Mike Norvell is the guy we need

I'm telling you that the reason he was hired at Memphis is because he taught Feunte's staff the offense in the first place. Did you notice how the offense got better when he arrived at the U of M. And for the record, he has out recruited Fuente here at the U of M. You want a proven winner? Then turn your TV on at noon Saturday and watch Frost and Norvell. They are 22-1 this year and the only loss was to the other team.

Don't waste your breath. You're arguing with the poster child for the bad reputation that our fan base has.

Reactions: 3 people
But Chad Morris is a legit option..eh?

I don't even understand that option. Especially if Hyams believes he is a top candidate. Norvell has a better record (17-6) than Morris (13-22) and beat down on SMU this year as well.

But Chad Morris is a legit option..eh?

I have no clue why he has even been mentioned as a possible candidate as your HC. Christ the guy is 13-22 at SMU. You ought to be able to sleep walk your way to a .600 or better win percent if the DFW area is your home recruiting turf.

Reactions: 2 people
No, he's not.

Never heard of him. Never saw him in major bowl. Never saw him with Top 5 recruiting class.

But, many have heard of Scott Frost.

Why is there so much of a difference? Many on here want to throw loads of money at him to lure him away from going to his alma mater where he won a NC, yet aren't highly considering Norvell who has a very similar record.

Reactions: 1 person
Then you throw the party at your house when he's hired, know it all. He sucks ass and I want a proven winner.

Before last Sunday, you could of had your wish.. Proven Winners wont answer the phone no matter how much $$ is calling.. Coaches want to know who there AD is going to be, and blind people can see Currie is fired as soon as he hires someone..
Dead Man Walking

It's the Clemson background. Norvell inherented Memphis. SMU was a dumpster fire.

Norvell inherited a Memphis team that lost its' starting QB to the 1st round of the NFL draft. I think he should be commended for sustaining the talent and even surpassing what Fuente did.

Some may question him, but I find it amazing what one game can do. If he wins this Saturday, many will quickly change their opinion.

Norvell’s recruiting class was better than any of Fuente’s. He is a great coach. Memphis has made 2 better hires than UT and a surprisingly competent AD now.

Reactions: 7 people
Mike Norvell is the best guy for the job right now. Many vol fans, including myself, have been writing off his name since he is associated with Memphis. The immediate reaction is to think he is reaping the work of Fuente.

But, I don't think this is the case. His team is surpassing the success of Fuente. His team, DESPITE having a game cancelled is leading Memphis to a 10 win season for the first time SINCE 1938

Watch the interview attached! You want a mature and focused leader like him heading your program, not a Kiffin! I also believe he is a guy recruits will get on board with after having a conversation with him

I urge Volnation to be patient! Memphis plays Scott Frost and UCF for the AAC championship this Saturday. If he wins, Memphis, most likely will be playing in a New Year's Six bowl game. While he may have been overlooked, he won't go unoticed if he pulls that off.

Tennessee may very well make a mediocre hire and then let a guy like Mike Norvell have success elsewhere and not even be considered. WAIT and SEE!

Memphis Football: Mike Norvell UCF Press Conference - YouTube

Maybe, but would be nice to see if he could sustain the same amount of success over time with his own guys

Reactions: 1 person
He is in the middle of his season right now prepping for a championship game. After news of offering 7mil a yr at Gundy, why not throw 4.5 mil his way and let him mull it over later. We could easily outbid Arkansas for him and he will be a hot commodity next week if he finds a way to win.

You know Arkansas’ version of the Haslams is the Walton family? Of Wal-Mart fame? Don’t be so sure about that bidding war

I'm ready at this point to take a chance on Norvell, what he did with Riley Ferguson is amazing.

Mike Norvell is the best guy for the job right now. Many vol fans, including myself, have been writing off his name since he is associated with Memphis. The immediate reaction is to think he is reaping the work of Fuente.

But, I don't think this is the case. His team is surpassing the success of Fuente. His team, DESPITE having a game cancelled is leading Memphis to a 10 win season for the first time SINCE 1938

Watch the interview attached! You want a mature and focused leader like him heading your program, not a Kiffin! I also believe he is a guy recruits will get on board with after having a conversation with him

I urge Volnation to be patient! Memphis plays Scott Frost and UCF for the AAC championship this Saturday. If he wins, Memphis, most likely will be playing in a New Year's Six bowl game. While he may have been overlooked, he won't go unoticed if he pulls that off.

Tennessee may very well make a mediocre hire and then let a guy like Mike Norvell have success elsewhere and not even be considered. WAIT and SEE!

Memphis Football: Mike Norvell UCF Press Conference - YouTube

He sure sold UCF well. I'd rather have him than any coordinator

I live in Memphis. Word among Memphis fans is that he has a gambling addiction. Spends a lot of time in Tunica. (Random I know).

I'm pretty sure Ole Miss fans started that rumor. You only have so much free time as a head coach at the FBS level, certainly not enough to have a large amount of 2 hour car rides from Memphis to Tunica and back throughout the year.

Not sure what it is, but Hyams keeps saying his sources tell him there's a major red flag and he's not being looked at as a candidate.

Also the Butch factor. Not interested in seeing someone come here that coattails a successful coach. Even if he emerges as a good coach later down the road.

VN Store

Back