Mike Norvell is the guy we need

vavolfan6

Mike Norvell is the best guy for the job right now. Many vol fans, including myself, have been writing off his name since he is associated with Memphis. The immediate reaction is to think he is reaping the work of Fuente.

But, I don't think this is the case. His team is surpassing the success of Fuente. His team, DESPITE having a game cancelled is leading Memphis to a 10 win season for the first time SINCE 1938

Watch the interview attached! You want a mature and focused leader like him heading your program, not a Kiffin! I also believe he is a guy recruits will get on board with after having a conversation with him

I urge Volnation to be patient! Memphis plays Scott Frost and UCF for the AAC championship this Saturday. If he wins, Memphis, most likely will be playing in a New Year's Six bowl game. While he may have been overlooked, he won't go unoticed if he pulls that off.

Tennessee may very well make a mediocre hire and then let a guy like Mike Norvell have success elsewhere and not even be considered. WAIT and SEE!

Memphis Football: Mike Norvell UCF Press Conference - YouTube

Reactions: 17 people
Why hasn't his name come up? He wasnt in my top 10, thought he was nowhere near proven enough. But at this point, he should be one of the top picks.

Reactions: 6 people
I thought I saw someone post (maybe on Facebook) that he wasn’t interested?

Reactions: 1 person
Funny that I thought Norvell might be our floor at the start of this **** show...now I honestly think he's our ceiling.

I work at the U of M. Mike Norvell is a winner. You exhaust every option with big names and if they won't come, Norvell is the guy!

Reactions: 3 people
We get turned down and a name miraculously appears .... Here is the guy we need. We r in deep doodoo.

Seriously... We need to circle the wagons and quick. It's getting ugly fast.

I believe he said no when they called. Saw on twitter yesterday.

He is in the middle of his season right now prepping for a championship game. After news of offering 7mil a yr at Gundy, why not throw 4.5 mil his way and let him mull it over later. We could easily outbid Arkansas for him and he will be a hot commodity next week if he finds a way to win.

I work at the U of M. Mike Norvell is a winner. You exhaust every option with big names and if they won't come, Norvell is the guy!
any idea how valid/serious the red flag that ol Jimmy “big scoop “ Hyams was talking about on the radio the other morning ??

Why hasn't his name come up? He wasnt in my top 10, thought he was nowhere near proven enough. But at this point, he should be one of the top picks.

Because he is only 36 years old and has less than two years HC experience that is at a non-power 5 school.

Mike Norvell is the best guy for the job right now. Many vol fans, including myself, have been writing off his name since he is associated with Memphis. The immediate reaction is to think he is reaping the work of Fuente.

But, I don't think this is the case. His team is surpassing the success of Fuente. His team, DESPITE having a game cancelled is leading Memphis to a 10 win season for the first time SINCE 1938

Watch the interview attached! You want a mature and focused leader like him heading your program, not a Kiffin! I also believe he is a guy recruits will get on board with after having a conversation with him

I urge Volnation to be patient! Memphis plays Scott Frost and UCF for the AAC championship this Saturday. If he wins, Memphis, most likely will be playing in a New Year's Six bowl game. While he may have been overlooked, he won't go unoticed if he pulls that off.

Tennessee may very well make a mediocre hire and then let a guy like Mike Norvell have success elsewhere and not even be considered. WAIT and SEE!

Memphis Football: Mike Norvell UCF Press Conference - YouTube

Nope! Made his living off of Feunte's players. Sounds like Butch living off of Brian Kelly to me.

We get turned down and a name miraculously appears .... Here is the guy we need. We r in deep doodoo.

Seriously... We need to circle the wagons and quick. It's getting ugly fast.

He doesn't have the long and proven resume that we were looking for originally, but with those top tier options off the table he is best of the next tier. Maybe he doesn't have the body of work, but he certainly has a high ceiling.

Reactions: 2 people
Not true. Big success as OC at Arizona State. Also taught Fuente the ASU offense that Paxton Lynch ran at U of M under Fuente. You don't know what you're talking about!

Then you throw the party at your house when he's hired, know it all. He sucks ass and I want a proven winner.

They're going to miss a great up and coming coach if they pass on Mike Norvell. An offensive genius. All he needs is a good defensive coordinator. I've been impressed with him from the start. Going to win big for somebody while we watch on.

Reactions: 3 people
No, he's not.

Never heard of him. Never saw him in major bowl. Never saw him with Top 5 recruiting class.

Then you throw the party at your house when he's hired, know it all. He sucks ass and I want a proven winner.

I'm telling you that the reason he was hired at Memphis is because he taught Feunte's staff the offense in the first place. Did you notice how the offense got better when he arrived at the U of M. And for the record, he has out recruited Fuente here at the U of M. You want a proven winner? Then turn your TV on at noon Saturday and watch Frost and Norvell. They are 22-1 this year and the only loss was to the other team.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back