuente originally met with Norvell to learn his offense at Arizona State. In other words, Fuente was running Norvell's offense the entire time he was at Memphis.

So, in reality, Fuente was leaching off of Norvell for offensive ideas, not the other way around like so many on this forum believe.

Exactly. Read the stories of Miller and Ferguson then take a look at the depth chart. It's really that simple, but sounds so much better to blow him off as succeeding "with Fuente's players".

Very Attractive!

Funny how he wasn't good enough for UT and we didn't need to settle for an up and comer from Memphis. Especially since he's riding Fuentes coat tails. Oh...and Fuente kept getting thumbed noses on this site from many a poster. From where we sit today, isn't it funny how damned good both look right now? Especially Fuente. He'd be something of a grand slam hire right about now would he not?

Reactions: 1 person
Then you throw the party at your house when he's hired, know it all. He sucks ass and I want a proven winner.

Tennessee is on bended knee in front of anyone that would say yes. Saying you want a proven winner....well that ship sailed 10 years ago. Take what you can get at this point. That is where you are.

I think we are probably waiting on the AAC championship game to get over before any meaningful negotiations occur. He probably also has an eye on Arkansas, which is waiting on Malzahn and the SECCG.

Get Norvell tomorrow. He has recruiting connections in Memphis that Tennessee hasn't been able to recruit well since Bama and everyone else were buying players there. He's a winner and young. Great combo for the long haul!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back