Mike Mayock likes Alvin Kamara.....

Butch Jones is already a confirmed moron when it comes to coaching.

People will be wondering for years how he won less than 10 games with the players Tennessee had in 2016.

People won't believe that a college team had Josh Dobbs, Alvin Kamara, Cam Sutton, and Jalen Hurd on the same team and couldn't win more than 9 games. That's like having Randall Cunningham, Marshall Faulk, Darrelle Revis, and Eddie George on the same college team and not winning more than 9 games.

It'll be an embrassing indictment of his abilities as a coach.

Not really a "Butch" guy, but I would be willing to bet that he has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

Reactions: 2 people
AK has phenomenal hands imo. A drop or 2 in one meaningless bowl game doesn't define his pass receiving skills imo. 74 catches in 2 seasons as a part time player, sometimes maybe only getting 20% of offensive snaps, in a run-heavy offense, further highlights this.

Can we quit calling the bowl game "meaningless". Goodness. If it was meaningless why'd they even play it? Lord.

Not really a "Butch" guy, but I would be willing to bet that he has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

I've never claimed to be a coach.

Just saying that compared to other coaches Butch Jones is a moron. Nobody has wasted more talent than him.

Just watch how successful these guys become in the NFL. It'll have everyone wondering what happened at Tennessee.

I like him too and would love to see another year in Orange but it is time for him to go get paid. Hope he has a stellar career.

Cook is a poor man's Alvin Kamara. He should not be anywhere close to the first RB off the board.

Just stop. Cook is a great college running back whose burst, elusiveness and top end speed will translate to the NFL.

Look, I know you're all excited about Kamara, even though it's very "johnny come lately".....but why do you have to make stupid statements like this? They're both elite talents, neither is anybody's "poor man" anything.

Lacks ideal size, speed, and athleticism. Has only one go to move. The speed rush off the edge with the great bend. Better athletes at the NFL will neutralize that. Also he lacks ideal strength to be able to bull rush.

He'll be good in the NFL because of his motor and work ethic. But he won't be exceptional because of the lack of physical tools.

Lack physical tools??

Man the dude covered a Texas AM WR and broke up the pass.

Many times he's tackled skill players in the open field.

You don't like his build. Barnett has just as much physical talent as Garret. Garrett is just built like a Hero. That's why hes gushed over
But he's not nasty enough.

Just stop. Cook is a great college running back whose burst, elusiveness and top end speed will translate to the NFL.

Look, I know you're all excited about Kamara, even though it's very "johnny come lately".....but why do you have to make stupid statements like this? They're both elite talents, neither is anybody's "poor man" anything.

And? We're talking pro potential here. I could care less about collegiate production.

I'm not a fan of Cook's ability on the next level. I don't think he'll be very durable in the NFL. And in terms of talent, Kamara is better by a WIDE margin. Kamara is a Marshall Faulk type talent. Cook can be a poor man's Chris Johnson. A few great years but that is all. He'll have almost no longevity.

Last edited:
why yall doing that man like that..thats how he feels..that don't make him delusional. You always supposed to have high hopes for the guys that the leave the program..lol

You ain't been around long enough. Wait til he criticizes Brandon's "gut" or "mediocre speed". :pinch:

WTF? Myles Garrett 1st overall? Did you not see that he collected all his stats from weak competition?? He SUCKED in SEC play. What makes you think he will do better in the NFL where everyone is better?

You've said some doozies in here, but this absolutely takes the cake :loco:

Cake's been off the table for a year. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Cool tweet, hope AK finds his way into the first round.....

"Watched Alvin Kamara from tenn last night...WOW...burst, accel, COD...exc in pass game... Special talent- should be in 1st rd conversation"

Great to hear someone noticed he should be first round. Last I saw from Kiper or McShay or one of those guys was 3-4 round grade.

Reactions: 1 person
Great to hear someone noticed he should be first round. Last I saw from Kiper or McShay or one of those guys was 3-4 round grade.

Kiper and McShay are fools.

They know nothing.

Every year they overvalue bad players and miss out on great ones. Their only value is at the very end when their final mock drafts come out. Its only then that they get intel from front offices about what will happen.

He has average hands, he dropped more than just in the bowl game. He is still has great vision, power and speed but I see him as a APB and to be elite he needs to have surer hands, thats all.

Disagree. No worries.

He got virtually no chance to do much in 2015, due to staff's obsession with Hurd. This year, with Hurd gone, Kamara got showcased (TAM in particular) and showed how dynamic and talented he really is. 3rd or 4th rd was probably about right last year and likely the reason he came back....just thrilled for him that it looks like that decision to return is really about to pay off.

I've been consistent in saying Myles Garrett is easily the #1 rated prospect in the 2017 draft. Well after watching some more tape of Solomon Thomas, defensive lineman from Stanford, I might have to amend that. He sure is giving Garrett a run for his money as the #1 overall player in this class.

That kid is special. He's got a chance to be a JJ Watt type player in the NFL.

He's a complete back. The NFL is slowly changing to a RB league with fewer and fewer proven QBs.

With a solid RB you can still compete... AKA Dolphins.

I could see him going 1st round for sure. But late first round. I can see Packers, Chiefs, Giants, and even Seattle.

Any team with an already proven QB will take him. Atlanta is nasty. Dallas is nowhere without Elliott.

Imagine how Kamara could open up that Packers offense?

Last edited:
He should be the first RB taken (yes over Fournette). He's the next Marshall Faulk.

It'll be crazy to look back in 5 years and see how many NFL superstars we had on this team and how we couldn't even win 10 games. Team 120 will have featured 2 Future HOFers (Alvin Kamara and Cam Sutton). Another 2 pro-bowl level talents (Josh Dobbs and Jalen Hurd). And a solid 10 year starter like Derek Barnett.

You amaze me.

Josh Dobbs has Randall Cunningham type talent. With the right coaching staff he can be a future MVP candidate in the NFL.

Dobbs will have the brilliant NFL career people assume Deshaun Watson will have.

Inb4 "well Dobbs didn't have the right coaching staff or he woulda been MVP"

VN Store

Back